• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DCC #8 Mysteries of the Drow (CLOSED)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Cool w/ me - obviously, I'd prefer it by ECL, but I totally understand!

On another note - I'm also thinking of a character that would fill a needed spot with Rhun and Dragonwriter. They need a Rogue (and a Cleric, but I don't really like playing clerics).

I'm thinking of a monster race from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting - the Shade. However, there's no LA listed for it. It's got lots of cool abilities, but they're by and large only effective when not in brightly lit surroundings. Do you have the FR Setting? If so, could you come up with a level adjustment for me?

If not, or if it will be too high, I may go with Tiefling instead. Still in the thinking stages.

DON'T LIKE CLERICS!!! DON'T LIKE CLERICS!!!! WHA'YA MEAN YOU DON'T LIKE CLERICS!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Hmm i will need to look up this monster let's see if i can google it. brb

HM

p.s. your in trouble mister

Theroc

First Post
HM, if there is insufficient people for groups, I'd be willing to have a character in multiple groups, though, chances are there will be enough people.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
DON'T LIKE CLERICS!!! DON'T LIKE CLERICS!!!! WHA'YA MEAN YOU DON'T LIKE CLERICS!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Hmm i will need to look up this monster let's see if i can google it. brb

HM

p.s. your in trouble mister

Never mind - it's LA +4 (Found it in Races of Faerun). [sigh]The search goes on. I'm tired; I'll look at Tiefling and Drow tomorrow as possibilities for a Rogue character.

And for the record, I love Clerics - every party needs two or three. I just don't enjoy playing them. (That being said, Pathfinder Clerics are better - I'm playing one and actually liking it).

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Never mind - it's LA +4 (Found it in Races of Faerun). [sigh]The search goes on. I'm tired; I'll look at Tiefling and Drow tomorrow as possibilities for a Rogue character.

And for the record, I love Clerics - every party needs two or three. I just don't enjoy playing them. (That being said, Pathfinder Clerics are better - I'm playing one and actually liking it).

Ah I was looking at FRCS oh well what happened to the 1/2 dragon?? you know someone may come along with a rogue or cleric It is still early in the europe theater (once WD wakes I bet a cleric hits the table) but play what you want if you take a shade I'll be sure to find a drow shade hunter somewhere lol

I won't get to play Brindom (PF Cleric) if the CotCT doesn't get a kick in the pants :(

And there are more then two or three in the Intelligence Service thread lol

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ok time for the HolyMan to get his eight hours so I can pray for spells when I wake. To all those of you "across the pond" most questions have been answered and ask away those we missed and

Happy character making everyone :p

HM

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Morning, HM!

Pathfinder has a Tiefling variant that eliminates the LA (they don't do those in PF as of now) by replacing the Resistance (5 Cold/Electricity/Fire) with a +2 to saves vs. those things and replacing the Darkness ability with an at-will cantrip of choice.

Would this be acceptable?

I know, I know . . . I've gone from LA +4 to LA 0! What can I say - I'm fickle!

Still looking at my options, but this one looks good to me right now.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Good Morning,

Hmm what's that a question before coffee that is not a good way to start the day.

But if I must.. Let's not start changing races that would be way to much work and here at the HolyMan house we hate work. Tieflings are only LA +1
a level 8 Rogue not stong enough (remember I will reward experience during the adventure)

ok coffee time be backs in an hour

HM

Rhun

First Post
I will definitely not be playing Drow, and after looking at my books again, I find that the lowest I would want to swing this would be ECL 8, preferably 9... So, Rhun, wanna partner up? JPM and Bloodclaw Master, working together? I'd be completely focused on melee combat.

Sounds like a plan to me!

Cool On another note - I'm also thinking of a character that would fill a needed spot with Rhun and Dragonwriter. They need a Rogue (and a Cleric, but I don't really like playing clerics).

A cleric could be handy, because we will be getting hit!

Clerics are probably my all time favorite class. Or possibly paladin. It so fun to smite the enemies of one's deity.

Hmm what's that a question before coffee that is not a good way to start the day.

Yes, I agree. I just poured my first cup...so nothing complicated for at least an hour! :D

Remove ads