D&D 5E 20th level Sorcerer vs the world

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
"You can't cast guidance and search on the same turn."

Guidance and Search actions are free, It doesn't care.
Guidance is 1 action. Search is also an action, if you want a roll. Otherwise, it's passive perception for you, and Guidance doesn't help there.
"You can't ready actions outside of initiative."

I strongly disagree
That's okay, it's the rules. Disagree all you want.

"Two turn prep or you're burning spell points to quicken. And, if you quicken, it's not subtle, or distant. In fact, it can't be both subtle and distant. Empower is the only thing on your "normal" list that works with others."

Instakill the enemy at 660ft is what we need.
So... you aren't casting spells subtly all the time? Need verification on this, because it opens a whole new realm of vectors -- "send an illusion, get nuked, ID sorcerer," kind of thing. Neat!
"Okay -- guys, the sorcerer is always hovering at over 600ft high. Do with this as you will, but he's never lower. However, this is a great relief to many people, as he's only got the one big attack a day that can reach that far. Pulls a lot of teeth, really. This is all good news."

We can find you easily.
we are much more likely to find you than you cause a threat.
You can't, your only trick is the Retriever, which is actually arduous and time consuming (months, likely) with lots of slow travel destroying everything in your path and earning lots and lots of enemies. It's not actually useful. Plus, when the retriever falls 600+ ft after being summoned (you have to stay high because of Rangers!), it'll start off badly banged up.

And, again, the DMM is not "personally acquainted" with the targets you're trying to Retrieve.
An army of zombies are on the ground with Inspire Leadership, destroying everything along the way, where are you going to hide?
Well, you can't Inspire Leadership from 600 feet up, so maybe the Ranger attacks during your daily, timed routine of speechifying? I mean, speeching for 10 minutes per 6 zombies is quite some time, yeah? As I said above, the zombies, even with doubled hp from temp, aren't really a threat at all. Plus, you've used your 7th level slot on a daily basis, so how are you getting the two Finger of Death zombies a day, again?

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
The Demigod uses Scrying against the Wizard's simulacrum.
Teleport them. Surprise burst.
Win.
Oh, wait, Scry how? It's not on your spell list, so you've cheated again. Teleport is also not on your spell list, so you've cheated once more. Please stop cheating.

EDIT: ah, you've even edited the OP, so as to hide your cheating. Sad.

Hohige

Explorer
Guidance is 1 action. Search is also an action, if you want a roll. Otherwise, it's passive perception for you, and Guidance doesn't help there.

That's okay, it's the rules. Disagree all you want.

So... you aren't casting spells subtly all the time? Need verification on this, because it opens a whole new realm of vectors -- "send an illusion, get nuked, ID sorcerer," kind of thing. Neat!

You can't, your only trick is the Retriever, which is actually arduous and time consuming (months, likely) with lots of slow travel destroying everything in your path and earning lots and lots of enemies. It's not actually useful. Plus, when the retriever falls 600+ ft after being summoned (you have to stay high because of Rangers!), it'll start off badly banged up.

And, again, the DMM is not "personally acquainted" with the targets you're trying to Retrieve.

Well, you can't Inspire Leadership from 600 feet up, so maybe the Ranger attacks during your daily, timed routine of speechifying? I mean, speeching for 10 minutes per 6 zombies is quite some time, yeah? As I said above, the zombies, even with doubled hp from temp, aren't really a threat at all. Plus, you've used your 7th level slot on a daily basis, so how are you getting the two Finger of Death zombies a day, again?

"Guidance is 1 action. Search is also an action, if you want a roll. Otherwise, it's passive perception for you, and Guidance doesn't help there."
Cast guidance, It 1 minute duration, after it Search Action.

"So... you aren't casting spells subtly all the time? Need verification on this, because it opens a whole new realm of vectors -- "send an illusion, get nuked, ID sorcerer," kind of thing. Neat!"

It's 3 clear spellcaster, MMD, simulacrum and the Sorcerer. Nothing new.

"Well, you can't Inspire Leadership from 600 feet up, so maybe the Ranger attacks during your daily, timed routine of speechifying? I mean, speeching for 10 minutes per 6 zombies is quite some time, yeah? As I said above, the zombies, even with doubled hp from temp, aren't really a threat at all. Plus, you've used your 7th level slot on a daily basis, so how are you getting the two Finger of Death zombies a day, again?"

Use inspire leadership on his home. It lasts until they long rest, but they don't need long rest. It lasts until they die.

""

Sure, they are in combat. Waiting the enemy appear.

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
Scry is a Cleric Spell.
You didn't have it in your OP build -- you've cheated it in later. This is tacit admission that your Demigod was killed, and you've subbed in another. Same with teleport.

Okay, guys, round... 9? The Sorcerer is dead, long live the Sorcerer?

Not that worried about Scrying -- we wizards can easily live comfortably in our homes, warded as they are, or afford to cast Mind Blank when out an about, without any loss of offensive power. So, add those two things -- a small bit of prep on the homestead and a little precaution since the Sorcerer is a bit crazier, now, and it's a thing.

Actually, one day the Sorcerer does scry my wizard at home! Oh, no, my wards! You teleport in, with... who? Doesn't matter. When you arrive, the glyphs go off, and you die. My wizard clucks sadly and sets about dismissing the illusions and cleaning up the area where he laid the trap.

10 INT for the loss, amiright?

Hohige

Explorer
Okay, guys, round... 9? The Sorcerer is dead, long live the Sorcerer?

Not that worried about Scrying -- we wizards can easily live comfortably in our homes, warded as they are, or afford to cast Mind Blank when out an about, without any loss of offensive power. So, add those two things -- a small bit of prep on the homestead and a little precaution since the Sorcerer is a bit crazier, now, and it's a thing.

Actually, one day the Sorcerer does scry my wizard at home! Oh, no, my wards! You teleport in, with... who? Doesn't matter. When you arrive, the glyphs go off, and you die. My wizard clucks sadly and sets about dismissing the illusions and cleaning up the area where he laid the trap.

10 INT for the loss, amiright?

"Not that worried about Scrying -- we wizards can easily live comfortably in our homes, warded as they are, or afford to cast Mind Blank when out an about, without any loss of offensive power. So, add those two things -- a small bit of prep on the homestead and a little precaution since the Sorcerer is a bit crazier, now, and it's a thing."

The Simulacrum isn't with Mind Blank. The Scrying affects the Simulacrum.

"Actually, one day the Sorcerer does scry my wizard at home! Oh, no, my wards! You teleport in, with... who? Doesn't matter. When you arrive, the glyphs go off, and you die. My wizard clucks sadly and sets about dismissing the illusions and cleaning up the area where he laid the trap."

Wrong, because we fly. We are immune to glyph of warding.

Are you trapped at home?

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
"Guidance is 1 action. Search is also an action, if you want a roll. Otherwise, it's passive perception for you, and Guidance doesn't help there."
Cast guidance, It 1 minute duration, after it Search Action.
So, then, not every round? You're tasking your simulacrums pretty strongly -- if this is the standing order, we don't even have to worry about the DMM in the opening of the fight -- they're still searching until you update the direction set. Thanks for the removal of a foe. And also the ID that the DMM isn't the boss -- elsewise why are they on permanent guard duty? So, not the first target.

I do wish you'd make up your mind about the sameness of everyone so that it's "impossible" to tell the difference, but then assigning clear and recognizable behavior patterns to all of them.
"So... you aren't casting spells subtly all the time? Need verification on this, because it opens a whole new realm of vectors -- "send an illusion, get nuked, ID sorcerer," kind of thing. Neat!"

It's 3 clear spellcaster, MMD, simulacrum and the Sorcerer. Nothing new.
And the MDD isn't you, because permanent guard duty. What's your Sim doing, again?
"Well, you can't Inspire Leadership from 600 feet up, so maybe the Ranger attacks during your daily, timed routine of speechifying? I mean, speeching for 10 minutes per 6 zombies is quite some time, yeah? As I said above, the zombies, even with doubled hp from temp, aren't really a threat at all. Plus, you've used your 7th level slot on a daily basis, so how are you getting the two Finger of Death zombies a day, again?"

Use inspire leadership on his home. It lasts until they long rest, but they don't need long rest. It lasts until they die.
Ah, so your max speed is "Zombie." That'll put a damper on things!

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
"Not that worried about Scrying -- we wizards can easily live comfortably in our homes, warded as they are, or afford to cast Mind Blank when out an about, without any loss of offensive power. So, add those two things -- a small bit of prep on the homestead and a little precaution since the Sorcerer is a bit crazier, now, and it's a thing."

The Simulacrum isn't with Mind Blank. The Scrying affects the Simulacrum.
Talking about you using scrying on the Wizard(s) -- the Wizard uses Mind Blank.

Take your time, read all of the words, and, as good practice, read them a second time.

Remove ads