D&D 5E 20th level Sorcerer vs the world

Hohige

Explorer
"DM pwease help me!" Because, you can't find a rule that says this happens, and I can find the rule that says the DM determines if an action succeeds automatically, fails automatically, or requires a roll. If it requires a roll, the GM picks the check and sets the DC and determines the outcomes (pass or fail). You have no ability to declare this to be true, at all. This isn't 3.x with diplomancy.

Everything has a Check against a DC or creature's insight. 30 is nearly impossible, as you see in the player's book.

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
Sims only use resources against powerful enemies.
Okay, then, so the Sorcerer doesn't have a 9th level slot, an 8th level slot, and is down 1 5th level slot. We'll ignore that one because you're going to spend your time short resting often and get that back. Oh, wait, that's another "DM pwease help me" because rests aren't automatic, and the DM can, by the rules, set limits on how often you can benefit from a rest.

The Sims did cast stuff, though -- your Primary Sim is out the spells needed to summon the celestial (5th level slot) and upcasted planar binding (180 days, right?) so the Sim is out a 9th (not copied) and now an 8th and a 5th, which he cannot regain, even through sorcery points (if you're going to be a stickler about the specifics of the rule, it does say spell slots and doesn't make an exception for font of magic -- although technically the amount of spell point is part of an ability, which is it barred from ever increasing).

You have a 20th level spellcaster and his Sim that can't cast spells over 7th level, very interesting. Also, one of your Celestials is going away in 3 months, and you can't really get it back easily because the sim can't Planar Bind it like that again. Eventually, your sim is tapped on 5th level slots, and higher slots, if you're keeping the second Celestial around. Yours? Sure, you can maintain that one okay.

It is very unlikely that an army will form with many creatures against him.
I can even say, that he can easily govern exercises for his Leadership (Inspire Leadership feat, Who doesn't love it?) and power of destruction.

The guys whose wives and children your just killed because their town was in the direct line between you and the last guy who scried at you (which will become daily occurrence as powers will try to gather information on the rampaging HUN-HAT).

Zio_the_dark

The dark one :)
By my count before creating any spell slots, your sorcerer is down all 1st and 2nd level spell slots (regaining 10 sorcery points), 1 4th an 1 5th level slot (death ward and seeming), his 7th level (aid), his 9th level (wish) and he has 19 sorcery points left.
It's morning just after the long rest...

Hohige

Explorer
Okay, then, so the Sorcerer doesn't have a 9th level slot, an 8th level slot, and is down 1 5th level slot. We'll ignore that one because you're going to spend your time short resting often and get that back. Oh, wait, that's another "DM pwease help me" because rests aren't automatic, and the DM can, by the rules, set limits on how often you can benefit from a rest.

The Sims did cast stuff, though -- your Primary Sim is out the spells needed to summon the celestial (5th level slot) and upcasted planar binding (180 days, right?) so the Sim is out a 9th (not copied) and now an 8th and a 5th, which he cannot regain, even through sorcery points (if you're going to be a stickler about the specifics of the rule, it does say spell slots and doesn't make an exception for font of magic -- although technically the amount of spell point is part of an ability, which is it barred from ever increasing).

You have a 20th level spellcaster and his Sim that can't cast spells over 7th level, very interesting. Also, one of your Celestials is going away in 3 months, and you can't really get it back easily because the sim can't Planar Bind it like that again. Eventually, your sim is tapped on 5th level slots, and higher slots, if you're keeping the second Celestial around. Yours? Sure, you can maintain that one okay.

It is not because you use an effect totally dependent on DM fiat that everything is now DM fiat. Haha ha

Remove ads