12 Demon Cults From Kobold Press

Kobold Press' latest Kickstarter is for D&D 5E and for Pathfinder, and is a 120-page book detailing a dozen or so demonic cults from their Midgard setting (although designed to work with others). You get the PDF for $17, or the print version for $29. For each cult, you also get sample cultists at a range of CRs, new monsters, and cult-specific magic. Thematically, there are Egyptian-themed and Nordic-themed cults as well as various cults created for Kobold Press' Southlands. Click on that charming chap below to jump straight there!

Kobold Press' latest Kickstarter is for D&D 5E and for Pathfinder, and is a 120-page book detailing a dozen or so demonic cults from their Midgard setting (although designed to work with others). You get the PDF for $17, or the print version for $29. For each cult, you also get sample cultists at a range of CRs, new monsters, and cult-specific magic. Thematically, there are Egyptian-themed and Nordic-themed cults as well as various cults created for Kobold Press' Southlands. Click on that charming chap below to jump straight there!

1748fe6ccef576139293e883f4feaa9f_original.jpg

Shasarak

Banned
Banned
Is it just me, or do the Hellborn gnomes seem a little pricey?

I think I will just stick with the non-Gnome filled version.

Monkey King

Explorer
Is it just me, or do the Hellborn gnomes seem a little pricey? .

The Art Portfolio edition comes with the designer signatures, art prints, and the gnomes PDF. It's a limited edition version of the book.

It's definitely more a collector's item than the regular edition. However, unless you are talking about the Cobra-Skin hardcover, I would not call it pricey.

Marc Radle

Legend
Probably not for me.
Sounds cool ... but I just don't use demons and cults enough.

Just to reiterate what others have said ...

This is called "Demon Cults & Secret Societies". For folks that don't tend to use demons and/or cults in their games, this is also a book about secret societies, and almost every game can benefit from a great secret society or two!

Plus, you can very easily take one of the cults or secret societies and swap out the demon influence for a dark god, mysterious entity or other big bad evil more appropriate to your game or campaign world.

Saplatt

Explorer
I'm a big fan of Tome of Beasts, (even with the quibbles) but I was going to give Demon Cults a pass, mainly because I'm all culted-out after the Tiamat and Elemental Evil adventure paths. And I don't use the Midgard setting.

But on further inspection, I can easily adapt several of these groups for my use in less epic (but more devious) ways. Add in the new monsters and magic items and NPCs and this looks like a winner.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads