[3.5] Champions of Bloodscale Clan

Dragonwriter

First Post
Daragix takes advantage of Zaryz' vacated space and steps forward, trying to skewer the plant-kobold with his shortspear.

"A plant dragon-kobold? Hold places! Let us thin the numbers first!"

[sblock=OOC]
5-ft. step forward and attack.
Attack Roll: 10
Hopefully a damage, but I doubt it...: 8
[/sblock]

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
OOC: Sorry you all waited so long for such a miserable post from me. This turned into an increasingly unpleasant week at work with an rapid influx of several new emotionally disturbed students being added to almost all of my classes. I'll get you all back on track ASAP.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Plant-Kobolds! (Round 4)

Daragix cries out in vain, "A plant dragon-kobold? Hold places! Let us thin the numbers first!"

Zaryz is satisfied to see the smaller plant-kobold topple under his might, though it gets right back up, flailing away in futility at the inexorable Zaryz. Such feeble attempts. Zaryz decides to teach the other plant-kobold the same lesson in opposing him. He repeats the savage rush, plowing forward over the plant-kobold between him and the new group of plant-kobolds, stopping just in front of the lead plant-kobold in that second group. However, this time Zaryz slips on some plant-kobold sap and plant-kobold pieces, making his rush awkward. Nevertheless, Zaryz knocks the plant-kobold flat on its back.

As he rushes past, the plant-kobold lashes out, striking a glancing blow off Zaryz's hip. It does little damage, but Zaryz is certain he's added another bruise to his growing collection.

"Two more! And a plant dragon-kobold!" he hisses out to his comrades.

The plant-kobold just knocked prone rolls to its feet and pursues Zaryz, its crude spear at the ready. The monsters mount their attack. Spears glance off Zaryz's shield, and Krixle nimbly ducks under a third attack.

Krixle will attempt to tumble around the plant thing, putting himself in between any foes and Zaryz. As he passes, he'll slash at it with his claws, throwing his momentum into a quite deft strike. The monster goes

Aurix rushes down the hall, past Krixle and the downed monster. Then, speaking the same arcane words over again, Aurix again launches a volley of force missiles from his fingers at the plant-kobolds. Daragix, now with a shortage of targets, follows.

As Daragix moves into position, the plant dragon-kobold raises its hands, one holding a stone axe, and yells loudly in a strange tongue. It then steps back, dropping to one knee, still holding up its hands, while four more plant-kobolds enter the corridor to take up defensive positions. Each appears to have a spear ready to throw.

OOC: I took a couple of liberties to try to keep things moving.

[sblock=Combat Box]
Initiative Order: Zaryz (6), Monsters (5), Krixle (5), Aurix (5), Daragix (2), Leader (1).
Aurix: uninjured.
Krixle: 15 lethal.
Daragix: 3 nonlethal, 4 lethal.
Zaryz: 3 nonlethal; +5 hp (vigor).
Monsters: #4 (5 lethal); #5 (4 lethal); five dead; others uninjured.
Current Map N.B. The red 6 indicates the Medium-size plant creature.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Dice Rolls]
Resist Check vs. Overrun: I forgot to cut-and-paste. Its total was in the negatives.
AoO vs. Zaryz: 1d20+2=17, 1d4=3, 1d20+2=8, 1d4=2.
Plant-Kobold Attacks: 1d20+2=13, 1d4=2, 1d20+2=14, 1d4=3, 1d20+2=9, 1d4=2.
[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Zaryz steps up to better line up a shot at the plant dragon-kobold, and focuses his will once more. Calling forth the memories of the Clan forges where his armor and many of the Champions' weapons were forged, Zaryz directs that searing heat at the plant-kobolds before him. He points forward, and a roaring bolt of shimmering heat and flame blasts down the corridor, incinerating plant-kobold flesh. The air stinks of burnt vegetables.

Zaryz staggers for a moment after unleashing the inferno, feeling dizzy and weary, a pounding headache raging through his overstressed brain. "I....cannot do that again," is all he manages to hiss out in Draconic, staggering about for a few seconds as he regains his bearings.

[sblock=ooc]5-foot step up and back to be in-line with the bigger plant-creature, but with a 5-foot gap between him and the nearest plant-kobold, then manifesting Energy Bolt - Fire. 5d6+5 damage in a 120-foot line, Reflex DC 16 halves, costing 5 power points. With the rules for lines, and Zaryz directing the center of it between both lines of plant-kobolds, all of the plant-kobolds in that direction will be burned.

21 fire damage, close to average. It'll go through the open door at the end of the corridor, with 85 feet of range beyond the door's threshhold. Dunno if there's anything in there though, yet!
5d6+5=21

Active Effects: Biofeedback (DR 2/-, 3.6/5 minutes remaining), Vigor (5 temporary HP, 4.4/5 minutes remaining)

Zaryz's Condition: AC 17, Armor Conversion 6, DR 2/-, HP 28/23, Nonlethal 3, Initiative 6, 2/30 power points[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
((Assuming Zaryz' blast doesn't fry all of them...))

Daragix hisses and rushes forward, trying to stab the nearest plant-kobold, if any of them are still standing after the massive blast of flame.

[sblock=OOC]
Move however far forward I need and attack: Shortspear (19) for 4 damage.[/sblock]

Assuming there's both room for him to move, and a target for him to attack, Krixle will also move forward and claw at the nearest plant-kobold. Still bearing the wounds from last time, he'll keep his head up and eyes open for new threats.

[sblock=ooc]
fighting defensively
If there's anything to attack, Krixle will move in and claw it. If its not more than 10 feet away, then its only 2 damage. Also, not sure on the rules for fighting defensively, but if its a move action, then Krixle gets a 24 to hit.
([17, 3], [2, 6]) Atk 20, 8 damage
Roll Lookup
I really like this online rolling thing. I'm lucky here too so far.
[/sblock]

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Recent drama in my life has included not only an emergency room visit to be misdiagnosed but also a car accident. Since I've taken forever to get this game moving again, I'm going "fast-forward" the fight, so to speak.

Between Zaryz's blast of flame and weapons wielded by Aurix, Krixle, and Daragix, the fight in the hall comes to a quick, violent end. The plant-kobolds fall, charred or hacked or crushed. After, the only sound in the corridor is the rapid breathing of the champions as they survey their handiwork.

The corridor continues to the west. A few of the doors stand open.

[sblock=XP!]
488 XP each!
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Box]
Aurix: uninjured.
Krixle: 15 lethal.
Daragix: 3 nonlethal, 4 lethal.
Zaryz: 3 nonlethal; +5 hp (vigor).
[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Zaryz breathes heavily and closes his eyes for a few seconds, recovering somewhat from the effort of igniting such powerful flames with willpower alone. "I.....need to resst ssoon. I have exxerted too much energy on scouting and desstroying plant-koboldss. I might be able to handle one more battle, ssmaller than thiss one. In my pressent sstate, I can only smash plant-koboldss, and only if I remove thiss armor. I can sstill crussh the mindss of a few more darkmantless. Then I will not be of much usse until I have sslept well. We should find a ssecure placce to resst ssoon." the dragon kobold hisses out wearily.

He takes a brief look into the messy room behind, after examining the last few dead plant-kobolds, especially the big one, for a moment. He's not going to do an extensive ransacking, but will take anything easily noticeable enough that could be valuable or useful. Then he'll check the nearest open room.

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Daragix also takes a short look around, taking a second to stab the giant plant-kobold once more, partly to make sure it is dead, partly for his own pleasure.

"If you need rest, I think the large room near where we entered may be best. We can hear things coming from there. Should make good place to keep watch while others sleep."

Remove ads