• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

1 Minute Duration Spells

Crazy Jerome

First Post
The actual useful results doesn't go away... we just stop using the terms that piss some people off.

This part, however, is marginal utility. People pissed off about that kind of stuff are often pissed off at a whole host of things, and you can't write the game to cover every one of their irritants. What it will help with are the people who are pissed off about one or two particular things, but otherwise reasonable. :)

eamon

Explorer
House-"defining" it to be 1 encounter is fine.

I think you can get away with neither houseruling it nor tracking the duration in most cases, however. In practice, for 99% of all fights it's going to be utterly obvious it doesn't matter - nobody need to count to tell that 5 rounds aren't 10. The one time it does, I don't mind recounting the battle to count the rounds. Especially if the DM kind of knows its coming (when this combat is over, the ogre next door comes knocking...) and can keep count himself that one time. So I think I'm just going to suggest winging it to my group, and accepting that we might get the count wrong in a minor fashion once or twice. Certainly won't be the first or last time I forget to apply some effect...

Only when people start buffing before battle might it matter, and it's fine by me that they then need to count rounds in that case.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads