• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

2005 WotC d20 Modern product: d20 Apocalypse

ragboy

Explorer
malladin said:
This actually gets me thinking something - would D20 Modern be a good system to do Dark Sun? (obviously without the guns :) ).
Hmmm. Why not _with_ guns. Like those crazy 'rock shooting' airguns that were in...crap...can't remember. Was it one of the Star Trek movies? But I agree, Dark Sun would play well with d20 Modern/Future, though you'd have to do a lot of work on psionics.

Emiricol

HAR-Vee said:
Weird that folks are excited by a WotC post-apoc release when Darwin's World has been out for years. After seeing WotC's quality (which is still very good), I don't think they can beat RPGO in any arena except color printing. Strangely ironic that Darwin's world just sold out too (but it may still be in your FLGS).
Darwin's World II is superior (and 3 to 4 times more pages). I hope this D20 Apocalypse has stuff I can plug into DWII, though. That'd be very cool! I'm hopeful since the DWII stuff is D20Modern.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Should be interesting.

On another note, I see quite a few fans of Darwin's World. Has everyone written a review of it to let others know what you think? I know that it's still out as a PDF and that retailers still have copies.

More reviews will help the company support sales and more sales hopefully equals more products right?

JPL

Adventurer
The more the merrier, I say.

Hopefully some of the good "open content" bits from some of these other games will find their way into d20 Apocalypse.

lp

First Post
I'm sure someone will pipe up with reviews for DW2, I just did a quick search of the review database for 'darwin' and a whole bunch popped up. Its a lot of reading because rpgo releases giant chunks of the hardcover as pdfs, so you have to look at the dw2 hardcover, survivors handbook, campaign guide, and terrors of the twisted earth.

Anyway if you want to skip reading all the reviews I'll give my condensed version right here.

Golden.

:)

Darrin Drader

Explorer
BrooklynKnight said:
Darrin Drader...blech. That lowers the books value about 10 fold. So far I've not liked any book he's had his claws on. From Exalted Deeds which was terrible compared to Vile Darkness, to Serpent Kingdoms. Hell, had Ed Greenwood not co-authored that realms book, I would have passed on it all together.
Sounds like sour grapes because I refused to participate in your fanboy interviews and called you out for being a lamer when you were bashing Nothingland.

Let me spell this out for you ArthurQ. You are a loser.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Emiricol said:
Darwin's World II is superior (and 3 to 4 times more pages). I hope this D20 Apocalypse has stuff I can plug into DWII, though. That'd be very cool! I'm hopeful since the DWII stuff is D20Modern.
I doubt you'll be disappointed.

BrooklynKnight

First Post
Whisperfoot said:
Sounds like sour grapes because I refused to participate in your fanboy interviews and called you out for being a lamer when you were bashing Nothingland.

Let me spell this out for you ArthurQ. You are a loser.
Sourgrapes? I'm sorry that would be completly unprofessional on my part. If someone is to buzy to participate in an online chat for a product they have worked on, that is entirly their perogative. Me and my fellow moderators/chat organizers know the strenous schedule WOTC Writers/Freelancers can be on.

I honestly feel your writing is not onpar with that of other developers. I'm sorry you feel I have sour grapes but that simply is not the case. Perhaps with time you'll become better. But please, do not call me a looser simply because I do not agree with your work. That is being unprofessional as well. And lets not forget, personal attacks on individuals are prohibited at Enworld.

BrooklynKnight

First Post
Vigilance said:
Just plain rude.

Chuck
Since when is it rude to point out your distaste for someones work on a posting board? Its no less rude for him to call me a lamer and a loser, now is it?

Though I admit i could have been more tactfull

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads