• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 buying with 4E on the horizon

How many 3.5 books will you be buying now that 4E has been announced?

• I se myself buying a lot of 3.5 books/pdfs I was not planning to buy

Votes: 12 5.2%
  • I se myself buying a few 3.5 books/pdfs I was not planning to buy

Votes: 64 27.5%
  • I wasn't going to buy any 3.5 books/pdfs and I am sticking with it

Votes: 70 30.0%
  • I never bought any 3.5 books/pdfs at any time.

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • I play another system, but am planning on picking up a few books now.

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • I like that this poll creator cannot count how many options he really needs.

Votes: 74 31.8%

• Poll closed .

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Jhaelen said:
Strange poll options... I'm probably going to buy fewer 3.5 books than originally planned. E.g. no adventure modules (I've already got more than enough to last until 4th ed is up and running).

Yes, exactly. And I am not afraid to say that I will buy less, especially since its not looking too backwards compatible. More importantly...I have to save my money for all those 4thed books ;)

Shadeydm

First Post
I ordered Bo9S and MM V from amazon yesterday so not much of a change. The fact that some of the mechanics from Bo9S have supposedly been added to 4E was the deciding factor in my buying a book I have been skeptical about in the past. So I guess it did have some effect.

Kaladhan

First Post
I was planning a few purchases, but since I will probably move quickly to 4E (or at least buy those books when they go out), I stopped buying 3.5E books entirely. I wouldn't be surprised if RPG companines have a hard time in the next couple of months.

DM_Jeff

Explorer
I will happily continue to purchase the 3.5 books coming out until early next year I was already planning on buying. Then I'll be all done! What a neat feeling this is.

My wife and I are already planning new, exciting things to do with the extra money we'll have next year!

Wombat

First Post
Well, given that I stopped buying 3.X books about two and a half years ago ... I'd say that I will probably not be buying any more in the near future.

Makes it pretty simple :)

James Heard

Explorer
I might buy a 3.5 book if it's at the right price, but it's looking more likely than ever than I'm going to be putting my investment in companies other than WOTC in the future - until 4E comes out and only if 4E doesn't end up giving me the same bad taste at launch as it does right now. Why buy something that won't be supported at full price though? If WOTC had kept publishing Dungeon and Dragon then I might have bought them, but basically they've instead sold me on nearly a year's worth of not buying a single product or licensed product from Wizards.

Dragon Snack

First Post
In the end, I'll probably buy more 3.5 books than I was planning. At a deep discount. Even my FLGSs 30% discount isn't going to cut it, but if I find 3.5 books at $5-10 I'm there. I may have to wait until next year, but eventually they will get that low.

However, even that is on hold right now, since I'm not sure what my group will want to play. The battle lines have been drawn, we have 2 all for the change and 2 who want to stay 3.5 (3 if you count the fact that I'm not hearing anything that's exciting me). It could very well break up my group, leading me to buy nothing...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads