• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Spells (New & Changes)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Hey Tharizdun, I've merged your three threads. It would be great if you just use this one to report any more changes you find.

Thank you!

Temporal Stasis was a save-or-die spell without a save, and those spells are getting nerfed. If TS moves down a level, it's definitely getting nerfed.

Don't worry Hong.

Tharizdun

First Post
ok Admin, by your command :)

summon monster changes:

1 creature of level n, 1d3 same kind of creatures of level n-1, 1d4+1 same kind of creatures of a list lower than level n-1 (where n is the level of the SM of course!)

Each list contains more creatures it seems, with at least one specimen for each alignment.

The thoqqua can no longer be summoned for those of you who really liked that one...

Lots of celestial/fiendish creatures have been added, for example fiendish Vermin like the "fiendish monstrous spider, gargantuan", celestial fire beetles, fiendish tyrannosaurs, celestial triceratops, etc.

The vrock is now on the 8th level MS list, the Hezrou has taken it's place on the 9th. Astral Deva is gone, and is btw classed as an angel in the MM, as are the solar and planetar--but we knew this years ago ;-)

The MM has been reorganized as well...but that's for another thread....

(the lists are really long and I don't feel like getting RSI at this moment--sorry...I know how much you NEED TO KNOW all this stuff! :p)

Tharizdun

First Post
Temporal stasis

(Psi)SeveredHead said:
Temporal Stasis was a save-or-die spell without a save, and those spells are getting nerfed. If TS moves down a level, it's definitely getting nerfed.

Don't worry Hong.

You are right there...I just checked, and I guess my mage is going to be a wee bit distrought at her favorite spell being worse!

Temporal Stasis
Saving Throw: Fortitude Negates

dispelled by dispel magic or freedom

the rest appears to be the same in the spell description

Tharizdun

First Post
improved invisibility

Improved invisibility--> Invisibility, greater
lasts for 1 round/level(D) (used to be 1 minute per level)

Description states This spell functions as invisibility, except that it doesn't end if the subject attacks

Remove ads