• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceBear

Explorer
I'd roleplay it as Tempuswolf described, but I wouldn't necessarily wait for the rage to end before it starts targetting someone else. In my mind, if something else hits it during the rage, that becomes fair game too - it's focusing it's rage on things that are hurting it.

Back to the original example, if the other goblins backed away and let the goblin that struck it and the wolverine battle to the death, I'd have the rage end once the goblin is dead. If the other goblins were attacking it while it was battling the first, then I would not.

If you put such blinders on these monsters, you end up with the scenario where the monk (or other fast creature) hits the monster first and then spends the rest of the battle running away from it (and pulling it through the rest of the party's threat zones so they could get free AoO with no chance of reprisal).

IceBear

IceBear

Explorer
Right, I got that. What I'm saying is, if you took Tempuswolf's ruling, all your enemies have to get one mook to hurt you and then keep away from you and then the rest of them can attack you and you can't attack back because you're "focused only on the creature that hurt you first".

I see it more like the Hulk :D. Once Bruce gets hurt or angered, he flies into a rage and smashes everything that annoys him. Once he stops being annoyed, he calms down and turns back into Banner :)

IceBear

Lenet Cor Tarak

First Post
Tom Cashel said:

All these things I've said and your only comment concerns the "s"?

:rolleyes:

You forgot to say you don't blame me personally. ;)

Well, I blame you personally for making me feel short (when I'm NOT I'm NOT) every time you stand up....

But I can probably live with that.

;)

hammymchamham

First Post
so lets get this strait, someone made a new charecter and subsequently had the charecter die. Raise dead or not, I think that would cause me to start looking for a new group, or stop playing for awhile.

Marius

First Post
hammymchamham said:
so lets get this strait, someone made a new charecter and subsequently had the charecter die. Raise dead or not, I think that would cause me to start looking for a new group, or stop playing for awhile.

Yeah, pretty much anytime things don't go my way I'd probably take my dice and go home too. Especially when one of those things was something I ran into despite being warned against it, and given an opportunity to stop myself from doing. I can't see any reasonable conclusion other than "Everyone hates me".

Asheron

First Post
hammymchamham said:

yeah it sucks your right, but it's not personal and it shouldn't affect real life for that matter . If it does, your really crossing the line.....(IMO off course) :)

isoChron

First Post
I've been in a similar situation (in the case of my character it was a cursed morningstar) and I could have ended the rage only with a successful WIS-check DC 10.
All enemies dead and rolling very bad for the WIS-check (Dice hate me most times).
So my teammates were running like hell till I made the check. Funny image :)
Another way of cooling someone down without killing is to grapple him, cast hold person/monster, whatever ...
Why always go on a killing spree ???

I would go for the ruling like Tempuswolf did. All ways may be valid but this seems the most fitting for a hurt wolverine to me.
Bye

Asheron

First Post
isoChron said:
I've been in a similar situation (in the case of my character it was a cursed morningstar) and I could have ended the rage only with a successful WIS-check DC 10.
All enemies dead and rolling very bad for the WIS-check (Dice hate me most times).
So my teammates were running like hell till I made the check. Funny image :)

Bye

My cleric had the exact same situation: cursed morningstar etc. It was in the quest "Lord of the Iron Fotress". Same quest?

sorry.... off-topic :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads