DCC #8 Mysteries of the Drow (CLOSED)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Originally designed as a convention tournament module, this adventure sends the heroes into the underdark to do battle against the mysterious denizens of the deep! A drow housemistress commissions the characters to acquire a mysterious weapon known to be in the hands of her dark elf enemies. Locating, identifying, and acquiring the magical weapon leads the heroes on a great trek across the underdeep, where they must battle svirfneblin, a powerful lich, and enemy drow." -quoted front cover DCC#8

System: 3.5
Character Gene: Will post and before anyone asks all books are allowed but since I don't have all the books(wish I did) I will need each of you to check on the other guys work. Kind of like school will have some checking on someone else.
# of Players: unlimited (will run groups as I have seen it done on here by others)
Why?: Because this literaly did have dust on it. And I need to brush up on my higher levels of play.

LINKS:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/plots-places/265618-audience-chamber-motd-rg.html

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Character Generation

1) Abilities: point buy (DMG pg 169) you will have 28 points to spend before racial/level/magic adjustments
2) Class: Any and all
3) Races: Any and all (but character may not exceed ECL 9)
4) Starting Gold- Character Wealth by Level (DMG pg 135)
5) Equipment: Any and all
6) Skills: Each class has it's Base Skill Points/lvl raised by 2 points (i.e. 4 + Int modifier for Fighters, 10 + Int modifier for Rogues)
7) Feats: Every character get s a free +2/+2 feat at first level and feats from the Pathfinder PRD will be allowed (I like a few of those)
8) Up to two flaws allowed
9) Hit Points: Will be max for Level(s) and Con modifier
10) Deities: Any

This will be a one time adventure to see how a module runs so go crazy with those characters, maybe a race/class combo you thought would never go the distance, a prestige class you wanted to try, anything goes with this.

HM

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Character Level

Ok this is where it may get confusing(or maybe not).

The module is designed for 4-6 player lvl 7-9 with a total of 35 character levels recommended.

What I want is for everyone who wants to play to build up a party with a total of 36 levels but no party member maybe lower than level 6. (or ECL 6)

When the group is ready and characters are all a go we will start and for those over seas who don't get to play because things fill up fast well I want to try this as away to solve it.

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
I'll be making a character once I get my other characters worked out, HM. Not too often you see a game dealing with Drow.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Hey, HM!

I'd resolved that I wasn't going to get into any more games unless they were Pathfinder, and precious few of those (I'm already playing in 10, and GMing one). But I'm considering this one (I like the 'go wild' with the characters thing).

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hey Mowgli

Thanks for stopping by I thought that may perk some interest. You know I have 10 characters made but only 4 in games that have started and of those only 2 seem to be going at any speed. So I find myself wondering what I can get started and running a module will be easier than making my own on the fly (doing that now for LEW). I may just concentrate on DMing we will see.

Got something crazy in mind???

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I'll be making a character once I get my other characters worked out, HM. Not too often you see a game dealing with Drow.

Not my adventure writin by Jeff Quinn put out by Goodman Games but it is a roleplay/combat adventure that I like.

Not going to play a Drow Theroc??

HM

Theroc

First Post
Not my adventure writin by Jeff Quinn put out by Goodman Games but it is a roleplay/combat adventure that I like.

Not going to play a Drow Theroc??

HM

I might. I was leaning towards a Warshaping Werewolf, but a Drow might be interesting too.

I want to get my other characters worked out before I go sprinting through the candy-store here, however.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I might. I was leaning towards a Warshaping Werewolf, but a Drow might be interesting too.

I want to get my other characters worked out before I go sprinting through the candy-store here, however.

We will still be here LOL

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Thinking I might play a melee type - looking at a ½ Goliath/½ Dragon Fighter 5 (ECL 9? I think). I might cut him back to Fighter 4 and take a level of Rogue. This would probably be the wildest character I've ever played, and that's going some.

That's not written in stone, though - I've got one other idea I need to check out first.

Last edited:

Remove ads