(OOC) Fitz's Folly (ToA PBP)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Ideally, we would have a volunteer for dellrak but I don't know if that is reasonable or wise (what if earlybird comes back?).

The new PCs won't have the "blind" creation of the party either.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
So the vote's on me running Dellrak as an NPC? If so, he will wind up toned-down in his abilities (I don't really want to run a whole PC as an NPC - I'd make a quick Monster-Stat block that will represent him superficially.) I can do that if that's what everyone wants, but my workload has been a little high as it is. (Not that having more players would make THAT any easier.)

I'm okay with this plan, and EB can jump back in if/when he returns. We can reassess at some later point. I guess I just wanted to know because it will be easy to introduce new PCs soon and to leave Dellrak behind if that's what we want (though want is too strong) to do. After that, I dunno how easy it will be.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Honestly, Fitz, IMO the choice is yours. I want you to be excited about the game, since that is the biggest factor in long-term success. I know I derailed some things, and for that I'm sorry (again). If it helps you, then feel free to look for more players. If you want to make it work, it is clear that this group of players is capable of working together.

KS

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
What are these people doing in the jungle? "Let's go build a terrible fort so we can be attacked and fall sick"

Seems like a poor plan... what is the objective?

This is both the player and character (not criticizing the gm, people do stupid stuff all the time... definitely criticizing the NPCs though!)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
They are doing the direct but pointless version of a similar job to the one you're doing - they are trying to deal with the undead menace in Chult. I imagine them like Crusaders mixed with Conquistadors (though probably not quite as, frankly, Evil, as those people were IRL.) They may think their cause is just and righteous, but it's not accomplishing much. (Also, the people doing the job are probably not the same people as the ones who decided it needed to be done. This happens ALL the time IRL.)

I can imagine some idiot in Waterdeep (or wherever) declaring, "I hear there are undead in Chult! Undead offends me/my god! Send an army to deal with it!"

Remove ads