D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 Druid (again)

Dimwhit

Explorer
Anyone hear about Greater Magic Fang? Is it still 1hr/level? (I'm going to be seriously ticked if it got slashed down like the buff spells.)

MisterTwister

First Post
The animal companion stuff will work sorta like familiars. I forget where I read it but there was some "see through their eyes" kinda stuff, mental links, etc.

tecnodemon

First Post
I hope they will added or the the rule about getting more animal companions. Why you ask? Cause the MotW prestige classes that deals with more than one is useless now. Like Tamer of Beast, the Animal Lord and a few others.

Dr_Rictus

First Post
Stalker0 said:
3) Nature Sense: While less vague, far less cool. It was nice before to say, oh is that an animal up there? Hey Jim, could you pass me the MM, I would like to use my nature sense to know... um... well practically everything about it:)

It was too nice. It meant that druids had very little reason to take Knowledge (nature), which was downright strange, and perfect knowledge of anything is an awfully big signing bonus for taking the opening level (or levels) of a class.

wolff96

First Post
The part that I don't like (from the Elemental Wildshape description) is: "In addition to the normal effects of wild shape, the druid gains all the elemental's extraordinary, supernatural, and spell-like abilities. "

That sentence makes it sound like they are removing Extraordinary abilities from animals again... which is just plain dumb.

Unless they have added some kind of new category for things like Rend, Constrict, Attach and the like, I have my first house rule for the revised edition.

Animal Companions

So, would anyone with access to Urban Arcana be willing to post the low-down on animal companions at 1st level? Unless you happen to have the scoop on 3.5e druid animal companions at 1st level, of course. I want to know if we can expect that a druid's animal companion will have empathic link, evasion, or any of those type abilities.

Thanks!

Benben

First Post
wolff96 said:
That sentence makes it sound like they are removing Extraordinary abilities from animals again... which is just plain dumb.

It's more likely they've added either a Natural ability class for things like poison, or just made them unnamed abilities which would still be provided by wildshape/polymorph.

Lord Rasputin

Explorer
Re: Animal Companions

Magus Coeruleus said:
So, would anyone with access to Urban Arcana be willing to post the low-down on animal companions at 1st level? Unless you happen to have the scoop on 3.5e druid animal companions at 1st level, of course. I want to know if we can expect that a druid's animal companion will have empathic link, evasion, or any of those type abilities.

Thanks!

At first level? Nothing special. The Link and Share Spells come at second level.

nharwell

Explorer
Yes, but in Urban Arcana you don't get an Animal Companion until 2nd level. So presumably the chart effects would be moved down one level for Druids (and up 3 for Rangers).

Remove ads