D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Swordsage feat chains

phroggelator

First Post
I am attempting to build a Swordsage character for our new campaign. My problem is that I cant seem to find a decent feat chain to carry me to high levels. None of the Swordsage/TOB build guides I have found really elaborate on this or it's under the heading of "coming soon" which of course by now means never.

So my issue is this. I dont want a TWF Swordsage - I did the TWF thing with a Warblade previously and while he was death-on-a-stick in combat I want something different this time. I was going to try a THF style this time, but while a few of the early feats are nice they aren't really aimed at THF combatants (Shadowblade I'm looking at you).

At the moment the character is looking a little like this:

Str: 12
Dex: 16
Con: 16
Int: 15
Wis: 17
Cha: 12

I am not opposed to swapping Str and Int if required. The only feat I'm really locked into is:

Adaptive Style

with the following seeming fairly likely:

Darkstalker (I suspect it will be useful in this campaign, though the GM is being tight-lipped)

If I am locked into 1-h and light weapons then we can add Weapon finesse and probably Shadowblade.

The thing is that I would really prefer to use a 2-handed or Bastard sword, but the feat chain that lets me add Dex to att/dmg for one of them seems long for the benefits (Wpn Finesse, Wpn Focus, Graceful Edge). I'm wondering if there is a better feat chain to be had for this.

I expect to be focusing on Diamond Mind, Tiger Claw and Shadow Hand with a smattering of Stone Dragon, Desert Wind and Setting Sun

Thoughts, questions?

Last edited:

Remove ads