D&D 5E “Buddy the Elf, what’s your favorite character class?”

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
In general, my favorite classes are Charisma-based: Paladin, Sorcerer, Bard, Warlord, etc.

For Paladin, it's absolutely Redemption. That's the kind of Paladin I always strive to play: one passionately pursuing the best possible world for each and every person, but able to make the call and follow through with it when violence is in fact unavoidable in order to prevent a greater evil.

Sorcerer, it's gotta be Dragon, though I do think Storm is interesting and loved the concept (though not necessarily the execution) of the old 4e Cosmic Sorcerer.

Bard is harder; I like the concept of Valor, but it feels kind of...limiting. Lore makes the world (of knowledge, at least) your oyster. That's pretty compelling for me.

Warlord was absolutely Bravura, back in 4e. I love the idea of bold action and high-risk, high-reward tactics.

Barbarian. No specific subclass, but if I had to choose give me the basic Path of the Berserker.

Why? Because crushing my enemies and seeing them driven before me is the juice that gets me to the table. I wanna break goblins over my knee or behead a troll with a flaming great axe, while screaming like the lead singer of a death metal band the entire time.

Vendral

Explorer
I am a forever DM so I never get to play or make PCs, however I have been looking at a Human Variant Rogue Scout that take Weapon Master as starting Feat to get Whip proficiency.
An Indiana Jones variant...

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
I don’t think I have a favourite class. My least favourite might be the rogue. Can’t remember off the top of my head any rogue I’d have played. I can remember at least one of any other class. Except the warlock, but that’s just because it isn’t a base class in the editions that I usually play. Next 5e character I’ll make is definitely going to be a ’lock.

I just love playing varied characters.

Bard or sorcerer might just be the classes that I’ve played the most.

Last edited:

Stormonu

Legend
My favorite is Paladin, subclass would be Oath of Ancients or Oath of Vengeance. I like paladins and the purity of spirit/morals they stand for. Which is odd, because in movies and other media, I usually like the villian moreso than the heroes.

In real life, I'd be a bard. Jack of all trades, master of none. The wizardy I know is, of course, computers & programming. No musical instrument for me, just oral storytelling.

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
Barbarian. No specific subclass, but if I had to choose give me the basic Path of the Berserker.

Why? Because crushing my enemies and seeing them driven before me is the juice that gets me to the table. I wanna break goblins over my knee or behead a troll with a flaming great axe, while screaming like the lead singer of a death metal band the entire time.
Haha indeed!

I used to play a fat “non-good” barbarian in AD&D 1e. Beserker is All I would play now for exactly the reasons you mention!

We used to cue the Conan soundtrack for some of those old games.

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
I don’t think I have a favourite class. My least favourite might be the rogue. Can’t remember off the top of my head any rogue I’d have played. I can remember at least one of any other class. Except the warlock, but that’s just because it isn’t a base class in the editions that I usually play. Next 5e character I’ll make is definitely going to be a ’lock.

I just love playing varied characters.

Bard or sorcerer might just be the classes that I’ve played the most.
At first I was like “warlock? What the heck is this? Invocations, mystic arcanum, I don’t get it.” Now it’s almost all I play! I have a new one lined up If given the chance.

I play lots of armored warlocks. Usually take moderately armored and frequently blade boon but then throw in cool tricks and personality…still have not tired of them

Hexblade is the best iteration of swordmage in 5e, and I love me some swordmagery.

It gives enough magic, and enough bridge between magic and weapon, to feel like I'm using the two together, something no other gishy option does well.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
I have always liked the odd classes.

from pure thematic, I would kill for a working 5e psion/mystic but I know there are far more likely things.
I enjoy monks but wish they were built better.
have an idea for a druid character in my head that I want to make.

Remove ads