D&D 5E 30 Minutes before a game session, what prep rituals help you DM/play your best games?

pkt77242

Explorer
This is easy
1. Put Kids to bed
2. Drink beer and get snacks ready
3. Come up with put-downs/jokes for my players such as "Yo mama so smelly that even trolls stay away"
4. Listen to my wife make fun of me for playing D&D.

pming

Legend
Hiya!

Only read the first page, and this one (4th). For me...I tidy up the playing area/table. Then I go do something that has nothing to do with the days game session... like visit Enworld, watch some Jacksepticeye or ZUMA Arcade (Youtubers), read up on the Doomworld forum (yeah, I still play DOOM...as in DOOM and DOOM II, Heretic and HeXen) or work on a map for one of those games, or maybe just watch some TV. Who knows? Basically, I do something to take my mind off of DM'ing. It seems to free up my greymatter RAM so that I can just enjoy DM'ing without having to second guess myself because I had sixteen different things/ideas/hopes/plans for the session because I spent half and hour thinking about them. ;) Ignorance of bliss! ;p

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Azurewraith

Explorer
I like to source the char sheets, pencils, rubbers,get the map set up and ready to rock(this also ensures all the pens work check the kids are asleep and not partying, double check my notes.

Or rather that's what I would like to say I do I'm generally still playing on the ps4 with the group. Right up until my son falls asleep.

MechaPilot

Explorer
I like to source the char sheets, pencils, rubbers,get the map set up and ready to rock(this also ensures all the pens work check the kids are asleep and not partying, double check my notes.

Or rather that's what I would like to say I do I'm generally still playing on the ps4 with the group. Right up until my son falls asleep.

That's slang for erasers right?

. . .

Riiight?

* I hang a giant pirate flag in my living room.
* I play pirate music and sound effects.
* I ask my friends to recap the events of the last session.
* I make my friends the best coffee in the world.

Remove ads