[LPF] Kaedyn's Quest

soulnova

Explorer
Damaris.jpg

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me!" Damaris is clearly upset about the darkness. "♫ Good thing you just need to hear my voice! ♪"

Damaris will start to perform to Inspire Courage, and she will stay on her place in the bushes.

jackslate45

First Post
Tyrion_zps086703f6.jpg

Unable to see anything, Tyrion vagley remembered that the path to the south of him was clear. Taking the risk, Tyrion moves south, and once he was able to see again notices that the pointed ear thing that Damaris called a "Gith" was feet from him. Hoping that the monster was going to take his bait, Tyrion steps back a little more before saying "Comon Ugly. Let's Dance."
[sblock=Actions]
Double move to Current position. Again. Since I'm not sure the ruling about standing at the edge of the darkness, and attacking someone outside of it, Tyrion's going to get out of the darkness, and hope that there are no more teiflings...

Another Perception check. 1d20+7=26
[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Tyrion Thankirk
AC: 20(Touch 12, Flatfooted 18)
HP: 57/57

Initiative: +2
Perception: +7 Sense Motive: +2
CMB: +9 CMD: 21 Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +6

Conditional Attack mods: Power Attack (-2/+6), Furious Focus (Ignore first PA Penalty), Overhead Chop (+2 to damage rolls w/ 1 attack), Weapon Training (+1/+1 w/ 2handed weapon).

Conditions: Ioun Torch (in darkness) Combat Reflexes (3 Attacks of Opportunity)

In Hand: Hammer of DOOM! +11(+5 +4 +1 +1 -2 +2) 1d12+15 20/x3

Consumables
CLW Wand: 2 charges used.
Enlarge Person Potion
Protection from Evil Potion

[/sblock]

Updated Map

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]A minor logistical question: are the areas of the spells full darkness (grope and feel to find your way unless you have darkness) or dim light (limited visibility a la dusk)? It was full day when we arrived, so I've been assuming the latter since Darkness takes light down one level, but I may have been misreading the word "darkness" for the spell "Darkness," and this is actually full on inky blindy dark because the pointy ears have cast a more effective nastiness.

Ru doesn't have Spellcraft levels, so he wouldn't know one way or the other. So, I'm not asking about what the spell is, but just to clarify its effect. Thanks much. :)[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 13, 16:00 - In the Darkwood ~

Ru remained in darkness, but Tyrion moved clear from it. He can see one of the tiefling's that was hiding in the undergrowth.

TeiflingRogue_zpsff084696.png

Thuvian has a good view from his perch and sees all four of the tieflings lurking in the brush that tossed the darkness objects at Lai Tai and Tyrion. They are wearing studded leather armor and carrying crossbows as they move in on the nearly blinded ones in the darkness. Their accuracy is uncanny as their surprise attacks are devastating to Ru and Lai Tai.

TeiflingRanger_zps11857038.png
GithWarrior_zpsfdba6a9f.png

The tiefling bowman and two of the Githyanki Warrior focused their attacks on Tyrion. One got him for a minor wound with an arrow and and another drew his greatsword and engaged him in melee. The other two warriors continued moving with bows in hand to get into position.

GithOracle_zpsed4c5482.png
GithSorcerer_zpsfef6ef86.png

The two Githyanki spell casters moved as well. The male conjured an eagle that appear in the air near Tyrion. The female healed the wounded male.

OOC: Combat: Round 3
[sblock=Combat Information]T1 missed Tyrion
T2 hit Lai Tai for 9 dmg
T3 missed Lai Tai
T4 hit Ru for 4 dmg
T5 hit Ru for 10 dmg
G1 cast Summon Monster & double moved
G2 healed G1
G3 hit Tyrion 4 dmg
G4, G5 double moved
G6 missed Tyrion

Initiative:
You guys
The Tiefling & Githyanki & Unknown

Party Status:
Code:
Ru:        25/39 HP remaining; 14 dmg
Damaris:   34/27 HP remaining; False Life
Lai Tai:   21/30 HP remaining; 9 dmg
Thuvian:   27/27 HP remaining;
Nora:      13/13 HP remaining;
Tyrion:    53/57 HP remaining; 4 dmg

