zelandia - the homebrew setting based off New Zealand . Part 1

Zardnaar

Legend
Wapiti (red deer), and Tar (mountain goat), also totem houses (Marae) and their lore keepers (Whakapapa = tribal history)

Hello from the south island ;)

They ate introduced. Personally I would go Polynesia and lost world New Zealand perhaps replacing humans all together.

If humans exist they could be limited to the coasts if say Kea are Lord's of the Alpine area and Kakapo and Kiwi are the elf replacements for the forests.

Yeah replacing them all together is something I have considered and is worth implementing. Or humans and other common races (elves, half-lings etc) would be in the main cities/ports as new explorers and merchants, but would be very rare sights?.

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
Yeah replacing them all together is something I have considered and is worth implementing. Or humans and other common races (elves, half-lings etc) would be in the main cities/ports as new explorers and merchants, but would be very rare sights?.

What you could do is reversed Darksun. Elves, Humans, Dwarves, Halflings exist as the common races but ocean world instead of desert. Metal can still be rare (NZ has some mining is really the problem).

The Humans are either polynesian or +1 other displaced group, Elves in my settings are naval traders anyway, Dwarves could be in the volcanic areas. Or put them in offshore islands perhaps restricting them to Stewart Island. On this world they need protection.

Part 2 should be out in the next few days. So keep an eye on the blog or on here to see the next part :D . Thanks for all your guys feedback and keep posting if you have anymore good ideas

Remove ads