THE HEROES OF DYVERS CHAPTER 7: CLARE'S ERRAND

Damionte

Explorer
Duncan & Company

From the cover of the nearby rock formation, the crew watches Sir dude as he makes his preparations. Layering protections all over himself.

Trav: "He's crazy!"
Ebony: "This is madness we have to do something."
Lenny: "Boss what's going on what's he doing."

Duncan: Casts detect magic to watch the magical overlay ...... "He's gone to plaid!"

Super Plaid.jpg

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
GM:
INITIATIVE COUNT:

Dewydd: 19
Khubsheth: 3

GM:
DEWYDD: I'm not going to bother with a map. You are squaring off against each other on the firm part of the sand, at a distance of 50 ft. apart. You have won initiative.

DEWYDD: It's your turn! What do you do?

Diarmadhim

Explorer
With a grim grin of resignation, my lizard-like helm opens up and displays jagged teeth. Inhaling, I charge toward the androsphinx and leap, delivering a flurry of blows.

[sblock=Meta Junk]
Battle Leader's Charge: No AoO allowed during charge.

To Hit:
+12/+7/+2 BAB.
+2 ST (+14/+9/+4).
+1 Magic Weapon (+15/+10/+5).
+3 Martial Discipline Weapon (+18/+13/+8).
+2 Haste (+20/+20/+15/+10).
+2 Charge (+22/+22/+17/+12).
Whirling Frenzy (+22/+22/+22/+17/+12).
Multiattack Bite [Alter Self] (+22/+22/+22/+17/+12 & +20 Bite).
Attack 1: 22+6=28.
Attack 2: 22+13=35.
Attack 3: 22+3=25.
Attack 4: 17+8=25.
Attack 5: 12+18=30.
Bite: 20+9=29.

Damage:
Attack 1:
Base 2d6+4.
Whirling Frenzy 2d6+7.
+10 Battle Leader's Charge.
+36 Power Attack w/ Leap Attack & Two-Handed Weapon.
+1d8 Powerful Charge as a Medium Creature.
+1d6 Punishing Stance.
Total = 3d6+1d8+53.
Result: 62.

Attack 2, 3, 4, & 5:
Base 2d6+4.
Whirling Frenzy 2d6+7.
+36 Power Attack w/ Leap Attack & Two-Handed Weapon.
+1d6 Punishing Stance.
Total = 3d6+43 each.
Results: 54, 54, 49, & 56.

Bite:
Base 1d6+2.
Whirling Frenzy 2d6+3.
+24 Power Attack w/ Leap Attack (not a Two-Handed Weapon).
+1d6 Punishing Stance.
Total = 3d6+27.
Result: 40.

AC:
10 Base.
+1 Dex Mod.
+9 Abjurant Armor Spell (4+Abjurant Champion level 5, Abjurant Armor [Su]).
+9 Shield Spell (4+Abjurant Champion level 5, Abjurant Armor [Su]).
+8 Natural Armor (Alter Self).
+2 Protection From Evil Spell (Deflect).
+2 Haste.
+9 Amulet of Defense.
-1 Vulnerable Flaw.
-2 Charge.
-2 Punishing Stance.
-12 Shock Trooper.
Total = 33 AC.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
KHUBSHETH IS VICTORIOUS!

Dewydd lays into the behemoth, showering him with a series of SAVAGE blows, only half of which seem to have any effect. Khubsheth reels from the onslaught, clearly having underestimated Dewydd's raw power. Khubsheth is bleeding significantly in 3 separate places, but despite this, his pace is unslowed, and he retaliates against Dewydd with equal ferocity!

With the efficiency of an enormous Lion, Khubsheth literally rips Dewydd apart where he stands! Khubsheth's massive claws dig deeply into Dewydd's torso, and with a sickening, ripping and tearing sound, Dewydd's left arm is completely separated from his body!

Dewydd slumps to the ground, ceasing to move, as his blood soaks the white sands around him. There is no doubt that Dewydd, champion of Dyvers, is DEAD.

GM: This S-Block removed by the DM.

GM:
Attack 1: 22+6=28. (Miss)
Attack 2: 22+13=35. (Hit)
Attack 3: 22+3=25. (Miss)
Attack 4: 17+8=25. (Miss)
Attack 5: 12+18=30. (Hit)
Bite: 20+9=29. (Hit)

Attacks 2,5, and bite hit.
I guess it's now easy to see that his AC is 29.

Damage: 54, 56, and bite 40.
Total = 150 points.
Minus DR: 120 points.

Khubsheth has taken 120 points of damage.
Khubsheth is moderately wounded.

Khubsheth Attacks: claw/claw/rending rake
Kuubsheth is calling 8 points of Power Attack.

39,53,44 = 3 hits.
Khubsheth, being a semi-divine being, has True Seeing innately, which counteracts Dewydd's Blur spell.

Damage per claw: 2d4+31
Special ability: Rending Rake: 4d4+55
Damage: 34, 39, 65 = 138 points.

Dewydd: 123 hit ps - 138 = -15. Dead.

DEWYDD HAS FALLEN! EVERYONE: WHAT DO YOU DO?!? (IF YOU PLAN TO AVENGE DEWYDD, ROLL INITIATIVE!)

Last edited:

Damionte

Explorer
:: Duncan & Company ::

Watching Sir Dewydd get torn part with such little effort has the obvious effect on the crew.

Lenny: "Well, that didn't work!"
Trav: "May as well head back to town start working on plan B!"
Ebony: "That poor soul. Did he have any next of kin. We may need to inform them."
Duncan: "Yeah we'll write them a letter when we get home!! We're getting the hell out of here though!!"

redraider629

Explorer
Thallok watches the fight between Dewydd and Khubsheth from a distance. He initially liked Dewydd's chances, already witnessing this brave fighter take out almost equally strong foes. He watches as the hits Dewydd laid on the monster, hits that would have easily dispathed any other enemy, just caused bleeding. He then watches as his friend is killed. He first feels fear. For the first time since he was young, this orc is scared. That fear was short lived though, the fear being overtaken by anger. He owes much to the Champions of Dyvers for sparing him, and watching one of them die, and the others threatened, was enough to get rid of the fear.

Thallok looks down, as if he is making peace with all his past deeds, and takes a step foward. He takes one look back at the rest of the Champions, and then turns, knowing what he must do.

He makes his way to where Dewydd was standing and addressed the beast. "You were given a chance, and you chose blood. As you can see you are outnumbered; in the end, we will still beat you. You said you welcome death, so do I, let us fight it out. Let me avenge my fallen brother. You my friend, will pay for what you have done this day."

OOC: initiative=21

Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Khubsheth: Up Close, and Personal!

Khubsheth smiles, and roars: "Ah, that's the spirit! Come, Orc! Let's make this personal! It's not like you can outrun me, anyway! YOU WILL ALL DIE THIS DAY! Better to die a hero's death, than a coward's!"

Khubsheth moves to attack.

GM:

INITIATIVE COUNT:

Tam-Tam: 23
Thallok: 21
Vale: 20
Ebony: 18
Lenny: 15
Respen: 14a1
Sylvar: 14a2
Khubsheth: 14b
Travis: 13
Kleborn: 11
Duncan: 7

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
DM SUPPLEMENTAL POST: MAP OF NEWLY REVISED POSITIONS.

GM:
This is where everyone is, currently. The way I did it: if you didn't say you moved, then you stood where you were.
The only three people who moved were Respen, Dewydd, and now (most recently) Thallok.

GM:
REVISED POSITIONS:

00-Sphinx-Base-Battle-001c.png

Damionte

Explorer
Forcing His Hand

:: Duncan & Company ::

As Thallock runs off to meet his fate Duncan prepares to get his people home. Reaching into his pack for his rod of teleportation he starts to call to the others, when madness sets in. He looks at Ebony who is looking back at him with a strange look in her eyes. He flashes back to their earlier conversation at the tent.

<EARLIER>
Ebony: "We are landed nobility of the realm."
Duncan: "Someone woke up prideful this morning........!"
Ebony: "At least one of us has some pride!"
Duncan: "What is that supposed to me?"
Ebony: "We became nobles to prove we belong at the table, and not outside in the street, the way we grew up."
Duncan: "We've spoke on this before. Honor is more than tilting at every windmill that comes into view!"
Ebony: "Honor can not be won without glory! Without sacrifice!"
Duncan: "A cause must be worthy of that sacrifice!"

Lenny: "Mom and dad are fighting again!"
Trav: "/snickers"

Ebony: "Will you ever risk anything?"
Duncan: "I risk everything each time we take the field!"

In that moment Tam and Sylvar exit the chieftains tent. The Company quickly regain their composure looking smart once more. Duncan interrupts their argument to ask the champions....... "So we learn anything?"

<Present>

Duncan is half way through fishing out his rod when he looks up and see's Ebony turn away with her Bow in hand. Hustling along after the red orc Thallock, arrow knocked. She yells out a familiar battle cry. The twins lacking commands from Duncan follow her lead and rush along to flank her.

"You fools! Come back!" Duncan doesn't hesitate and attempts to catch up to her.

Waynan

Adventurer
Tam cannot believe that a simple reconnoitre, even if brash, would turn out so horribly. His emotions felt the whole horror of it all, nearly driving them into shock; however, a crazed fury rose within him against this once noble creature he now considered one of the great terrors of the world --- evil and unredeemable. His heart cursed the sphinx and all his kind.
As all this was going through his head and emotions, Tam took advantage of Thallok's distraction, pulling out a vial of Gt. Black Widow poison, pulling his sword from his scabbard, he pours the entire content of the vial over the whole of his blade. Letting the vial drop to the sand, Tam and Damaara charge forward toward its left leg, blade up, ready to strike.

INIT: 23 (18+5)

Last edited:

Remove ads