Spells Cast: Stone Call (2/4rnds), Vanish(2/5 rnds)
Abilities Used:
  Ru: Ki Pool 0/3; Rngr Foc 0/1
  Damaris: Bard Pef 1/12; Spells 1st 0/4, 2nd 0/2;
  Lai Tai:  Arc Pool: 1/5; Staff Charges 0/10; Spells 1st 1/4, 2nd 1/2; Lev 0/1
  Thuvian: Dark 0/1; Blind Dark 0/7; Spells 1st 0/5, 2nd 0/4, 3rd 1/3
Conditions in effect: False Life(Dam), inspire Courage +1
Enemy Stats:
Code:
Tiefling 1       (AC19/Touch14/CMD19): -2/??hp; healed 9
Gith Male 1      (AC18/Touch14/CMD15): -1/??hp
Gith Female 2    (AC19/Touch12/CMD16): -9/??hp
Gith Warrior 3   (AC18/Touch12/CMD15): 1/10hp
Gith Warrior 4   (AC18/Touch12/CMD15): 2/10hp
Gith Warrior 5   (AC18/Touch12/CMD15): 10/10hp
Gith Warrior 6   (AC18/Touch12/CMD15): 3/10hp
Flying Creature  (AC??/Touch??/CMD??): ??/??hp
Tiefling 2       (AC16/Touch12/CMD13): 8/8hp
Tiefling 3       (AC16/Touch12/CMD13): 8/8hp
Tiefling 4       (AC16/Touch12/CMD13): 8/8hp
Tiefling 5       (AC16/Touch12/CMD13): 8/8hp
Fiendish Eagle   (AC14/Touch13/CMD11): 5/5hp 5ft elevation, Round 1/4 Duration

Note: Tieflings have Resist 5 Cold/Electricity/Fire
[/sblock] Updated Map
[sblock=Map Notes]1. Dark colored vegetation is difficult terrain if more than 50% of Square for medium creatures or smaller & provides 20%(roll 1d100: 1-20 misses) concealment being bushes from ranged attacks, 50% concealment for small creatures or prone medium ones.
2. Trees and Large Boulders provide hard cover and block LOS. Small boulders are like half walls, only cover.
3. Large bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller[/sblock][sblock=Darkness Question]
jkason said:
A minor logistical question: are the areas of the spells full darkness (grope and feel to find your way unless you have darkness) or dim light (limited visibility a la dusk)? It was full day when we arrived, so I've been assuming the latter since Darkness takes light down one level, but I may have been misreading the word "darkness" for the spell "Darkness," and this is actually full on inky blindy dark because the pointy ears have cast a more effective nastiness.
I started with normal light due to the time of day and the canopy of trees. Ru and Lai Tai got hit with Darkness twice in succession to knock them 2 steps down the illumination scale. So effectively you would need to use the rules for being blind until you do something about the darkness. Moving at full speed requires Acrobatics DC10 check, but for Ru that is automatic success so I did not bring it up. [/sblock]

GM: You are all up for Round 3.

Tyrion gets AoO on G6

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, rangerish human ninja

[sblock=Darkness]
I started with normal light due to the time of day and the canopy of trees. Ru and Lai Tai got hit with Darkness twice in succession to knock them 2 steps down the illumination scale. So effectively you would need to use the rules for being blind until you do something about the darkness. Moving at full speed requires Acrobatics DC10 check, but for Ru that is automatic success so I did not bring it up.

The Darkness spell actually explicitly states that it doesn't stack with itself. It's the last line of the description, and I actually only noticed it myself when I looked the other day (I think I actually screwed that up back in Kostry Kopec, but that whole adventure is a muddled haze).

I'll roll the Acro check to move just in case so things don't get bogged down, though (with the -4 Dex for Blinded):

Acro check to move? (1d20+7=27)[/sblock]

"This inky stuff is fixed in place," Ru calls out when the darkness doesn't retreat with the sound of Tyrion crashing through the underbrush. Then he yowls as two arrows find homes in his flesh.

"All right. We're done mucking around in the dark. Someone wants a dance, but doesn't know how to ask nicely. But I can't dance if I'm not lighter on my feet..."

There is the briefest hum in the air around the southerner, who then, indeed, moves through the undergrowth at a much faster clip than before. He retreats to the light, circling the darkness until he catches sight of the tiefling at its edge.

