D&D 5E 4 Horsemen Weapon powers

Balfore

Explorer
That would work. The rest of the party will freak out when the front line melee type suddenly stops fighting to eat a sandwich.....

If you are running a long adventure, instead of having the famine weapon directly affect the PC's, you could borrow an idea from Kevin Hearne's Iron Druid books. In one of the books, the titular druid annoys Hel, and she enchants her dagger so that everything she stabs with it develops an uncontrollable desire to eat the druid.
They all have artifacts that make them immune to charm and fear...
So I have to think of conditions outside 'the box'.
So, hunger (lol) will work :p

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Balfore

Explorer
There will be 5 level 18, and 2 level 20 characters.
We just finished Pestilence.
I'm having all the Horsemen have the ability to split the damage between them and their horses as well.
This Homebrew idea is pretty cool for War.
One of his Legendary Actions is Tide of Chaos. Do you think it's too powerful? (1 minute).
I was thinking of a few modifications, tell me what you think :)
1. Some kind of Aura (40 ft).
2. All attacks by War that hit are considered a Crit.
3. Lair actions...Of some sort.
Thoughts?

f231f2696e312e716c26748b8231d606.jpg

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Tides of Chaos is way too powerful.

Instead, consider making it so that everyone takes an opportunity attack against an ally in range. If the target is holding a melee weapon, it's a melee attack, if they are holding a ranged weapon, it's a ranged attack, if they are holding both, pick one so long as attack someone. If the target has an attack cantrip, they use that.

Also, automatic crits is kind of nuts.

Balfore

Explorer
Tides of Chaos is way too powerful.

Instead, consider making it so that everyone takes an opportunity attack against an ally in range. If the target is holding a melee weapon, it's a melee attack, if they are holding a ranged weapon, it's a ranged attack, if they are holding both, pick one so long as attack someone. If the target has an attack cantrip, they use that.

Also, automatic crits is kind of nuts.
What about using your idea, but with an Aura.
At thw start of Wars turn, everyone in the Aura makes a WIS save. On a failed save, they all make the opportunity attack as you outlined.

Instead of a crit, what about max damage?
What about a couple Lair actions?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases