DCC #8 Mysteries of the Drow (CLOSED)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
If Tome of Battles is allowed, I'd love to try a Jade Phoenix Mage. I've been wanting to play one for a while, but games are few and far between that allow ToB. Likely it will be a level 9 PC...

It may take me through the weekend to get something put together though.

Jade Phoenix Mage it is then :D

Let me in on any rules variants this ToB brings about please.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
A note to everyone...

All non-drow parties (and yes I 'd love to see an all drow party) you will be mercenaries hired by the house mistress for this mission.

So as you are doing charcters and picking mercenary mates please think of a Group name to be put with the IC thread

ty in advance

HM

Rhun

First Post
Jade Phoenix Mage it is then :D

Let me in on any rules variants this ToB brings about please.

HM

Mainly just stances and maneuvers. The Jade Phoenix Mage is basially a Fighter/Sorcerer (or wizard) with a few extra abilities.

I'd prefer not to play a drow, since I'll already be losing two levels of spellcasting.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I probably won't get an all drow party but would be different.

well when you have the time could you find me a link that explains stances and maneuvers please

HM

p.s. almost done my Pathfinder rogue hope someone takes cleric i would have (of course) but I have one in another game and want to try a little of all the PF iconic classes

HM

Dragonwriter

First Post
Yeah, Tome of Battle basically lets melees do some new tricks, brings their power up a bit. And JPM is a sweet class.

I will definitely not be playing Drow, and after looking at my books again, I find that the lowest I would want to swing this would be ECL 8, preferably 9... So, Rhun, wanna partner up? JPM and Bloodclaw Master, working together? I'd be completely focused on melee combat.

And are flaws allowed, HM? I'm guessing yes, by your "pretty much anything", but I always prefer to be safe rather than sorry. :)

EDIT: I don't think there's a link anywhere that explains what they do, but there's nothing hugely complex. Not like polymorph... ;)

2nd EDIT: And by "what they do", I mean what the maneuvers do... But I will happily e-mail you a write-up of the maneuvers I'll be using (it won't be many, seeing as I'm only going to do a couple levels of Warblade and Bloodclaw Master).

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
HM:

Wealth by Character Level or by ECL (ECL preferred by me, of course, since Character Level will only be 5).

Very good question (unlike whats a +2/+2 feat lol jk)

I think I'm going to rule that you get Character level wealth that will make a few people at least choose ECL +0 races to get more cash besides if I started your 1/2goliath,1/2dragon at lvl 1 you would only get that starting gold right? Not the wealth of a lvl 5 character

Sorry Mowgli that +4 greatsword you were looking at may be a bit expensive lol

HM

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Cool w/ me - obviously, I'd prefer it by ECL, but I totally understand!

On another note - I'm also thinking of a character that would fill a needed spot with Rhun and Dragonwriter. They need a Rogue (and a Cleric, but I don't really like playing clerics).

I'm thinking of a monster race from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting - the Shade. However, there's no LA listed for it. It's got lots of cool abilities, but they're by and large only effective when not in brightly lit surroundings. Do you have the FR Setting? If so, could you come up with a level adjustment for me?

If not, or if it will be too high, I may go with Tiefling instead. Still in the thinking stages.

Remove ads