"You wanted to see me?" he says with a wickedly flashed grin.

[sblock=actions]Swift: Ki point to get 20' movement bonus. Move is 50' for this round.
Move: Double move to B13.

I rolled attacks over on IC because I had a brain fart. Ru doesn't have the actions for them, so if you're over there looking, that's what that silliness is about. [/sblock]

UPDATED MAP

[sblock=mini stats]
Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

Ru Brike
AC: 18 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 14)
HP: 25/39

Initiative: +4
Perception: +7 (+8 Traps) Sense Motive: +5
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +3
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)

Wakizashi: +8, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +6/+6, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +7, 1d6
Shuriken: +7, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +2d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Ranger's Focus (1/day)

Conditions: 20% concealment vs. ranged (bushes), inspire courage

In Hand: Wakizashi x2

Ki Pool: 2/3 remaining
Ranger's Focus: 1/1 remaining
Shuriken: 9/10 remaining
CLW Wand charges: 48/50 remaining

Used: 13 days' rations[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
Damaris.jpg

Damaris keeps the Inspire Courage going and casts invisibility on herself. If tieflings can see on darkness, they still can surely see her. She moves slowly out of the darkness.

[sblock=Action]
Maintain Inspire Courage (FREE)
Casts Invisibility
Moves to C6
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]

Damaris - Bard lvl 4
HP 34/34 (27+7 FL)
Init +4
AC 16 | Touch 13 | FF 13
CMB+5 | CMD 19
Saves: F+2 | R+9 | W+4

Perception +6 | Sense Motive -1/9* (Versatile Performance) | Bluff 2/9* (Ver.Per) (+1 vs Males)
Diplomacy +9 (+1 vs males)

Masterwork Shortbow +8 (1d6)
Longsword +5 (1d8+3) (Two-handed)
Sling +7 (1d4+2)

Bardic Performance: 10/12 day

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound, Jolt, Mending, Mage Hand
Spells: Lvl1 Grease, Sleep, Timely Inspiration, Silent Image 4/day. lvl2 Invisibility, Pyrotechnics 2/day
Spell-like ability: Message 1/day.

Spells Used: Invisibility

Combat Feats: Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Arcane Strike

Consumables: Acid Flask(2/2), Alchemist Fire (2/2), Holy Water (2/2), Oil (2/2), Perfume, Firework Paper Candle (2), Vermin Repellent, Trial Rations (4), Normal Arrows (16).[/sblock]

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
LTL_150.jpg

Wincing from the arrows, Lai Tai gropes around, eventually finding his way out of the darkness. Seeing one of the teiflings, he swings his quarterstaff at the man. "Tree Falls in Forest!"

Updated map

[sblock=OOC]Swift: Arcane Strike (in the unlikely case of AoO)
Move:
Attack tiefling. +8 base + 1 arcane pool + 1 bard + 1 Str -1 size = +10 for 1d6+6 base +1 pool + 1 arcane strike +1 Str + 1 bard and upgrade die to 1d8 for 1d8 + 10
On tiefling (1d20+10=23, 1d8+10=16)

[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Lai Tai Liu

AC: 17 [15] (15 flat-footed, 12 touch) [-1 Dex, -1 size]
HP: 30/30
CMB: +7 CMD: 19
Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 [+3] Will: +5

Perception: +7
Initiative: +4

Arcane Pool: 4/5
Staff Charges: 10/10
Cantrips (DC 12): Detect Magic, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
1st Level (DC 13): Chill Touch, Corrosive Touch, Enlarge Person, True Strike
2nd Level (DC 14): Frigid Touch, Stone Call

Current Weapon in Hand: Quarterstaff (+8, 1d8+8)
Current Conditions in Effect: Arcane Pool

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
attachment.php

Not sure exactly where his skills are going to be the most needed as things clear up, and not wanting to risk too much attention just yet with all of the archers on the field or lose the benefits of his invisibility sooner than necessary, Thuvian moves just inside the bottom of the leaf canopy as he casts a defensive spell on himself as he continues to watch the battlefield and the air around it, alert for the other flying creature to return.

[sblock=actions]Move to 50' in the air, just inside the leaf canopy
Cast Mirror Image; Mirror Image figments (1d4+1=5) [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Thuvian Darklight
AC: 14 (Touch 13, Flatfooted 11)
HP: 27/27 Initiative: +3
Perception : +6 Sense Motive: +1
CMB: +2 CMD: 15
Fort: +2 Reflex: +4 Will: +5
Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Place: Vanish (round 3 of 5), Fly, Mirror Image (5 copies)

Magic:
CL 5; +9 Concentration (+13 Casting Defensively); SR +5
Extended Illusion (2 round beyond concentration)
1st level Sapphire of Power - unused
+4 to Spellcraft DC to identify spells cast

Darkness 1/1

Cantrips - Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Prestidigitation
1st - Color Spray, Mage Armor, Ray of Enfeeblement, Silent Image, Vanish (cast)
2nd - Acid Arrow x2, Minor Image, Mirror Image
3rd - Fly (cast), Major Image x2[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Tyrion_zps086703f6.jpg

As the greatsword wielding creature approched Tyrion, a smirk played across the man's face. With a large swing, the hammer is brought around, striking the creature hard in the ribs, causing him to fall to the ground.

Seeing an enlarged Lai Tai, Tyrion says "Oy, I know that trick to." Pulling out a potion from his pocket, Tyrion bites out the cork and drowns the drink in a single gulp. His muscles grow large, as the already giant of a man grows to match that of Lai Tai.

[sblock=Actions]
Tyrion's Attack of Opportunity: 1d20+11=26, 1d12+15=26 Ouch....I'm going under the assumption that KO'd it...

Move: Draw Enlarge Person Potion
Standard: Drink Enlarge Person.

This reduces his AoO by 1, but gives him a 15' reach with his Hammer. His effective damage goes up by 2 due as long as he only attacks once (Which i *think* means per round, so if he gets both AoO's, i'm going to remove them.)
[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Tyrion Thankirk
AC: 20 - 2(Touch 12 - 2, Flatfooted 18 -1)
HP: 57/57

Initiative: +2 - 1
Perception: +7 Sense Motive: +2
CMB: +9 +2 CMD: 21 +2 Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 -1 Will: +6

Conditional Attack mods: Power Attack (-2/+6), Furious Focus (Ignore first PA Penalty), Overhead Chop (+3 to damage rolls w/ 1 attack), Weapon Training (+1/+1 w/ 2handed weapon).

Conditions: Ioun Torch (in darkness) Combat Reflexes (2 Attacks of Opportunity)

In Hand: Hammer of DOOM! +11(+5 BAB +5 STR +1 MWK + 1WT -2PA +2 FF -1 Size) 3d6+17 20/x3

Consumables
CLW Wand: 2 charges used.
Enlarge Person Potion
Protection from Evil Potion

[/sblock]

Updated Map

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=GM Note]
jkason said:
The Darkness spell actually explicitly states that it doesn't stack with itself. It's the last line of the description, and I actually only noticed it myself when I looked the other day (I think I actually screwed that up back in Kostry Kopec, but that whole adventure is a muddled haze). I'll roll the Acro check to move just in case so things don't get bogged down, though (with the -4 Dex for Blinded):
Huh, that changes things. I don’t have access to the rules at work where I drafted half of this combat. Sorry for the mistake. Instead of blanketing the area with 2 more darkness circles, I will just give the spells back to the two tieflings and they will probably not be used.

That means you all don’t suffer as bad and there is 20% concealment from Dim Illumination from those circles instead. That would not change the results from round 3 much, but it could certainly change Tyrion’s actions as he might have attacked instead and you probably need him to.

I will allow a retcon for his turn in Round 2 to include an attack on G6 from stopping his movement at J13 or J14, [MENTION=95784]jackslate45[/MENTION].

I will allow a retcon for Ru before I resolve his actions for Round 3 if it would change something, [MENTION=2710]jkason[/MENTION]. I don’t think Ru would do anything different in Round 2.

[MENTION=93930]Systole[/MENTION], you need to succeed a Concentration check to keep the Enlarge Person spell to trigger. I did not roll it for you, figuring you knew you would have to. ;)

[MENTION=92814]soulnova[/MENTION], please include your mini-stats and maintain them as you mark off spells used and rounds of Bardic Performance. Edit it into your last post.

Doesn't Enlarge Person potions also take 1 round to go into effect? [/sblock]

Remove ads