Scheduling Thread for IRON DM 2014

Imhotepthewise

Explorer
Thank you for the opportunity to compete. I really liked the ingredients. The opportunity to complete against Wicht was great. Great Game Wicht! My entry reflects my gaming style, which is driven by the Gygax paraphrase "Don't let the rules interfere with the fun of the game" and the Piratecat "say yes instead of no". One thing is proven true, in that interesting NPCs make the most memorable adventures, and Wicht's were better than mine. I look forward to the next Iron DM!

Wicht

Hero
Thank you for the opportunity to compete. I really liked the ingredients. The opportunity to complete against Wicht was great. Great Game Wicht! My entry reflects my gaming style, which is driven by the Gygax paraphrase "Don't let the rules interfere with the fun of the game" and the Piratecat "say yes instead of no". One thing is proven true, in that interesting NPCs make the most memorable adventures, and Wicht's were better than mine. I look forward to the next Iron DM!

I enjoyed those ingredients as well and they certainly lent themselves to a slightly less serious style of adventure. Thanks for the competition. :)

Rune

Once A Fool

Cool. Glad toy had fun with them! If it makes you feel better, I always had trouble competing against Wicht's NPC characterization, too. It was one thing that he was just flat-out better at than me.

(Also, all of our commentary in this thread will quickly get lost amidst the scheduling--and vise versa--so everyone is encouraged to take non-scheduling IRON DM discussion over to the other thread.)

Last edited:

Radiating Gnome

Adventurer
No, sorry, it's way too late for me in that case. When it would start I would go to sleep, and I have some stuff to do tomorrow. It would've worked better if it was started two hours ago (of this post).

Drat.

Well, I have one contestant willing to jump into the fray today. Anyone else for today?

How about a Sunday AM start?

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
This weekend turned out to be tough for me (my wife and I share a computer... and a newborn, and she's having to do work from home). Anytime Monday or later works for me. I'd strongly prefer an a.m. start time.

Remove ads