D&D 5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Dessarin Valley
Afternoon
Round 0

As the others crept around the camp, Errol kept an eye on the single orc on guard duty in case he noticed anything, training his crossbow at the sentry.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: None
Action:
Bonus Action:
Action Surge:
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Free Object Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 3
AC: 16
HP: 36+6 thp/36 HD: 4/4d10
Superiority Dice: (3/4/R @ d8 DC 14) (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 34
Arrows used: 0
Bolts: 14
Bolts Used:
Action Surge (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+4)
Inspiring Leader (1/R 6)*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
27 gp (Held by Errol)
200 cp (Held by Errol)
Set of Keys (Held by Illvelious) - one key opens the doors to the guard room beneath the Earth Monastary, +3 more keys
Small figurine of a one-eyed orc (Gruumsh)(Held by Illvelious)
Ring of Fire Resistance (Held by Errol)
Silver ruby ring (600 gp)(Held by Errol)
Reszor, magical rapier - Rapier (uncommon), requires attunement (Held by Errol)
Reszor was commissioned by a soldier turned assassin to enhance his ability to kill without being detected. It has a star motif etched into the blade and the handle is of blue leather. Dried blood clings to the blade and cannot be cleaned off. The weapon counts as magical and when you make an attack against on opponent while hidden the attack will make no noise. Additionally, when you make an attack with this weapon and get to use bonus damage dice, such as superiority dice or sneak attack dice, roll an additional die and discard the lowest. When you say the command word "Reszor" the blade will glow with dim light out to a 5ft radius, saying the command word again will turn the light off. Finally there is a mild curse on the blade that drives the wielder to kill. After rendering an opponent incapacitated or unconscious make a DC7 WIS saving throw to stop yourself from killing the creature.
[/sblock]

Yavathol

Explorer
"No point trying to sneak past the guard, let's cut it!"

Ilvellios listens carefully at the tent as he pulls out a dagger..

OOC:
[roll0]

TallIan

Explorer
You don't hear anything from inside the tent. Carefully sliding the knife down the cloth you make a hole big enough to look through. Inside you see one huge chest, large enough to fit a few people in, as well as a smaller one and what appears to be two tables, one bigger than usual and the other one even bigger than that. A pile of furs 205 feet long runs along the length of the tent, with a single goblin asleep at one end.

Yavathol

Explorer

The elf pulled away from the cut,
"Damn, no prisoners," Ilvellios whispered,
"Where else looks likely?"

He looked around cautiously, checking for guard patrols while they decided on their next step.

OOC:
I didn't see how much damage I took from the barbed fence, so rolling it here. Believe I still have some temporary hit points from Errol anyway..
[roll0]

[sblock]Ilvellios hp 39/39 thp 6-fence damage
Str +0(+2 Saves), Dex +4(+6 Saves), Con +1, Int +0, Wis +2, Cha -1
Acrobatics +6, Survival +5, Stealth +6, Insight +5, Perception +5
AC 17
Inspiration yes
Ki: 1/4
HD: 2/4
Quarterstaff +6, 1d8+4
Unarmed/Radiant Bolt +6, 1d4+4

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...otA-Campiagn&p=6897912&viewfull=1#post6897912
[/sblock]

Thateous

Explorer
"We could check a few more tents, but it looks like we missed the bulk of the force. I doubt they'd leave the prisoners unguarded so, my coin is on the guarded one."

TallIan

Explorer
GM:
What's the distance from Duran and the party I had a idea!
I had to go back and check (post 1549) - then realised my measurements for the camp are a bit off. The large tent in the center is oval roughly 100 x250 ft; the fence is about 40 yards from the tent and Duran is waited about 50 yards outside the fence at the edge of the depression hiding the camp.

The other guarded location you noticed was the cages in the south west area. If you make any big moves around the camp you'll need to make stealth checks.

Last edited:

TallIan

Explorer
GM:
OOC: would it be possible to move within 30ft if either the party or the wolf guard, without a stealth check?

It took some time for the party to cover the distance to the fence stealthily as there is mostly just grass to hide in. Assuming Duran wants to stay outside the fence, you can't get within 30ft of them.

Duran can get within 30ft of the wolf guard, we'll say most of this movement was done while the rest of the party was sneaking to the fence.

Remove ads