D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] What's the deal with Mighty Rage?

Mister Mojo

First Post
As has been noted before, Barbarians now receive the Mighty Rage ability at 20th level, rather than needing to select it as an Epic feat at level 21+. Yet in the conversion manual, the only alteration to the Mighty Rage feat is it now requires "Rage 5/day." Any thoughts on this?

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Hm. Still handy for other raging classes (and epic characters with only 16-19 barbarian levels); irrelevant for 20th- and higher-level barbarians.

Mister Mojo

First Post
Hrm. I s'pose that makes sense, actually. I shouldn't complain, since it frees up an Epic feat slot for those truly dedicated Barbarians...you know, the Rome-sacking Visigoth variety.

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
Mister Mojo said:
Hrm. I s'pose that makes sense, actually. I shouldn't complain, since it frees up an Epic feat slot for those truly dedicated Barbarians...you know, the Rome-sacking Visigoth variety.

"Slave, go see what that racket is outside. My horse and I would like a little peace."

"It's a rampaging half-orc, Caesar. He just whirlwind attacked the Praetorian guard, and is shouting something about a tribute."

Mister Mojo

First Post
MeepoTheMighty said:

"Slave, go see what that racket is outside. My horse and I would like a little peace."

"It's a rampaging half-orc, Caesar. He just whirlwind attacked the Praetorian guard, and is shouting something about a tribute."

You know, as funny as this is, a campaign based around a decaying Roman Empire besieged not by Germanic tribes but by bloodthirsty clans of Orcs and Half-Orcs would be intensely cool. :D

Darklone

Mister Mojo said:
You know, as funny as this is, a campaign based around a decaying Roman Empire besieged not by Germanic tribes but by bloodthirsty clans of Orcs and Half-Orcs would be intensely cool. :D

Faded Glory? Old Ones setting?

Brekki

First Post
So a barbarian that takes the "extra rage" feat from MotW a few times or takes a prc that give extra rages can also gain mighty rage at lvl 10 or so ?

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Brekki said:
So a barbarian that takes the "extra rage" feat from MotW a few times or takes a prc that give extra rages can also gain mighty rage at lvl 10 or so ?
I think you can't take epic feats if you aren't at least 21st level.

Remove ads