[3.5] Champions of Bloodscale Clan

hellrazor111

First Post
"We have done good work brothers." says Aurix triumphantly, walking over to the plant-kobold's, picking valuables from their dead bodies with Zaryz. When they have finished, Aurix puts his hand on Zaryz's shoulder , saying "I believe we all will need to rest before we continue."

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
The Champions quickly search the area, including the nearest open room. Most of the plant-kobolds' equipment is primitive. Their spears are little more than sharpened, fire-hardened sticks. There are, however, several strange objects discovered:

* Four more of the small cards.
* A metal cylinder about a foot long and three inches across its base. One ends sports what appears to be a small lever.
* Two egg-shaped metal objects. One end is flattened. This flattened area has a small dial and a small lever.
* Four gems: a tourmaline, a red-brown spinel, a black pearl, and a small piece of malachite.

Leaving the carnage behind, the Champions return to the entrance. Nothing has changed. The door leading back out to the mountains remains closed. The circular pit leading down to the lower level yawns blackly.

Settling in for a well-deserved rest, the group establishes a guard order and makes themselves as comfortable as possible. The hours pass without incident, except for one event. The door leading back out to the mountains slides open. Sunlight spills into the strange place. It remains open for a brief time, and then slides closed once again.

Arkhandus

First Post
Zaryz takes the small malachite and the miscellaneous trinkets, wondering at their purpose. He allows the others to take the more-valuable items. "Thesze sstrange deviscez may have ssomething to do with the metal doorsz here. I will exsperiment with them later to ssee," he mentions.

After the group rests and he spends a little time focusing on the power stored within his memories, Zaryz is satisfied to find that despite straining his mind yesterday, his headache is nearly gone and he can feel the power thrumming in his memories once more. Zaryz dons his armor again and readies his gear, gesturing towards where the group had just been last night. He slowly leads the way back in that direction.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
OOC: Arkhandus, did Zaryz want to examine items while the party is resting. If so, which items?

Also, not to be pessimistic, but it seems as if my erratic schedule may have killed this game.

:(

hellrazor111

First Post
(I'm here)

Stretching, Aurix has a smile on his face, feeling the arcane energy running strongly through him again. Taking a look at the egg things, he says, "Maybe these go to that contraption in the pit?"

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
OOC: I'm still here too.

Daragix rises in the morning and makes his prayers, refreshing his spells granted from his god. The dragon kobold gestures towards the sliding door. "It would appear we are on something of a schedule."

He readjusts his light chain over his large frame, as he slept in it last night, and lifts his shortspear and shield. "Shall we be going further in?"

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
One thing that does get noticed when natural daylight illuminates the area after the door opens is that the various small, card-sized rectangles of hard material are of different colors. Via darkvision, these colors were not discernable. The cards are yellow, violet, red, brown, and gray. The party also still has the strange bracelet found on the second level.

All ways first available upon entering this strange place still await exploration.

OOC: Actions? Plans? Et cetera?

Remove ads