[LPF] Kaedyn's Quest

jackslate45

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I will allow a retcon for his turn in Round 2 to include an attack on G6 from stopping his movement at J13 or J14, @jackslate45 .

Doesn't Enlarge Person potions also take 1 round to go into effect?
I'm not sure that Tyrion would know the guy was there or not without Lowlight. 20' movement JUST put Tyrion at the edge of the border, so even if he could see him G6 was too close for Polearm attacks or AoO provoking. Tyrion's thing is to keep using AoO until he gets surrounded, then Draw the flachion and go to town. I'm happy with his round 2/3 actions. He's already going to draw a lot of fire, which is good for him.

As for Potions, I checked the SRD:

SRD said:
Activation: Drinking a potion or applying an oil requires no special skill. The user merely removes the stopper and swallows the potion or smears on the oil. The following rules govern potion and oil use.

Drinking a potion or using an oil is a standard action. The potion or oil takes effect immediately. Using a potion or oil provokes attacks of opportunity. An enemy may direct an attack of opportunity against the potion or oil container rather than against the character. A successful attack of this sort can destroy the container, preventing the character from drinking the potion or applying the oil.

Ephasis mine. AFAIK, it should go off right away. One reason the potion can be alot stronger than the spell.
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
[sblock=Concentration]Actually, full-round spells just screw me up. I thought that the casting was over during LT's turn and then took effect at the beginning of his next. I truly, deeply hate PF concentration rules and this full-round casting BS. It's stupid, confusing, and poorly documented.

Conc vs 20 (1d20+6=26)[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[Sblock=GM]Yeah, 1 Round Casting times suck. But I assume they are there to balance out some powerful spells like Sleep, Summon Monster and Enlarge Person? Heh, not sure why Enlarge Person needs to be 1 Round but there it is.

I am not going to update today as I don't have an hour free tonight. Busy weekend to, but I will try to get to it.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, rangerish human ninja (retcon round 3)

Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

[sblock=ooc]I'm going to take the retcon only because dim light means Ru could see enough of the tiefling to move directly at him in round 2 (I only had him double moving because he was arcing out of the darkness, then seeing the tiefling, then closing with him).

On the upside, that means those attack rolls from my brain fart weren't for nothing. :)[/sblock]

retcon...A surge of unnatural speed took Ru to the northernmost tiefling quickly, his blades swiping quickly. While the creature dodged the first attack, the southerner's second blade took a dangerous gouge out of the teifling's side.

"Now we're even, but I do prefer to pay back my debts with interest," Ru says with a snarl.

[sblock=ooc]Being able to make out a humanoid shape from dim light means Ru can move direct to D14, rather than taking the high arc he did before. He still needs the Ki movement boost to do it, but then he's only using a single move, and gets a TWF attack:

Wakazashi TWF vs. T4; damage; concealment miss chance. (1d20+6=12, 1d6=3, 1d100=32, 1d20+6=16, 1d6=6, 1d100=93)

I forgot the Inspire Courage for those attack rolls yesterday, so the one that hits does 7, not 6 damage. Which is still sad, but life goes on.[/sblock]

UPDATED MAP

[sblock=mini stats]

Ru Brike
AC: 18 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 14)
HP: 25/39

Initiative: +4
Perception: +7 (+8 Traps) Sense Motive: +5
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +3
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)

Wakizashi: +8, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +6/+6, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +7, 1d6
Shuriken: +7, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +2d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Ranger's Focus (1/day)

Conditions: 20% concealment vs. ranged (bushes), inspire courage

In Hand: Wakizashi x2

Ki Pool: 2/3 remaining
Ranger's Focus: 1/1 remaining
Shuriken: 9/10 remaining
CLW Wand charges: 48/50 remaining

Used: 13 days' rations[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 13, 16:00 - In the Darkwood ~

Tyrion killed one Githyanki Warrior and Lai Tai fatally wounded a tiefling. Ru's opponent was still standing.

Despite being invisible, one of the Githyanki looked upwards in Thuvian's direction as his spell casting was not that quiet.

And even invisible, Damaris's inspiration singing was heard across the battlefield.

TeiflingRogue_zpsff084696.png

One of the tieflings moved through the woods toward the source of the singing. The other two worked at surrounding Ru, each drawing shortswords. Ru parried one of the blows as the other moved around the tree.

TeiflingRanger_zps11857038.png
GithWarrior_zpsfdba6a9f.png

The tiefling bowman and two of the Githyanki Warrior continued to focus their attacks on Tyrion. The tiefling's arrow went by the enlarged warrior's arm and scored it for a light wound only. The conjured eagle swooped after him and the enlarged lucerne hammer smacked into it. The eagle disappeared leaving a few fluttering feathers where it once was.

The two Githyanki warriors shifted and one fired an arrow to only have it zip on by. The other drew his greatsword and stepped in close. His swing was blocked.

The last Githyanki warrior withdrew from the reach of the large warrior's hammer and crossed over the trail to get a better angle for firing arrows.

GithOracle_zpsed4c5482.png
GithSorcerer_zpsfef6ef86.png

The two Githyanki spell casters moved again. The male cast a spell and a scorching ray of fire hit Tyrion hard and burned him badly. The female conjured a glowing morningstar that struck Lai Tai for a light blow to his enlarged ribs.

OOC: Combat: Round 4
[sblock=Combat Information]T1 hit Tyrion 7 dmg
T2 double moved
T4 drew weapon & missed Ru
T5 drew weapon & moved
Fiendish Eagle provoked AoO and got killed by Tyrion
G1 cast Scorching ray, hit Tyrion 18 dmg
G2 Cast Spiritual Weapon, hit Lai for 5 dmg
G3 & G5, 5ft stepped & missed Tyrion
G4 withdrew

Initiative:
You guys
The Tiefling & Githyanki & Unknown

Party Status:
Code:
Ru:        25/39 HP remaining; 
Damaris:   34/27 HP remaining; False Life
Lai Tai:   16/30 HP remaining; 5 dmg
Thuvian:   27/27 HP remaining;
Nora:      13/13 HP remaining;
Tyrion:    28/57 HP remaining; 25 dmg

Spells Cast: Stone Call (3/4rnds), Vanish(3/5 rnds), Invisibility (Damaris), Mirror Image-5 (Thuv)
Abilities Used:
  Ru: Ki Pool 0/3; Rngr Foc 0/1
  Damaris: Bard Pef 1/12; Spells 1st 0/4, 2nd 1/2;
  Lai Tai:  Arc Pool: 1/5; Staff Charges 0/10; Spells 1st 1/4, 2nd 1/2; Lev 0/1
  Thuvian: Dark 0/1; Blind Dark 0/7; Spells 1st 0/5, 2nd 1/4, 3rd 1/3
Conditions in effect: False Life(Dam), inspire Courage +1
Enemy Stats:
Code:
Tiefling 1       (AC19/Touch14/CMD19): -2/??hp; healed 9
Gith Male 1      (AC18/Touch14/CMD15): -1/??hp
Gith Female 2    (AC19/Touch12/CMD16): -9/??hp
Gith Warrior 3   (AC18/Touch12/CMD15): 1/10hp
Gith Warrior 4   (AC18/Touch12/CMD15): 2/10hp
Gith Warrior 5   (AC18/Touch12/CMD15): 10/10hp
Gith Warrior 6   (AC0): dead
Flying Creature  (AC??/Touch??/CMD??): ??/??hp
Tiefling 2       (AC16/Touch12/CMD13): 8/8hp
Tiefling 3       (AC0): -9/8hp; dying
Tiefling 4       (AC16/Touch12/CMD13): 2/8hp
Tiefling 5       (AC16/Touch12/CMD13): 8/8hp
Fiendish Eagle   (AC0): Gone

Note: Tieflings have Resist 5 Cold/Electricity/Fire
[/sblock] Updated Map
[sblock=Map Notes]1. Dark colored vegetation is difficult terrain if more than 50% of Square for medium creatures or smaller & provides 20%(roll 1d100: 1-20 misses) concealment being bushes from ranged attacks, 50% concealment for small creatures or prone medium ones.
2. Trees and Large Boulders provide hard cover and block LOS. Small boulders are like half walls, only cover.
3. Large bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller[/sblock]
GM: You are all up for Round 4.

I rolled Tyrion's AoO Fiendish Eagle. I suggest both Lai and Tyrion have a pre-rolled AoO in their posts.

soulnova

Explorer
Damaris.jpg

Damaris will keep singing and step back a little waiting for the Tiefling to come out of the shadows. She prepares to fully defend herself.

Come to me, step into the light ♪
I promise I don't bite.
Oh boy, don't be shy~
I'll make it worth your while ♫

She taunts the tiefling with her singing. She's still invisible.

[sblock=Action]
Free = Bardic Perfomance
Move action = B6
Standard action = Total Defense, +4 AC at the start of her action for 1 round. AC 24

[/sblock]

[sblock] Good God, I just realized Damaris AC was not updated in the ministats!! She has AC 20 from +4 Dex, +5 Armor, +1 Deflection. SORRY!!! Now she has +4 of Total Defense and Invisibility. That should be enough to keep her mostly safe for the moment. [/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]

Damaris - Bard lvl 4
HP 34/34 (27+7 FL)
Init +4
AC 20 (24) + Invisible | Touch 15 | FF 16 (+4 TOTAL DEFENSE)
CMB+5 | CMD 19
Saves: F+2 | R+9 | W+4

Perception +6 | Sense Motive -1/9* (Versatile Performance) | Bluff 2/9* (Ver.Per) (+1 vs Males)
Diplomacy +9 (+1 vs males)

Masterwork Shortbow +8 (1d6)
Longsword +5 (1d8+3) (Two-handed)
Sling +7 (1d4+2)

Bardic Performance: 9/12 day

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound, Jolt, Mending, Mage Hand
Spells: Lvl1 Grease, Sleep, Timely Inspiration, Silent Image 4/day. lvl2 Invisibility, Pyrotechnics 2/day
Spell-like ability: Message 1/day.

Spells Used: Invisibility

Combat Feats: Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Arcane Strike

Consumables: Acid Flask(2/2), Alchemist Fire (2/2), Holy Water (2/2), Oil (2/2), Perfume, Firework Paper Candle (2), Vermin Repellent, Trial Rations (4), Normal Arrows (16).[/sblock]

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
attachment.php

Thuvian decides it's about time to take the fight to his fellow casters. Continuing to hover just inside the leaf canopy, he moves over 5' and suddenly becomes visible nearby Tyrion as six arrows of acid seem to fly toward the female caster, slamming into her gut at high velocity.

[sblock=actions]Fly(hover) (1d20+13=28); 50'; 5' shift
Acid Arrow ranged touch attack, damage (1d20+5=14, 2d4= 6)(not sure if Inspire Courage applies; if it does, add one to the attack and damage)(1 round remaining)[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Thuvian Darklight
AC: 14 (Touch 13, Flatfooted 11)
HP: 27/27 Initiative: +3
Perception : +6 Sense Motive: +1
CMB: +2 CMD: 15
Fort: +2 Reflex: +4 Will: +5
Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Place: Fly, Mirror Image (5 copies)

Magic:
CL 5; +9 Concentration (+13 Casting Defensively); SR +5
Extended Illusion (2 round beyond concentration)
1st level Sapphire of Power - unused
+4 to Spellcraft DC to identify spells cast

Darkness 1/1

Cantrips - Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Prestidigitation
1st - Color Spray, Mage Armor, Ray of Enfeeblement, Silent Image, Vanish (cast)
2nd - Acid Arrow x2 (1 cast), Minor Image, Mirror Image (cast)
3rd - Fly (cast), Major Image x2[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, rangerish human ninja

Ru slashes at the closest Tiefling again, but has no success. Glancing around and seeing another dim form moving toward him, he says "Now, fellas, I'm really not in a crowd kind of mood at the moment. I hope you'll pardon me if I retire?" He clashes his blades together, and in doing so seems to wipe himself from existence.

[sblock=ooc]Standard: TWF attack vs. T4 (+7, 1d6+1) w/ 20% miss chance
Inspired TWF vs. T4;Inspired damage; miss chance (dim light, low misses) (1d20+7=9, 1d6+1=7, 1d100=17, 1d20+7=15, 1d6+1=5, 1d100=30)
Both miss.
Swift: Vanishing Trick (3 rounds)
Move: to B12 C12 w/ Stealth (This is an edit. Ru didn't actually have enough move to make a stealth move to B12. Realized that when I fixed the map to reflect the move).
Stealth (1d20+11=26)

Ru's only going to take his AoO in this following round if one of the Tieflings actually goes to move into his square, since they don't know he's there and he's not inclined to let them literally walk all over him I rolled it just in case:

AoO +8 Inspire +1 Invisible +2 (no Dex bonus to target) vs target entering Ru's personal square; Damage with Inspire; Sneak Attack (1d20+11=25, 1d6+1=5, 2d6=10)[/sblock]

OOC: SS21 didn't declare a square, so I didn't move him, though I did shift Damaris, so this probably needs some adjusting for Thuvian's actual position.

(mostly) UPDATED MAPhttp://beta.ditzie.com/45134/52da7e1324453

[sblock=mini stats]

Ru Brike
AC: 18 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 14)
HP: 25/39

Perception: +7 (+8 Traps) Sense Motive: +5
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +3
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)

Wakizashi: +8, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +6/+6, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +7, 1d6
Shuriken: +7, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +2d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Ranger's Focus (1/day)

Conditions: Invisible (3/3 rounds), 20% concealment vs. ranged (bushes), inspire courage

In Hand: Wakizashi x2

Ki Pool: 1/3 remaining
Ranger's Focus: 1/1 remaining
Shuriken: 9/10 remaining
CLW Wand charges: 48/50 remaining

Used: 13 days' rations[/sblock]

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
LTL_150.jpg

"Great Whale Breaches Amongst the Seals!" Lai Tai cartwheels toward the southernmost tiefling, but his enlarged form is simply not as nimble as his normal one, and the attack is wide. "Tyrion! One requests help with the priestess!"

Updated map

[sblock=OOC]Swift: Arcane Strike
Full round: Charge to attack T1. +8 base + 1 arcane pool + 1 bard + 1 Str -1 size +2 charge = +12 for 1d6+6 base +1 pool + 1 arcane strike +1 Str + 1 bard and upgrade die to 1d8 for 1d8 + 10
Charge T1 (1d20+12=18, 1d8+10=12)

And I'm too far a Timely Inspiration. Crap.

EDIT: AoO - AoO (1d20+10=22, 1d8+10=14)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Lai Tai Liu

AC: 17 [15] (15 flat-footed, 12 touch) [-1 Dex, -1 size]
HP: 30/30
CMB: +7 CMD: 19
Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 [+3] Will: +5

Perception: +7

Arcane Pool: 4/5
Staff Charges: 10/10
Cantrips (DC 12): Detect Magic, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
1st Level (DC 13): Chill Touch, Corrosive Touch, Enlarge Person, True Strike
2nd Level (DC 14): Frigid Touch, Stone Call

Current Weapon in Hand: Quarterstaff (+8, 1d8+8)
Current Conditions in Effect: Arcane Pool

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

Remove ads