D&D 5E Heroes of Hydellor

Lord Twig

Adventurer
Mindra comes out from behind her cover and looks around. She listens as Liam describes what he has found, but she is more interested in the box on the far wall. Wary of the trickery of Kobolds, she looks to ensure there aren't any traps before touching it.

OOC: Investigation to look for traps on the strange box: [roll0], plus inspiration in case she needs it (since she hasn't used it yet :) ) [roll1]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Theremin approaches Sayine with concern. He looks at her injuries, ''Are you all right dear? You fought like warrior, and I was terribly concerned''. He'll try bandage her injuries the best he can.

He'll then inspect the table. We have to be careful here. ''This could be a portal, and we may not be powerful enough to battle what may come across''.

OOC: medicine check for Sayine:[roll0]
investigation [roll1] to find anything of interest
history [roll2] to see if he knows anything about such tables

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Essess/Bredonshire/Bredon
Seaday, Emperorweek, 2 Moon/12:06 PM
Weather: Normal late summer temps, light wind, light rain
Round 0

Nothing seems to happen when Liam places the ball in the depression matching its glyph.

Coriana finds the only other thing of interest in the room is the strange black box. It appears to be made of the same kind of stone as the table, and has an arcanite glyph on the face similar to the ones on the table.

Mindra comes over to examine the box as well. There is a heavy black metal lock securing the case, but she doesn’t notice any traps.

Sayine whimpers. Theremin’s first aid manages to stop any bleeding, but does little to heal the faeirie dragon’s grievous injuries. Theremin doesn’t really notice anything new about the table. Still the same black stone, the arcanite glyphs by the depressions, and the center, glyphed cup the same size and shape of the depressions around the edge. He doesn’t recall any lore about a table like this, but he does remember some stories he has heard about the tower.

Eobald Bredon (the Mad) was the younger brother of the Count of Oldhold. He built his wizard tower on the old family estate east of Bredonshire in 675. The estate collapsed mostly due to neglect, but the tower remained, though no one knows what happened to Eobold, as the Sheriff of Bredon and the Count of Oldhold lost contact with the mad mage.

The tower lay abandoned and rumor-haunted until 842 when Essess rebelled against the Empire. Sir Ghaves Ledet and his friend the mage Ebrehem Caravon garrisoned the tower, along with a company of elves led by Silvor Dawnwhisper. Ebrehem and his apprentice Iarno Albarek attempted to unlock the tower’s secrets.

While Ledet was off fighting a Helveki force in the Ravenswood (Cragmaw Castle), Eobald’s Tower was besieged by an Arideen force. To this day, no one knows what happened to the two armies, and the tower has lain abandoned as cursed.
[MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31754]Lord Twig[/MENTION]
[MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION]

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Maps]
Combat Map: https://app.roll20.net/join/4021378/4L_4ZA
Player Overview Map:
161mgyd.jpg
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Coriana (+2) AC 15 24/24+5 thp PP 14
Liam (+2) AC 14 14/18 PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 4/19 PP 18 Darkvision
Theremin (+5) AC 15 5/19 PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+5) AC 15 1/14 PP 13 Darkvision, Mirror Image (3) Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image*

Engir AC 15 30/64 17r to engage characters again.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Survival:
Marching Order: Mindra, Coriana, Theremin (Sayine), Liam
Travel Pace: Normal
Travel activity: Mindra (watch), Coriana (map), Liam (watch), Theremin (watch), Sayine (watch)
Light: Daylight
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
300 gp
Potion of Healing (Theremin)
[/sblock]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Theremin feels empathy for the diminutive dragon. After she wimpered, he started caressing her and humming a soft tune, infused with magic. The sounds coming from his mouth emanated a bluish hue, and coalesced around the dragon, giving her vigor.

OOC: Cast cure light wounds, Sayine heals [roll0]hp

He then addresses his companions. ''I propose we rest here for the night. we've had a full day, and are well located to defend our position. Besides, I have a tale to tell you'' he says with a simrk. If his companions agree, he'll get his lute, and start telling the tale of Eobald Bredon (the Mad).

OOC: He will tell everything he knows.

I hope we get to level up ;-)

tglassy

Adventurer
Liam frowns at the ball, then picks it up and slips it in his pocket. He hears Theremin, and looks up at him.

“Sure. I could use a rest. There’s a ritual from my book that I’d like to try.”

OOC: If we rest, I’d like to cast Find Familiar as a ritual and summon a Tressym, a winged cat from the Storm King’s Thunder. It can detect invisible creatures within 60 ft, is immune to poison and can detect if something is poisoned, and has advantage on perception checks that have to do with smell. It’s also got a fly speed of 40 ft.

It is a Celestial, and it’s fur/feathers are blue and white.

Lord Twig

Adventurer
"I could definitely use a rest," Mindra says, looking away from the lock for a bit. "I took quite a hit from that infernal shaman. But shouldn't we hunt down that last kobold? He was pretty tough, and could cause us quite a bit of trouble if we leave him to his own devices.

"As a matter of fact, if someone could provide some healing, I will go hunt him down and see if we can put an end to that particular threat."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
OOC: I do not believe you used your Healing Hands. I'll allow it :) I'll also remind you that you went straight to the top of the tower without clearing anything below.

Lord Twig

Adventurer
"Well, I suggest we do one of two options. We either hunt down the kobold and then proceed down into the tower. Or we can loot this chest and get out of here while we still can." Mindra looks around at her companions. "One definitely entails more risk, but the potential reward is greater."

Then she shrugs. "There are other options of course, but those are the two that are spinning around in my head right now. I will say, whatever we choose, we should do it soon."

OOC: If a majority vote for opening the chest, Mindra will offer to give it a try, but doesn't mind letting someone else do it if they insist. I'll wait to roll to see what everyone decides.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
"I'm all for opening the chest, but we nee to see what's below before we rest. What say we try to intimidate our way through what's left down there while bearing the head of their leader?" says Coriana while dark energy courses around her.

OOC: False life (Fiendish Vigor) [roll0]

Remove ads