D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Spells (New & Changes)

Tharizdun

First Post
Invisibility: Duration has changed from 10 minutes/level to 1 minute per level

Horrid Wilting: Damage cap is now 20d6 /20d8

Temporal Stasis: 9th -> 8th level

monk's move bonus does NOT stack with haste, boots of str & springing (they are all enhancement bonusses)

Perhaps a good thing...from the perspective of a DM....

Last edited:

Celtavian

Dragon Lord
re

I've been increasing durations for many spells that have changed back to previous levels. I'll probably do the same with this spell since 1 minute per level reduces it to a semi-useful scouting spell with an emphasis on combat.

I personally think the change to a 1 minute duration was mostly for common campaigns. In our campaigns, we are very good about keeping track of durations and time. The ten minute duration was never much of an issue.

Fenes 2

First Post
Qvintus said:
When do they got include a longer lasting Invisibility? otherwise they have removed it none combat caperblitys

I kinda like this - one less rogue skill that can be replaced with a single 2nd-level spell (Like Alter Self with regards to Climb, Jump, Disguise and Swim).

Tharizdun

First Post
[3.5] More on 3.5 spells

The listing has somewhat changed;
for example
Lesser planar binding, planar binding and greater PB are now grouped as:

Planar Binding
Planar Binding, Greater
Planar Binding, Lesser

Enlarge --> Enlarge Person

It basically comes down to the fact that the humanoid creature doubles in heigth, weight becomes 8 times greater.
+2 size enhancement on STR, -1 size penalty on AC, -2 size penalty on DEX, the creature becomes the next size category, including reach :)

Deep Slumber: 3rd Wiz/Sor/Brd spell like sleep, except 10 HD are affected

Simulacrum: limited to 2ce your levels or hit dice. And the gp cost is 100 gp powdered ruby per HD, XP cost: 100 XP per HD, with a minimum of 1000 XP

Ice storm: (also posted in another thread):

I'll summon up the changes only!!!
Level: DR4 (used to be 5)

Duration: 1 full round (used to be instantaneous)

More text in the spell's description:
-4 penalty check to listening in the area of effect, all land movement is halved for the entire duration.

At the end the hail dissapears, leaving no after effects except the damage dealt.

Tharizdun

First Post
[3.5] More Spells

Polar Ray, lvl Sor/Wiz 8-- 1d6 cold per level --cap 25d6 ranged touch att--no save

polymorph self --> polymorph
willing target, 1 min/lvl(D), 15 HD cap -- basically as the old polymorph self

Polymorph other --> Baleful Polymorph
lvl DR5 Sor/Wiz 5 -- basically as poly other, except the target can only be transmuted into 1 HD small or smaller animal forms...

--at last a good 2nd level damaging spell!!
Scorching Ray: lvl sor/wiz 2 --ranged touch att --close range
1 ray + 1 ray per 3 levels, max of 3 rays -- 4d6 damage fire per ray

Last edited:

Remove ads