[LPF] Kaedyn's Quest

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, rangerish human ninja

Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

"What do you say, Princess? Up for more sweet talking?" Ru whispers to Damaris as he lets his pack fall to the ground with a practiced shrug. He takes Lai Tai's lead and slips into the forest growth across the path from him.

"Now, gents, there's really no need to get all prickly, is there? We'll just be getting blood all over the pretty scenery, and who wants that?"

[sblock=ooc]Just a heads up, PM: after his level up, Ru has 39 HP. Looks like your party status block is from his level 3

Free: Drop Backpack
Move: to F5

If it's available, I'll throw an Aid Another Diplomacy on to help Damaris try to quell the fight, though I don't know if that's an option:

Diplomacy (Aid Another - Damaris) (1d20+6=15)[/sblock]

UPDATED MAP

[sblock=mini stats]

Ru Brike
AC: 18 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 14)
HP: 39/39

Initiative: +4
Perception: +7 (+8 Traps) Sense Motive: +5
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +3
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)

Wakizashi: +8, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +6/+6, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +7, 1d6
Shuriken: +7, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +2d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Ranger's Focus (1/day)

Conditions: Ioun Torch (in darkness), cover?

In Hand: Wakizashi x2

Ki Pool: 3/3 remaining
Ranger's Focus: 1/1 remaining
Shuriken: 9/10 remaining
CLW Wand charges: 48/50 remaining

Used: 13 days' rations[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
Damaris.jpg

"A Tiefling... this doesn't look good" she whispers to Ru. "Are those... oh goddess, I can't believe it. Gith! Ru, I might need a hand or this will turn ugly very quickly"

Damaris moves ahead into the bushes. "Woah, boys, there's no need to get all violent. I think there might be some misunderstanding here. We are civilized people, aren't we? Can we just talk this one out?"

If Diplomacy doesn't work, Damaris will immediately cast Invisibility on herself.

[sblock=Actions]Damaris Move to E6

Diplomacy to difuse the situation. Diplomacy (+1 charming trait) (1d20+9=22) (23 for males + 2 aid another?)

Knowledge Planes (1d20+7=25)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]

Damaris - Bard lvl 4
HP 34/34 (27+7 FL)
Init +4
AC 16 | Touch 13 | FF 13
CMB+5 | CMD 19
Saves: F+2 | R+9 | W+4

Perception +6 | Sense Motive -1/9* (Versatile Performance) | Bluff 2/9* (Ver.Per) (+1 vs Males)
Diplomacy +9 (+1 vs males)

Masterwork Shortbow +8 (1d6)
Longsword +5 (1d8+3) (Two-handed)
Sling +7 (1d4+2)

Bardic Performance: 12/12 day

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound, Jolt, Mending, Mage Hand
Spells: Lvl1 Grease, Sleep, Timely Inspiration, Silent Image 4/day. lvl2 Invisibility, Pyrotechnics 2/day
Spell-like ability: Message 1/day.

Combat Feats: Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Arcane Strike

Consumables: Acid Flask(2/2), Alchemist Fire (2/2), Holy Water (2/2), Oil (2/2), Perfume, Firework Paper Candle (2), Vermin Repellent, Trial Rations (4), Normal Arrows (16).[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
attachment.php

Knowledge (Planes) (1d20+10=24)

Thuvian manages to hide his disgust for the folks in front of him for the most part, but only with great effort. He steps into the edge of the forest, prepared to vanish should things go south, which he fully expects. Nora is less hesitant, as the everyone close to Thuvian can hear a definite hiss of disapproval coming from his backpack.

[sblock=actions]Move to J6
Readied action to cast Vanish[/sblock]

Updated Map (Damaris' move is included)

[sblock=ministats]Thuvian Darklight
AC: 14 (Touch 13, Flatfooted 11)
HP: 27/27 Initiative: +3
Perception : +6 Sense Motive: +1
CMB: +2 CMD: 15
Fort: +2 Reflex: +4 Will: +5
Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Place:

Magic:
CL 5; +9 Concentration (+13 Casting Defensively); SR +5
Extended Illusion (2 round beyond concentration)
1st level Sapphire of Power - unused
+4 to Spellcraft DC to identify spells cast

Darkness 1/1

Cantrips - Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Prestidigitation
1st - Color Spray, Mage Armor, Ray of Enfeeblement, Silent Image, Vanish (readied)
2nd - Acid Arrow x2, Minor Image, Mirror Image
3rd - Fly, Major Image x2[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[Sblock=GM Notes]- Fixed Ru's HP
- Hostilities are started, they moved to attack & you just won initiative. I will resolve the Stone Call.
- Ru and Damaris are using Standard Actions to try and stop hostilities. Those are going to fail.
- I will update the Knowledge Results on the GM update.[/Sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Tyrion_zps086703f6.jpg

Tyrion moves to behind cover of the rock, to hope that the arrows will be deflected by the rock face. He keeps his hammer poised at the ready.
[sblock=Actions]
Double move to Current position.

[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Tyrion Thankirk
AC: 20(Touch 12, Flatfooted 18)
HP: 57/57

Initiative: +2
Perception: +7 Sense Motive: +2
CMB: +9 CMD: 21 Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +6

Conditional Attack mods: Power Attack (-2/+6), Furious Focus (Ignore first PA Penalty), Overhead Chop (+2 to damage rolls w/ 1 attack), Weapon Training (+1/+1 w/ 2handed weapon).

Conditions: Ioun Torch (in darkness) Combat Reflexes (3 Attacks of Opportunity)

In Hand: Hammer of DOOM! +11(+5 +4 +1 +1 -2 +2) 1d12+15 20/x3

Consumables
CLW Wand: 2 charges used.
Enlarge Person Potion
Protection from Evil Potion

[/sblock]

Updated Map

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 13, 16:00 - In the Darkwood ~

As you move into position and start casting spells, the battle was joined. The falling stones severely wound at least half of the Githyanki, but only Tyrion can tell.

Off to Tyrion's left where he heard the noise a humanoid shape was moving closer and then everything goes dim and he can no longer see very well. Then it got even darker.

Past Thuvian to the south, Lai Tai and Thuvian heard another noise of someone tryingt o sneak in the undergrowth and then things grow dim and then dark as Lai Tai is enveloped in unatural darkness.

TeiflingRanger_zps11857038.png
GithWarrior_zpsfdba6a9f.png
GithOracle_zpsed4c5482.png
GithSorcerer_zpsfef6ef86.png

Thuvian can see some of the Githyanki and the Tiefling moving around, but tree trunks and boulders are preventing him from seeing much. Two arrows from the closest warriors missed Tyrion.

OOC: Combat: Round 2
[sblock=Combat Information]Stone call did: 2,11,9,9,8,10,7 respectively
Thuvian Vanished
Tyrion & Lai Tai are the center of darkness spells (2 spells hit them each in succession).
G3, G6 missed Tyrion
T1, G4, G5 double moved
G1 & G2 have unknown actions to you

Initiative:
You guys
The Tiefling & Githyanki & Unknown

Party Status:
Code:
Ru:        39/39 HP remaining;
Damaris:   34/27 HP remaining; False Life
Lai Tai:   30/30 HP remaining;
Thuvian:   27/27 HP remaining;
Nora:      13/13 HP remaining;
Tyrion:    57/57 HP remaining;

Spells Cast: Stone Call (1/4rnds), Vanish(1/5 rnds)
Abilities Used:
  Ru: Ki Pool 0/3; Rngr Foc 0/1
  Damaris: Bard Pef 0/12; Spells 1st 0/4, 2nd 0/2;
  Lai Tai:  Arc Pool: 1/5; Staff Charges 0/10; Spells 1st 0/4, 2nd 1/2; Lev 0/1
  Thuvian: Dark 0/1; Blind Dark 0/7; Spells 1st 0/5, 2nd 0/4, 3rd 0/3
Conditions in effect: False Life(Dam)
Enemy Stats:
Code:
Tiefling 1       (AC19(FF15)/Touch14/CMD19): -2/??hp
Gith Male 1      (AC18(FF14)/Touch14/CMD15): -11/??hp
Gith Female 2    (AC19(FF17)/Touch12/CMD16): -9/??hp
Gith Warrior 3   (AC18(FF16)/Touch12/CMD15): 1/10hp
Gith Warrior 4   (AC18(FF16)/Touch12/CMD15): 2/10hp
Gith Warrior 5   (AC18(FF16)/Touch12/CMD15): 10/10hp, disabled, then healed (you did not see that though)
Gith Warrior 6   (AC18(FF16)/Touch12/CMD15): 3/10hp
Flying Creature (AC??/Touch??/CMD??): ??/??hp
Unknown Foe      (AC??/Touch??/CMD??): ??/??hp

Note: Teiflings have Resist 5 Cold/Electricity/Fire
[/sblock] Updated Map
[sblock=Map Notes]Be careful with the darkness circles. If you move a token from underneath, you have to move the darkness out of teh way, then put it back to center on either Lai Tai or Tyrion.

1. Dark colored vegetation is difficult terrain if more than 50% of Square for medium creatures or smaller & provides 20%(roll 1d100: 1-20 misses) concealment being bushes from ranged attacks, 50% concealment for small creatures or prone medium ones.
2. Trees and Large Boulders provide hard cover and block LOS. Small boulders are like half walls, only cover.
3. Large bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller[/sblock]
[sblock=Knowledge Check Results]Damaris and Thuvian recognized the other pointed-eared outsiders as being Githyanki. They were another typically evil people that possessed some extraordinary abilities and resistances. They had inherent magical affinity to cast a couple of minor spells (Mage Hand & Daze). They were resistant (5) to electricity.

Thuvian also knew they are resistance to spells as well (SR5+HD)[/sblock]
GM: You are all up for Round 2.

