D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Boots of springing and striding.

hong

WotC's bitch
FreeTheSlaves said:

No thanks, I'll play d&d.

Which is, of course, very different to D&D. d&d is the strange lesser version of D&D which we don't like to talk about in polite company, so I'll thank you not to mention it again.

drnuncheon

Explorer
Fedifensor said:
Can someone tell me why a barbarian can run faster than a monk, if both are in an antimagic field?

They can't (except at 1st and 2nd level). Both the barbarian and the monk have their fast movements as an (Ex) ability.

J

Fedifensor

Explorer
drnuncheon said:
They can't (except at 1st and 2nd level). Both the barbarian and the monk have their fast movements as an (Ex) ability.
3.5 is showing that the bonus is an enhancement bonus. Aren't enhancement bonuses gained from magic items, rather than extraordinary abilities? Or is WotC making an exception just to make sure the monk can't use any magic to increase their speed?

Darklone

hong said:
When they could have been flying at 60' or 90' for 2 hours per day, for spending 12k a piece, it's not exactly broken.
Correct me if I'm wrong, hong, but the fly spell got nerved to 60ft and 40ft in armour?

drnuncheon

Explorer
Fedifensor said:
3.5 is showing that the bonus is an enhancement bonus. Aren't enhancement bonuses gained from magic items, rather than extraordinary abilities? Or is WotC making an exception just to make sure the monk can't use any magic to increase their speed?

Look right after the name. Both of them are Fast Movement (Ex): That Ex, Su or Sp is what determines whether or not it can be used in an antimagic field, not the type of bonus.

Note also that masterwork weapons get a +1 enhancement bonus on attack rolls, and they are not magic items.

J

Remove ads