The New Dungeons & Dragons Storyline for 2019 Leaked Ahead of Live Stream - Page 2
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKP View Post
    https://comicbook.com/2019/05/17/dun...pCIsuc2O2LUSBE

Ummmm, this article mentions a Rick and Morty Starter set... Did NOT see that one coming.
    Wonder if it comes with Bone Hill?
    Laugh Ralif Redhammer laughed with this post

Quote Originally Posted by jgsugden View Post
    So is the city of Badur's Gate headed into Avernus? That is one way to restore Waterdeep as the biggest city along that Sword Coast.
    Chris Perkins suggested that Asmodeus tries to suck mortal cities into Avernus for Blood War purposes. This would tie into that if so, and would be suitably epic.
    XP Ralif Redhammer, MechaTarrasque, Ash Mantle, Nadan gave XP for this post

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Looks like the Comicbook.com article has been edited. The info about Descent into Avernus and the Rick and Morty starter set is all gone. Now it's just about the chibi monster figures and Ghosts of Saltmarsh. Wonder what happened there...

Quote Originally Posted by Abstruse View Post
    Looks like the Comicbook.com article has been edited. The info about Descent into Avernus and the Rick and Morty starter set is all gone. Now it's just about the chibi monster figures and Ghosts of Saltmarsh. Wonder what happened there...
    They have the info already, and somebody was sloppy with the time stamp for pushing the article.
    XP Prakriti gave XP for this post

Frazzled
    Dracolich (Lvl 29)

Quote Originally Posted by Parmandur View Post
    They have the info already, and somebody was sloppy with the time stamp for pushing the article.
    Yup. I guess they were under an embargo.
    XP Parmandur gave XP for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
    Yup. I guess they were under an embargo.
    They kept the date embargo, but likely somebody missed the "after 5 PM" or whatever part of the memo.

Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)

That would be a seriously crazy set-up. I'm super-excited at the prospect of seeing more of the Nine Hells detailed out for 5e and some extraplanar travelling.

As for the leaked Rick & Morty-themed D&D starter set, I'm a little perplexed. That seems like it's coming too close on the heels of the Stranger Things starter set, to the point that it might be hard to get people excited about buying a third one.

Quote Originally Posted by Parmandur View Post
    Chris Perkins suggested that Asmodeus tries to suck mortal cities into Avernus for Blood War purposes. This would tie into that if so, and would be suitably epic.
    XP Parmandur gave XP for this post

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Quote Originally Posted by Ralif Redhammer View Post
    As for the leaked Rick & Morty-themed D&D starter set, I'm a little perplexed. That seems like it's coming too close on the heels of the Stranger Things starter set, to the point that it might be hard to get people excited about buying a third one.
    These are targeted more at mainstream audiences than existing fans. The sort of people who saw D&D on Stranger Things or Rick and Morty or whatever other shows they may license with (I would've thought Big Bang Theory but that just ended its run) and are curious about it and hey, here's a version based on the thing I'm already a fan of on the shelves of Insert-Big-Box-Store-Name-Here.
    XP Parmandur, Ralif Redhammer gave XP for this post

Lama (Lvl 13)

It kind of depends on how they view the purpose of these Start Sets. Are they for us, the folks who buy D&D stuff, or are they for fans of the brand they're tying in with and any sales to us are incidental?

I suspect the latter. It's like the bazillion themed Monopoly sets that they put out - is "Game of Thrones" Monopoly for fans of Game of Thrones or for Monopoly collectors? I'm pretty sure it's the former, and the sales they get from Monopoly collectors are gravy. I would assume it's the same for these kinds of sets.

(As an aside - I just discovered while looking for a suitably crazy Monopoly example that Warhammer 40K Monopoly exists. I can't decide if that's amazing, stupid, amazingly stupid or stupidly amazing...)
    XP Parmandur, Prakriti, hbarsquared gave XP for this post
    Laugh Ralif Redhammer, Azzy, Satyrn laughed with this post

That would be a seriously crazy set-up. I'm super-excited at the prospect of seeing more of the Nine Hells detailed out for 5e and some extraplanar travelling.

I doubt WotC expects many folks to buy multiple intro products.
    XP Jer gave XP for this post