• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

2 Questions: The Best 4e Modules and What Edition do You Suggest?

Obryn

Hero
One advantage to 1e is that you can pick up OSRIC for free as a 1e clone. It's 100% compatible with 1e, near as I can tell, and you could run any of the classic modules with it without a problem.

-O

Herschel

Adventurer
My choice would be 1E/2E or 4E.

1E/2E has the classics and is relatively short on suplerfluous rules (they're listed directly as options instead of canon).

4E is current and has the shiny new stuff being produced.

Jack99

Adventurer
Best adventures for 4e: Wrath of the River King, Demon Queen's Enclave, and the 2 first adventures for WotBS (Scouring of Gate Pass and the Indomitable Fire Forest of Innenotdar. I also like DCC58 a lot (The Forgotten Portal). Looking the way 4e War of the Burning Sky is heading, I would definitely consider that if you want to buy a campaign.

The_Gneech

Explorer
I'm seriously loving me some Goodman Games 4E stuff. Punjar is a terrific setting that in one stroke managed to get past my hostility to 4E (and let's be honest, there was a lot) and find the good stuff on the other side. I'd go so far as to say the new Dungeon Crawl Classics have made 4E not suck in a way I didn't think possible.

Thank you, Goodman Games, for giving me back D&D! :)

-The Gneech :cool:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads