• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Kaedyn's Quest

jackslate45

First Post
Tyrion_zps086703f6.jpg

"Ya, will do once I deal with...this guy!"

Taking a large over head chop at the bow tiefling, Tyrion hopes that the blow will crush the creature.

[sblock=Actions]
Mapwise, I think jkason forgot Lai Tai's movement, so I updated it.

Move: Move to indicated position (Provokes from Githyanki Warrior 3, but I'm not that concerned about it.)

Standard: Attack Tiefling 1: 1d20+11=20, 3d6+17=29 Out of range for IC, so didn't include it.

Has 10'-15' Reach for AoO's. Does not provke if done adjacent to him.
AoO#1: 1d20+9=14, 3d6+14=25

AoO#2: 1d20+9=29, 3d6+14=26 Since I don't know if this one is getting used, I'll let you roll crit confirm.

[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Tyrion Thankirk
AC: 20 - 2(Touch 12 - 2, Flatfooted 18 -1)
HP: 57/57

Initiative: +2 - 1
Perception: +7 Sense Motive: +2
CMB: +9 +2 CMD: 21 +2 Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 -1 Will: +6

Conditional Attack mods: Power Attack (-2/+6), Furious Focus (Ignore first PA Penalty), Overhead Chop (+3 to damage rolls w/ 1 attack), Weapon Training (+1/+1 w/ 2handed weapon).

Conditions: Ioun Torch (in darkness) Combat Reflexes (2 Attacks of Opportunity)

In Hand: Hammer of DOOM! +11(+5 BAB +5 STR +1 MWK + 1WT -2PA +2 FF -1 Size) 3d6+17 20/x3

Consumables
CLW Wand: 2 charges used.
Enlarge Person Potion
Protection from Evil Potion

[/sblock]

Updated Map

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 13, 16:00 - In the Darkwood ~

TeiflingRanger_zps11857038.png

Tyrion's might blow felled the tiefling archer.

TeiflingRogue_zpsff084696.png

The other three tieflings continued after the invisible ones. One moved next to Damaris, but his shortsword swung on air. One of the other tiefling's heard Ru move and pointed right at him to coordinate their attack. The closed in but swung their swords on nothing but air.

GithWarrior_zpsfdba6a9f.png

The Githyanki by the tree stepped in close to Lai Tai, using the tree as cover. The large warrior blocked the large sword. The other two Gutyanki warrior shifted and fired arrows at the flying mage above. One had to drop his sword first and pick up a bow, but his arrow was true and hurt the flying mage. The other arrow took out an image.

GithOracle_zpsed4c5482.png
GithSorcerer_zpsfef6ef86.png

The Gityanki sorcerer hit Tyrion again with another scorching ray of fire. The female Githyanki's spiritual weapon followed Lai Tai and hit him again while she cast a spell that ordered Tyrion to kill the other large warrior next to him.

Noak_zpsc3e72877.png

With a screech the flying creature returned. It looked like a black dragon about the size of a pony, but not quite right. It had white stripes around its face and icycle-like teeth and an long snake-like neck. It was coming into view from above the canopy of trees on the far side of the clearing. "Noak likes a flying two-legs!"

OOC: Combat: Round 5
[sblock=Combat Information]Thuvian beat G2's SR
G3 missed AoO on Tyrion
T1 dead
T2 moved & missed Damaris
T4 heard Ru & missed
T5 moved & missed Ru
G1 cast Scorching ray, hit Tyrion 16 dmg
G2's Spiritual Weapon hit Lai for 5 dmg
G2 cast Murderous Command on Tyrion (DC14) to Kill Lai Tai
G3 5ft stepped & picked up longbow and took out Image on Thuvian
G4 moved with cover & missed Lai
G5 5ft stepped & hit Thuvian, 9 dmg
Noak double moved (75' Elev)

Initiative:
You guys
The Tiefling & Githyanki & Flying Dragon Thing

Party Status:
Code:
Ru:        25/39 HP remaining; 
Damaris:   34/27 HP remaining; False Life
Lai Tai:   11/30 HP remaining; 5 dmg
Thuvian:   19/27 HP remaining; 9 dmg
Nora:      13/13 HP remaining;
Tyrion:    12/57 HP remaining; 16 dmg

Spells Cast: Stone Call (4/4rnds), Invisibility (Damaris), Mirror Image-4 (Thuv), Acid Arrow (0/1 rnd)
Abilities Used:
  Ru: Ki Pool 1/3; Rngr Foc 0/1
  Damaris: Bard Pef 3/12; Spells 1st 0/4, 2nd 1/2;
  Lai Tai:  Arc Pool: 1/5; Staff Charges 0/10; Spells 1st 1/4, 2nd 1/2; Lev 0/1
  Thuvian: Dark 0/1; Blind Dark 0/7; Spells 1st 1/5, 2nd 2/4, 3rd 1/3
Conditions in effect: False Life(Dam), inspire Courage +1, Enlarge Persons
Enemy Stats:
Code:
Tiefling 1       (AC0): dead
Gith Male 1      (AC18/Touch14/CMD15): -1/??hp
Gith Female 2    (AC19/Touch12/CMD16): -15/??hp; acid dmg 1 round
Gith Warrior 3   (AC18/Touch12/CMD15): 1/10hp
Gith Warrior 4   (AC18/Touch12/CMD15): 2/10hp
Gith Warrior 5   (AC18/Touch12/CMD15): 10/10hp
Gith Warrior 6   (AC0): dead
Noak             (AC21/Touch13/CMD20): ??/??hp; 75ft elevation
Tiefling 2       (AC16/Touch12/CMD13): 8/8hp
Tiefling 3       (AC0): -10/8hp; dying
Tiefling 4       (AC16/Touch12/CMD13): 2/8hp
Tiefling 5       (AC16/Touch12/CMD13): 8/8hp
Fiendish Eagle   (AC0): Gone

Note: Tieflings have Resist 5 Cold/Electricity/Fire
[/sblock] Updated Map
[sblock=Map Notes]1. Dark colored vegetation is difficult terrain if more than 50% of Square for medium creatures or smaller & provides 20%(roll 1d100: 1-20 misses) concealment being bushes from ranged attacks, 50% concealment for small creatures or prone medium ones.
2. Trees and Large Boulders provide hard cover and block LOS. Small boulders are like half walls, only cover.
3. Large bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller[/sblock]
GM: You are all up for Round 5.

You can keep rolling AoO. Tyrion needs to roll Will Save DC14 to not attack Lai Tai.

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
Tyrion_zps086703f6.jpg

Tyrion's shakes his head, getting rid of the ridiculous idea to attack his teammate. However, seeing that the other male githyanki was the one burning him to death, Tyrion moved to engage the man and takes a mighty swing at him.

[sblock=Actions]
Save to Not Kill Lai Tai: 1d20+6=21 BOO YA!
Move: Move to Current position on Map
Standard: Attack Gith Sorcerer 1: 1d20+11=17, 3d6+17=28 Damnit, missed by 1, and I'm still not in IC range /cry

EDIT: :):):):), I forgot that IC+1 isn't just a 30' range, it's if you can hear it. So I would have hit it's AC. But, I'm pretty sure I still miss with a giant tree in the way...

Has 10'-15' Reach for AoO's. Does not provoke if done adjacent to him.
AoO#1: 1d20+9=29, 3d6+14=27 So if that guy provokes I think Tyrion will murder him...

AoO#2:1d20+9=28, 3d6+14=24 Seriously, WTF? Why can't I roll this good during my initial attacks :.-(

[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Tyrion Thankirk
AC: 20 - 2(Touch 12 - 2, Flatfooted 18 -1)
HP: 57/57

Initiative: +2 - 1
Perception: +7 Sense Motive: +2
CMB: +9 +2 CMD: 21 +2 Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 -1 Will: +6

Conditional Attack mods: Power Attack (-2/+6), Furious Focus (Ignore first PA Penalty), Overhead Chop (+3 to damage rolls w/ 1 attack), Weapon Training (+1/+1 w/ 2handed weapon).

Conditions: Ioun Torch (in darkness) Combat Reflexes (2 Attacks of Opportunity)

In Hand: Hammer of DOOM! +11(+5 BAB +5 STR +1 MWK + 1WT -2PA +2 FF -1 Size) 3d6+17 20/x3

Consumables
CLW Wand: 2 charges used.
Enlarge Person Potion
Protection from Evil Potion

[/sblock]

Updated Map
[/QUOTE]

Systole

First Post
[sblock=OOC] @perrinmiller I'm confused at to what happened with G4. AoO roll was 22, so even with cover it looks like a hit to me. Am I missing something? [/sblock]

Last edited:

soulnova

Explorer
Damaris.jpg

Damaris giggles as the tiefling attempts to swing at her. The girl keeps singing, providing the bardic performance for her comrades and teasing the tiefling.

You have some good moves, ♪
My Father would disapprove!
Let's dance until sunrise~!♫
No need to apologize~!
Would you hold me tight? ♪

Would you die in my arms?

[sblock=Action]

Damaris stays on her spot.
Free = Bardic Performance
Standard = Total Defense

[/sblock]

[sblock] Yep, you still get the IC bonus as long as you can hear Damaris. She will keep buffing the party and move around to heal if needed. Invisibility will hold even if she uses a Wand of CLW, right?[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]

Damaris - Bard lvl 4
HP 34/34 (27+7 FL)
Init +4
AC 20 (24) + Invisible | Touch 15 | FF 16 (+4 TOTAL DEFENSE)
CMB+5 | CMD 19
Saves: F+2 | R+9 | W+4

Perception +6 | Sense Motive -1/9* (Versatile Performance) | Bluff 2/9* (Ver.Per) (+1 vs Males)
Diplomacy +9 (+1 vs males)

Masterwork Shortbow +8 (1d6)
Longsword +5 (1d8+3) (Two-handed)
Sling +7 (1d4+2)

Bardic Performance: 8/12 day

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound, Jolt, Mending, Mage Hand
Spells: Lvl1 Grease, Sleep, Timely Inspiration, Silent Image 4/day. lvl2 Invisibility, Pyrotechnics 2/day
Spell-like ability: Message 1/day.

Spells Used: Invisibility

Combat Feats: Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Arcane Strike

Consumables: Acid Flask(2/2), Alchemist Fire (2/2), Holy Water (2/2), Oil (2/2), Perfume, Firework Paper Candle (2), Vermin Repellent, Trial Rations (4), Normal Arrows (16).[/sblock]

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
attachment.php

Thuvian just shrugs at both the arrows and the reappearance of the flying creatures, having anticipated both. He moves up further in the canopy where it will be difficult for the flying creature to follow as he casts an image of a nauseating cloud below him. He additionally tries to mask his casting further than usual by making the whole sequence appear to be for stinking cloud rather than major image.

[sblock=actions]Acid Arrow damage (2d4=4)(note for the future: acid arrow doesn't get spell resistance, nor does major image)
Move about 15 feet up about halfway between the top and bottom of the leaf canopy Fly (1d20+13=31)
Cast Major Image on H-12, appearing as a Stinking Cloud radiating out 20' (DC 19 to disbelieve)[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Thuvian Darklight
AC: 14 (Touch 13, Flatfooted 11)
HP: 27/27 Initiative: +3
Perception : +6 Sense Motive: +1
CMB: +2 CMD: 15
Fort: +2 Reflex: +4 Will: +5
Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Place: Fly, Mirror Image (4 copies)

Magic:
CL 5; +9 Concentration (+13 Casting Defensively); SR +5
Extended Illusion (2 round beyond concentration)
1st level Sapphire of Power - unused
+4 to Spellcraft DC to identify spells cast

Darkness 1/1

Cantrips - Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Prestidigitation
1st - Color Spray, Mage Armor, Ray of Enfeeblement, Silent Image, Vanish (cast)
2nd - Acid Arrow x2 (1 cast), Minor Image, Mirror Image (cast)
3rd - Fly (cast), Major Image x2 (1 cast)[/sblock]

EDIT (as I ran short on time earlier): Knowledge to ID flying thing (+12 if arcana, +10 if planes) (1d20=13)

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=GM Notes]
Systole said:
I'm confused at to what happened with G4. AoO roll was 22, so even with cover it looks like a hit to me. Am I missing something?
Cover or Total Concealment negate AoO from being provoked. G4 had cover from the tree in his initial square and can move to adjacent without worrying about an AoO.

Invisibility will hold even if she uses a Wand of CLW, right?
Yep. Even Summon Monster Spells will not break the Invisibility, IIRC.

I updated the last round based on Lai Tai hitting. Tielfing 1 is dead

Re: Acid Arrow & SR, I could have sworn I checked and it said yes. No biggie, the result is the same.
The Knowledge planes check reveals the flying creature to be a summoner's eidolon.[/sblock]

Remove ads