Trapdoor Tech's Official Pathfinder Mobile Application

Trapdoor Technologies and Paizo have announced that the former will be producing an official licensed Pathfinder RPG mobile app. The company already produces Playbook for PRC, which is an open-gaming-content version, but this will allow more content and artwork, along with a catalogue of official Pathfinder adventures. It'll be coming to mobile devices this summer. Trapdoor technologies is the company which was originally producing DungeonScape, the official D&D 5E app, before that project was cancelled.

Trapdoor Technologies and Paizo have announced that the former will be producing an official licensed Pathfinder RPG mobile app. The company already produces Playbook for PRC, which is an open-gaming-content version, but this will allow more content and artwork, along with a catalogue of official Pathfinder adventures. It'll be coming to mobile devices this summer. Trapdoor technologies is the company which was originally producing DungeonScape, the official D&D 5E app, before that project was cancelled.
5482f1f9ba1a5_full.jpg

[h=4]Press Release[/h]
Trapdoor Partners with Paizo, Inc. to Create Comprehensive Pathfinder RPG Companion App for Players and Game Masters to Streamline Gameplay Like Never Before

BOULDER, COLORADO (April 11, 2016): Trapdoor Technologies proudly announces a partnership with Paizo, Inc. to produce Playbook for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, an app that integrates all of the components of running the popular RPG into a single application for iPad.

"Playbook will allow players to roll up and manage characters, while Game Masters can purchase and prep adventures and campaigns in the award-winning world of Pathfinder,” says Chris Matney, Managing Director at Trapdoor. “With quick rules lookup, information sharing, stat tracking and more, this is the app roleplaying gamers have been waiting for.”

Trapdoor released a preliminary version of the Pathfinder RPG Playbook developed independently of Paizo, however the full licensed version of Playbook for Pathfinder will include the games’s complete rule set, artwork, connection with Pathfinder Society Organized Play events, and the extensive library of Pathfinder adventures. Playbook for Pathfinder is slated for release Second Quarter 2016, with additional adventures released throughout the year.

"We are excited to have Trapdoor join the Paizo family, and we think Playbook for Pathfinder has great potential to improve the game prep and play experience. Streamlining bookkeeping and simplifying rules lookup during play will help gamers get the most out of their time at the table," said Lisa Stevens, CEO at Paizo.

Cody C. Lewis

First Post
Ok... I just want to say a few months back I got absolutely CRUSHED on the forums for suggesting that apps were the future of how digital copies of sourcebooks were released, instead of pdfs. For a plethora of reasons, that I won't go over again.

This is only the first teensy tiny baby step of what I believe is going to be the medium to deliver new books, digitally, in the future.

Man, did I get crushed & ganged up on.

Is it too childish to say "I told you so"?

Because... I told you so. lol

Hollow Man

Explorer
Ok... I just want to say a few months back I got absolutely CRUSHED on the forums for suggesting that apps were the future of how digital copies of sourcebooks were released, instead of pdfs. For a plethora of reasons, that I won't go over again.

This is only the first teensy tiny baby step of what I believe is going to be the medium to deliver new books, digitally, in the future.

Man, did I get crushed & ganged up on.

Is it too childish to say "I told you so"?

Because... I told you so. lol

Well, to be fair, this isn't really a new idea for Trapdoor, since this was how WotC was going to release digital copies of their books...via DungeonScape.

-HM

Hollow Man

Explorer
Why not, but how much will it cost, and what's the point since I already have Hero Lab ?

Well I'm sure Trapdoor will go on about how it's not the same type of program as Herolab...how this is designed to be a game aid at the table, eliminating the need to pick up a rulebook.

-HM

TheSwartz

Explorer
Well, to be fair, this isn't really a new idea for Trapdoor, since this was how WotC was going to release digital copies of their books...via DungeonScape.

-HM

Ya, I wonder where DungeonScape or Codename Morningstar or whatever it's current title is at now? Is there still a place for something like what they had in mind after the DM's Guild?

Hollow Man

Explorer
Ya, I wonder where DungeonScape or Codename Morningstar or whatever it's current title is at now? Is there still a place for something like what they had in mind after the DM's Guild?

Well, DungeonScape is now dead. It became Playbook, and now this thing with Paizo.

WotC still hasn't announced any digital tools. Probably taking their time after the DungeonScape fiasco. There's still room for something, since the DM's Guild doesn't fill the niche that DungeonScape would have (digital versions of the rulebooks, character builder, plus campaign manager).

-HM

Remove ads

Remove ads