Where to find a nerdy girl?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Have you tried an hypnodisk? That, or roofies, usually do the trick.

Thank you for making women reading the thread uncomfortable.

Yes, yes, I know, you'll say you were, "only making a joke." It was a joke about date rape. Lots of women are victims, and lots of others fear becoming victims. Joking about it like that makes light of them being hurt.

So, if you want to say such things in private, that's your business. But remember this is a public forum, and you are talking to *anyone* who might be reading.

Thanks for your consideration.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
For the record, this is not 'getting into trouble'. A mod making a post in thread is just a statement.

It wasn't talking about sex that was the issue (though, we are supposed to be family-friendly) - you were talking about sexual assault. That's not much to do with good, pleasurable, healthy sex.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
Not exactly. He wasn't talking about it, he was joking about it. Humor is quite different than most other forms of communication. It should get a pass on topics that don't typically get a pass otherwise. That's not how it works but, well, that doesn't mean it's not how it should work.

Anyhoo, my point here is that he didn't advocate date rape, he didn't say it was cool, he didn't say it was ok - he simply made a joke about it and nothing more. When we look at jokes and apply the same criteria that we do to normal statements we're missing the intent completely. That's unfair to the person who made the joke. Intent really is key.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

Okay, I made an exception, but note - in general we don't discuss moderation in-thread. I made a comment to help folks understand, but that does not mean it is open for debate.

Simply put - the point isn't that he said it was okay. The point is that making a joke about it dismisses the gravity the subject can have for people who have been victims. It says, "the violence you experienced is something we should laugh about". Such may be appropriate for a comedy show (where jokes may be expected). It may be appropriate among your personal friends. EN World is neither.

The matter is now closed. Please move along.

Dwimmerlied

First Post
I actually feel for the OP. I reckon that there's a difference between finding a "nerdy" girl and nerdifying one; the qualities or mindset that the naturally nerdy girl has, that she has something she's deeply interested in for its own sake which is something you (plural) can connect with very strongly. And being deeply interested in some sort of geekdom, that something will often reflect personality traits such as dreamy-ness or at least with an imagination she's happy to indulge in. That's actually hot! Not to say that a nerdificatability (definitely a word) in a partner isn't a very sweet thing, its actually pretty awesome, and one sign that your partner is deeply interested in you (plural). But its a difference!...This kind of pickiness IS valid, tho many people decry it a lot; you just gotta be ready to accept loneliness until you can get that (if ever), and that's a steep price; I have friends in this predicament with a real chance of being lonely forever because of it. Most other people aren't willing to pay such a high price for their (morals? affirmations?); and indeed, opening up your eyes to other possibilities may net you other qualities you never knew could be so awesome because they weren't on your list. God; I should be writing in a Soap Mag.....

Last edited:

Richards

Legend
Someone earlier suggested just building yourself a nerdy girl. Once again, Jack Kirby has got your back, courtesy of the pages of the comic book OMAC:

build-a-friend.PNG

Johnathan

Last edited:

Remove ads