Campaign Guide: Bard's Gate PbP Game! (Game Cancelled)

Chuckfar

First Post
[MENTION=6801450]Trogdor1992[/MENTION] and @Knightfall

Okay thank you for the knowledge, it'll help a bunch, I'm thinking a slave from Talangran who has killed his master(which is where his belongings and wealth would have came from) and has been fleeing long enough to end up in the area of Bard's Gate

[SBLOCK]I too come from the area near Talangran. If you would like we could be traveling together and working to survive. I am a gray elf rogue, who is trying to gain experience so that I can avenge my True loves murder from the "Order of the Lethal Return" guild.[/SBLOCK]

Trogdor1992

First Post
[MENTION=6801450]Trogdor1992[/MENTION] and @Knightfall

[SBLOCK]I too come from the area near Talangran. If you would like we could be traveling together and working to survive. I am a gray elf rogue, who is trying to gain experience so that I can avenge my True loves murder from the "Order of the Lethal Return" guild.[/SBLOCK]
That sounds good to me

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Character sheet for Caldrin and backstory.

[MENTION=2012]Knightfall[/MENTION] I do not know any languages. Elven, tiefling? Dwarven? sylvan?
Automatic Languages: Elven and one other regional language.

The most common language of the Bard's Gate region is called 'Bravatin." There is also a standard trade language called "Pirej-Mel." The aristocratic language of Talangrán is called "Tal." (It is rarely spoken by commoners or slaves.) There is also a regional language spoken by the tribes of Sogukol (to the east) called "Dagira." The citizens of Torassia to the north speak their own language, called "Torassian."

Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan.

With an Intelligence of 18, your PC has 4 additional languages that can be chosen from the bonus languages. If you choose a different language than Bravatin for your bonus regional language, you can take it as a bonus language.

EDIT: Read your backstory for Cal. I like that he's been up and down the coast of The Northwest.

You can add "Novarese" to the possible regional languages he can choose from. Parma is a major city of Novarum. As well, "Bluffspeak" is the standard language of the city of Bluffside and the lands surrounding it.

Last edited:

Trogdor1992

First Post
Here is my backstory:
They came in the night. It all happened so fast, the slavers captured me and all of my tribe. The great Tribe of the Ram bested by mere slavers. As the ruler of my tribe I feel great sorrow. I have failed them, all of them. The responsibility is mine to right this great wrong and return my tribe to it's former glory. I have killed my vile master and escaped this dark place, but I cannot doom my tribe to forever live in slavery. I vow to come back to this foul place with as many allies as I can muster and destroy these wretched slavers to restore the Tribe of the Ram to our former glory, but for now I must survive long enough to recruit powerful allies for this great task. I have made one such ally, Caldrin, who has assured me we may find more such allies in what he calls the City of Bards.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Here is my backstory:
They came in the night. It all happened so fast, the slavers captured me and all of my tribe. The great Tribe of the Ram bested by mere slavers. As the ruler of my tribe I feel great sorrow. I have failed them, all of them. The responsibility is mine to right this great wrong and return my tribe to it's former glory. I have killed my vile master and escaped this dark place, but I cannot doom my tribe to forever live in slavery. I vow to come back to this foul place with as many allies as I can muster and destroy these wretched slavers to restore the Tribe of the Ram to our former glory, but for now I must survive long enough to recruit powerful allies for this great task. I have made one such ally, Caldrin, who has assured me we may find more such allies in what he calls the City of Bards.
A good place for his tribe would be the lands just north of Talangran on the other side of the Endwald Mountains. That land is known as Waldheim, a forested Germanic land. While parts of it have become more civilized, there would be plenty of room for tribes as well. Slavers could also have taken slaves from the western half of Fal's Forest. Most of the forest exists in a land called Falia, but not all of it. Farther north beyond Waldheim and mountain valley of Gadirath is the land known as Aexigoth. It is known for its tough barbarian tribes in the eastern half of the Rasend Timberland.

Talangran slavers tend to get around and the kingdom's slave ships have been spotted as far away as the Varv-Aran Sea in the Center Lands and the Great Gulf of the Dark Continent. They are less common in the wide waters of The Far Sea since pirates like to free slaves and take Talangran's ships.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Replying to this here since it more of a campaign concept:

I'm thinking my tribe was from Aexigoth, as I imagine a tribe of Tiefling Barbarians would be pretty tough
AEXIGOTH
The isolated lands of Aexigoth are some of the oldest in the "Germanic" tradition on Kanpur. The region is based off the idea of combining the tale of the Gothiscandza with the historical facts of the Wielbark culture. This culture is centered around the semi-civilized lands that pay homage to the city known as Balvar (a wild place compared to Bard`s Gate). These lands are more to the west and south while the wild heartland of Aexigoth are the eastern and northern parts of the deep pine-forests of the Rasend Timberland. Outsiders can barely tell the difference between the settled barbarians and their wild cousins.

The true barbarians of Aexigoth often raid beyond the Wigoth Mountains in the summer. Their long-oared ships pass through the straight between the mountains and the island of Hjemland to the north. Sumtal is one of many ports where Aexigoths sail from to raid the island of Gwyrdhyn and the lands of the Ishamark Sea. Aexigoths also travel overland to raid Kotimma. They rarely venture beyond the desert known as Szulolia.

Remove ads