Everyone roll free action Perception Checks; any results will be provided in next DM update

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, rangerish human ninja

[sblock=ooc]Ah. K. I misread the situation. I managed to turn "aim" into "draw," in relation to the bows, so I thought they were readying against a group they didn't know, not starting an attack to resolve during the round. My bad.[/sblock]

Ru sighed as the light dimmmed considerably. "Days getting shorter all the time," he whispers to Damaris before slipping past her and toward Tyrion in the dim light.

[sblock=ooc]Double move to E10. I think I counted it out right with the difficult terrain.

Perception (1d20+7=13)[/sblock]

UPDATED MAP

[sblock=mini stats]

Ru Brike
AC: 18 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 14)
HP: 39/39

Perception: +7 (+8 Traps) Sense Motive: +5
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +3
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)

Wakizashi: +8, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +6/+6, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +7, 1d6
Shuriken: +7, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +2d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Ranger's Focus (1/day)

Conditions: 20% concealment vs. ranged (bushes), dim light (ioun torch cannot alleviate, 20% miss chance on Ru's attacks).

In Hand: Wakizashi x2

Ki Pool: 3/3 remaining
Ranger's Focus: 1/1 remaining
Shuriken: 9/10 remaining
CLW Wand charges: 48/50 remaining

Used: 13 days' rations[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
LTL_150.jpg

With the magical darkness falling around him, and undergrowth pulling at his legs, Lai Tai decides to eliminate at least one problem. "Tremendous Spirit Fills the Vessel!" he shouts, his height immediately doubling. In the darkness, he takes an experimental step forward and nods, pleaed with the results.

Updated map

[sblock=OOC]Swift: Arcane Strike (in the unlikely case of AoO)
Full round: Enlarge Person on self
5 ft step (since it's no longer difficult terrain for him, right?)

[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Lai Tai Liu

AC: 17 [15] (15 flat-footed, 12 touch) [-1 Dex, -1 size]
HP: 30/30
CMB: +7 CMD: 19
Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 [+3] Will: +5

Perception: +7

Arcane Pool: 4/5
Staff Charges: 10/10
Cantrips (DC 12): Detect Magic, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
1st Level (DC 13): Chill Touch, Corrosive Touch, Enlarge Person, True Strike
2nd Level (DC 14): Frigid Touch, Stone Call

Current Weapon in Hand: Quarterstaff (+8, 1d8+8)
Current Conditions in Effect: Arcane Pool

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
attachment.php

Thuvian is completely unfazed by the darkness. "Don't waste time on magic attacks on the Gith. Save that for the others," is Thuvian's only response as he fades away from view.
Nora gives another hiss of contempt for the party's obviously foolish foes before going quiet, being smart enough to know not to give away her master's location moving forward. Thuvian's next action is to cast fly, though as usual, he casts it in such a way as to confuse all but the most observant of enemy casters; once cast, he moves to a convenient branch of one of the nearby trees to provide himself cover from both the creatures on the ground as well as protection from the flying creature he presumes is still about should that prove to be necessary. From there, he glances about, getting a better view of the battlefield.

[sblock=actions]Perception (1d20+6=25) (subtract 3, not sure where I got the 6 from)
Cast Fly
Move to K-11 (or one of the squares next to it, landing on a convenient branch up in the tree above the reach of the ground folks with as much protection from ranged attacks as possible)[/sblock]

Updated Map

[sblock=ministats]Thuvian Darklight
AC: 14 (Touch 13, Flatfooted 11)
HP: 27/27 Initiative: +3
Perception : +6 Sense Motive: +1
CMB: +2 CMD: 15
Fort: +2 Reflex: +4 Will: +5
Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Place: Vanish (round 2 of 5), Fly

Magic:
CL 5; +9 Concentration (+13 Casting Defensively); SR +5
Extended Illusion (2 round beyond concentration)
1st level Sapphire of Power - unused
+4 to Spellcraft DC to identify spells cast

Darkness 1/1

Cantrips - Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Prestidigitation
1st - Color Spray, Mage Armor, Ray of Enfeeblement, Silent Image, Vanish (cast)
2nd - Acid Arrow x2, Minor Image, Mirror Image
3rd - Fly (cast), Major Image x2[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=GM Notes]@Sunshadow21; You will need to keep track of elevation in your OOC crunch, and make applicable Fly Skill checks for difficult maneuvers.

Trees: For simplicity, the trunks would be straight until 20 feet elevation (as I did not put any of the small saplings on the map as they count for the difficult terrain). The leave canopy ranges from 50-75ft up. Since the original square would be squeezing, I moved Thuvian to L11
[MENTION=93930]Systole[/MENTION]: 5ft Step in the undergrowth for large creatures is okay. Except last time I checked, Full Round Casting time doesn’t trigger until free action on the following turn. So you have to survive the round before the spell completes. So I put him back to normal size and took away 5ft step for this round.

I included an updated map.[/sblock]

Real Updated Map

Remove ads