2 new Ravnica Novels coming in 2019

gyor

Legend
I had them at the time as I got them via fatpacks. I tried reading them but failed, might be an age thing I was in my late 20's when Ravnica landed. Apparently the Kamigawa and Ravnica ones are some of the better ones, Ravnica is my personal favourite setting/block etc. The relative few good MTG novels stand out, the D&D ones have their crappers as well but its more 50/50 perhaps (MtG was more like 3/14 or so). During 3Es run the D&D novels seemed to hit a high point, the Drizzt ones were not out right awful the Dark Elf ones were good, and you had the Sembia ones people liked and Elaine Cunningham had quite a few good ones and even some Drizzt ones were good. You have to go back to the TSR ones for the dreck which was kind of counter balanced out by the good ones.

D&D had a few whiffs in the Dragonlance and FR ones IIRC but I even a few of the meh ones were not out right awful or I can't finish this book bad although I do remember bottom feeders like Volos Once Around the Realms.

Cormyr, Evermeet, the Brimstone Angels Saga, The Sundering, Venom in Her Veins, Darkvision, Lady of Poison, Azure Bonds, anything by Paul S. Kemp, Red Magic, Broken Chain duology, all great FR novels. I admit to not liking some FR novels, but there are tons I love.

Zardnaar

Legend
Cormyr, Evermeet, the Brimstone Angels Saga, The Sundering, Venom in Her Veins, Darkvision, Lady of Poison, Azure Bonds, anything by Paul S. Kemp, Red Magic, Broken Chain duology, all great FR novels. I admit to not liking some FR novels, but there are tons I love.

There is more than that as well. There are a handful of good MtG novels maybe 5-8, for a while there were 2 or 3.

Remove ads