D&D 5E 5e Warlord Demand Poll

How much demand is there for a dedicated warlord class??

• I am a player/DM of 5e and would like a dedicated warlord class

Votes: 61 26.3%
  • I am a player/DM of 4e and would like a dedicated warlord class

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • I am a player/DM of 5e and am satisfied with WotC's current offerings for a warlord-esque class

Votes: 67 28.9%
  • I am a player/DM of 5e and am satisfied with the current 3rd party offerings for a warlord class

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • I am a player/DM of 5e and I don't care whether WotC designs a warlord class for 5e

Votes: 94 40.5%
  • I am a player/DM of 4e and I don't care whether WotC designs a warlord class for 5e

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Imaro

Legend
So this is what a productive discussion of the warlord looks like? So much for practicing what you preach.

Lol... so you bring up the mystic having just as many or more threads than the warlord... and me responding to something you brought into the thread... is me causing a warlord thread to be unproductive... really? If this was an unproductive line of conversation why bring it up? You're the warlord fan... you, @Hussar, @Eubani, @doctorbadwolf have just as much or more (based on numbers) power to steer this thread in the direction you want and yet...

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Lol... so you bring up the mystic having just as many or more threads than the warlord... and me responding to something you brought into the thread... is me causing a warlord thread to be unproductive... really? If this was an unproductive line of conversation why bring it up? You're the warlord fan... you, @Hussar, @Eubani, @doctorbadwolf have just as much or more (based on numbers) power to steer this thread in the direction you want and yet...

Dude, don't @ me in your rhetorical slap fight.

Imaro

Legend
Dude, don't @ me in your rhetorical slap fight.

:confused: You've posted in this thread... complained about it's purpose and some of my posts... I thought you'd be interested in how you could contribute more productively. But no worries won't happen again.

Aldarc

Legend
You brought it up first. Not me. I only mentioned that psionics in 5E did once get far more discussion prior to the development of the Mystic.

Imaro

Legend
You brought it up first. Not me. I only mentioned that psionics in 5E did once get far more discussion prior to the development of the Mystic.

But according to your own post... this is an unproductive line of conversation (I don't agree but then I'm not claiming it's making the thread unproductive), so why mention it, continue it or whatever then admonish me for replying to you?

Aldarc

Legend
But according to your own post... this is an unproductive line of conversation (I don't agree but then I'm not claiming it's making the thread unproductive), so why mention it, continue it or whatever then admonish me for replying to you?
I'm not immune to lapses of poor judgment, and I certainly regret getting involved in this fruitless line of discussion.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
So, how many months would it take for this thread to fall off the first page in this forum, assuming (a) nobody posts in it again, and (b) there are 200 threads per page in the default view of the forums?

"Not Applicable," right?

Imaro

Legend
So, how many months would it take for this thread to fall off the first page in this forum, assuming (a) nobody posts in it again, and (b) there are 200 threads per page in the default view of the forums?

"Not Applicable," right?

I don't think it's a question of months... when I look on the second page (and I believe I am using the default view) of the forums there are plenty of threads that were started in March...

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
:confused: You've posted in this thread... complained about it's purpose and some of my posts... I thought you'd be interested in how you could contribute more productively. But no worries won't happen again.

Lol sure. You just wanted to help.

Hussar

Legend
/snip

Citation of what? You made specific claims about what I've posted and you didn't show a single example... instead you switched the argument to something totally different (which I knew you'd do) and went off on some other tangent... Show me where I've told warlord fans to shut up, or where I called for a sub-forum for warlords...

You are absolutely right. You never said that directly. I cannot provide a quote for something you never directly said. However, that being said, the implication of this thread and the other two I cited, is pretty clear. If you are right, in this thread, for example, and there isn't any support for a Warlord class, then there is no real point in cluttering up the forums with warlord threads. After all, we're just whistling in the dark. Whether you meant that or not, doesn't really matter. The implication is very much there.

And, you're kinda avoiding the point. We had two threads directly discussing warlords. Then we had three threads discussing the discussion of warlords, rather than discussing them directly. So, who's guilty of cluttering up the forum? Those that want to see a 5e warlord certainly didn't start those three threads.

When more than half the threads discussing a topic are actually not about the topic, but rather discussing whether or not we should be discussing the topic in the first place, who's really the problem here when it comes to spamming threads? I mean, if you look at threads that actually discuss the warlord directly, you don't see all that many. You see kind of overview threads like the first two that I cited, then you see some home-brew threads. Then you get a non-insignificant number of threads like this one questioning whether we should be talking about it at all.

Strip out the threads questioning the validity of talking about warlords in the first place, and suddenly that "bunch of threads" cuts down to a small number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads