In Which I Attempt a Waterdeep: Dragon Heist Photoshoot

Is R2-D2 in it?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Are there any dungeons? If so, what are they called and what's the general theme? How many rooms are in each dungeon? Also, do the dungeons have boxed text or no?

I like dungeons. :)

Wow. Homework assignment! I'll have that report on your desk by Monday!

Yes, there are some. But I'm not describing them all! :)

For certain values of "dungeon" (none are "big"), there are a dozen or more mapped buildings. But the next adventure is the big dungeon adventure.

E

Elderbrain

There's about 30 pages of monsters and NPCs. Mainly NPCs rather than monsters. I like the drow gunslinger, the gazer, and the walking statues of Waterdeep.

There's a Drow GUNSLINGER?!? So, guns are in? Do they use Smokepowder?

machineelf

Explorer
Kind of pricey for the Map Pack, but the 20" x 40" doesnt seem too bad. Not sure theres much new on them to justify buying though.

Yeah, it can be a bit pricey to get the whole pack. Then again, you are getting several vinyl posters, one for each Ward of the city. That's about 6 maps if I recall correctly. So 6 vinyl maps at a little less than $10 per map is not bad. But for many, spending $100 to get the book and the special map pack is going to just be too much, understandably.

R_J_K75

Legend
Yeah, it can be a bit pricey to get the whole pack. Then again, you are getting several vinyl posters, one for each Ward of the city. That's about 6 maps if I recall correctly. So 6 vinyl maps at a little less than $10 per map is not bad. But for many, spending $100 to get the book and the special map pack is going to just be too much, understandably.
I didnt realize they were all vinyl just assumed the larger one was. Amazon didnt have a description. Guess Ill check the GF9 site.

machineelf

Explorer
I didnt realize they were all vinyl just assumed the larger one was. Amazon didnt have a description. Guess Ill check the GF9 site.

I'm not 100 sure. I've made the assumption that they were vinyl, and I thought I read it on the description somewhere, but I might be mistaken. If you find out definitively, let me know!

lvl20dm

Explorer
There's a Drow GUNSLINGER?!? So, guns are in? Do they use Smokepowder?

Though I don't have the book, I do know that Chris Perkins talked about Smokepowder and its role in the Realms (and its role in this adventure) on Dragon Talk. I believe we're getting a full write-up on smoke powder in Dragon Heist.

Remove ads

Remove ads