AL Thor in Dwarf form. Help please!

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
I forgot about Warcaster helping with concentration spells. That might move it up in priority if you find yourself failing concentration a lot.

ccs

41st lv DM
No assumptions I can tell you all 4 adventure/ campaigns that reward with a dwarven thrower and there are near a dozen with the peripht of wound closure...

Aren't you still assuming you'll get these things? Or is there some mechanism in AL where every party member receives the reward they want (even if multiple of you want the same thing)?

Nutation

Explorer
Aren't you still assuming you'll get these things? Or is there some mechanism in AL where every party member receives the reward they want (even if multiple of you want the same thing)?

Yes, that is new this season. No one walks away from an adventure with a magic item (a major immersion gripe). Instead, everyone earns "Treasure Points", and everyone unlocks the right to purchase (with TP) the items found in the adventure.

A few adventures unlock the dwarven thrower, but you have to be lucky or else be naughty and go seek out spoilers. Without knowing the specifics, I would say play the specials and dwarf-themed scenarios. Or, DM some games after getting familiar with AL culture. DMs also unlock items from the scenarios they run, and they may also earn some more generic rewards ("unlock one item from Table G").

Nutation

Explorer
Rounding out odd stat's would probably be my first goal.

I'd worry about Dwarven fortitude a little later as when you pick up the periapt. (aside: what is your bonus action strategy for when you use your action to Dodge?) I'd also put off warcaster as you can hold a shield and cast spells and cantrips with your other hand (holidng an arcan focus or component bag) just fine, drawing a weapon for attacks and Booming Blade.

Shieldmaster is useful at any level, though I'm not sure I'd put it above ASIs.

So if it were me getting Cha to 16 is a first, and getting it to 18 second would probably be my second priority. the others depend on whats happening in game. If I have the periapt, DF, if I have the Thrower Warcaster, if neither Shield Master.

Mostly agree, including the later amendment, [MENTION=6802553]BookBarbarian[/MENTION]. Attributes, Warcaster, Shield Master, then whatever. You have plenty of opportunity to learn as you go, [MENTION=6982755]bkcrosson[/MENTION], so don't overthink it.

bkcrosson

First Post

Here is the excel spreadsheet that shows all the rewards: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Vpf6-CnAkGRbA-FMIiNaZXpvg/edit#gid=1684901685

These are the specific campaigns: DMG 167 H70 PotA 119 DDEP4 (Skyfist)

Also if I DM them I have access to the items given, provided I have the treasure points.

Remove ads