Realmsian Dragonstar: The Battle of Toril PbP Game [OOC] (Game Cancelled)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Soumral or Silhouette can take the comm unit after Emiko sets it up to tap into their common frequency and explain how to use it. The flashlight as well.

Yin Hun and Emiko can hold onto the rest.
I assumed that Yin Hun would use the suit of casual stationwear, since it's a type of light armor and he lost his armor during the fight with the High Artificer. It only gives +1 EAC and +2 KAC but's that better than nothing.

Was there anything on or in the escape pod to identify which ship it came from, or any traces of its occupant (dead or otherwise)?
Yin Hun's untrained Culture check > 1d20+4=12
Engineering check > 1d20+14=34 Natural 20! 34 becomes 44.

There are markings on the pod, but Yin Hun cannot identify them. It could be Imperial in design, but the pod exterior is so badly damaged (and burnt) that most of its 'ship' markings have been ruined. There is a dead body in the pod. The small-sized occupant likely died on impact. The body is completely charred. If you want to determine race and gender, Yin Hun must make a Medicine check (DC 20).

Now, the Engineering check is not only to assess the pod's stability but also for identifying the technology of the pod. The pod is a total wreck. It is unstable and will never fly again. Fixing it is well beyond Yin Hun's ability in his current situation but he can salvage some of its systems (see below).

Yin Hun can tell that the pod is quite advanced and is beyond what any Outlands world would have in this part of the galaxy (it possibly has biotech origins). Even the Regency of Bluefall in the Aegis System doesn't have this sort of technology for such a small ship. (In game terms, it is a Tier 15 Small Transport with an odd power core similar to a Pulse Blue core, T14 thrusters, Mk 4 armor, a Mk10 duonode computer, Mk4 defenses, a Signal Ultra drift engine, a Smuggler Compartment, a Biometic Locks system, Advanced Medium-range Sensors, and Basic Shields 40. The pod has no weaponry.)

Yin Hun can salvage 1d4+1=5 of these components with a successful Engineering check (DC 30) for each component attempted (your choices). Each success results in a +2 circumstance bonus while each failure results in a -2 circumstance penalty, for each additional roll attempted. Each failure also reduces the number of components he can successfully salvage. So, if he fails his first roll, there is only three rolls left not four and if he fails the second roll, there would be only two rolls left. If Yin Hun fails three rolls in a row, the pod bursts into flames and he takes 2d10 fire damage. :p

To open the Smuggler Compartment requires an Engineering check (DC 25), if it isn't removed first. The check drops to DC 15 if Yin Hun manages to salvage the compartment from the pod. On a failed check, the contents are ruined.

KainG

Explorer
I assumed that Yin Hun would use the suit of casual stationwear, since it's a type of light armor and he lost his armor during the fight with the High Artificer. It only gives +1 EAC and +2 KAC but's that better than nothing.

Oh right, duh. I somehow missed that. Yin Hun will put that on.

Checks:
Examining the body:
Medicine: [1d20+12] = 16+12 = 28

Opening the Smuggler Compartment:
Engineering: [1d20+14] = 12+14 = 26

Attempting to salvage the odd Pulse Blue core:
Engineering: [1d20+14] = 17+14 = 31

Attempting to salvage the Mk10 duonode computer with +2 circumstance bonus:
Engineering: [1d20+16] = 2+16 = 18

Attempting to salvage the Signal Ultra drift engine:
Engineering: [1d20+14] = 18+14 = 32

Attempting to salvage Basic Shields 40 with +2 circumstance bonus:
Engineering: [1d20+16] = 14+16 = 30

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Found this map of Candlekeep online.

Attachments

• Candlekeep.jpg
    Candlekeep.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 210

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Oh right, duh. I somehow missed that. Yin Hun will put that on.

Checks:
Examining the body:
Medicine: [1d20+12] = 16+12 = 28
The dead alien is a female fraal (also sometimes referred to as a gray), although gender isn't always an exact science with the fraal. Yin Hun knows that their are fraal living in the empire but that their race prefers to live in out-of-the-way places, and their scientists don't like to share their discoveries with the empire. Their ships are highly bioengineered, although it sometimes hard to tell just by looking at a fraal item. The fraal are known to be psionic and they have a embassy on Bluefall.

Fraal are great geneticists, and they are always looking for new worlds to explore in search of new species and biodiversity. Fraal tend towards being neutral in conflicts.

KainG said:
Opening the Smuggler Compartment:
Engineering: [1d20+14] = 12+14 = 26
Here are the contents: LFD pulse gauntlet; LFD sonic pistol; 2 high-capacity batteries; an unused high-density datajack (sealed in a small plastic case); an extensive manual on Biotech implantation written in both Fraal and Universal (aka Imperial Common); a tier 5 computer (no installed OS, miniaturized to bulk 1); a holoskin; ring of whispers; small case containing four serums of scientist; industrial backpack; mass produced tent; a belt with two each of the standard medicinals (analgesic, antitoxin, and sedative); field rations (two packages); getaway boots (PF, but considered psionic), and a single dose of transdimensional pesh.

KainG said:
Attempting to salvage the odd Pulse Blue core:
Engineering: [1d20+14] = 17+14 = 31

Attempting to salvage the Mk10 duonode computer with +2 circumstance bonus:
Engineering: [1d20+16] = 2+16 = 18

Attempting to salvage the Signal Ultra drift engine:
Engineering: [1d20+14] = 18+14 = 32

Attempting to salvage Basic Shields 40 with +2 circumstance bonus:
Engineering: [1d20+16] = 14+16 = 30
Three out of four is pretty good. :D

So, what this means is that the group has three wagons with them when they arrive at Candlekeep. Carrying the componets would be really hard otherwise.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
[MENTION=10894]KainG[/MENTION], I'm just checking in with you to see how the conversion of Emiko is going. Also, do you want to post a reply to my latest post before I post again? If not, I'll likely get something up today or tomorrow. :D

Remove ads