4e adventure included in Midnight chronicles DVD

Gundark

Explorer
Hmmm interesting tidbit from WotC. They mention in their news that there will be a 4e adventure "The Heart of Erenland" included with the Midnight Chronicles DVD.

From the website:
"The Heart of Erenland" takes place in a region of Eredane known as the Westlands, approximately ten years before the events in Midnight Chronicles. Players already familiar with the movie may recognize several characters and locations in this adventure, including Loren Landring and his young son Gaelen, the scheming Lesher, the wise and secretive Grimnor, and the town of Blackweir.

Set for 1st level heroes, the appendix of this adventure includes four pre-generated characters, designed to help reinforce some of the essential themes to the Midnight setting, particularly the rarity of magic:
"

Wonder if this means Midnight will be coming to 4e? Or is this old news?

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Hmmm interesting tidbit from WotC. They mention in their news that there will be a 4e adventure "The Heart of Erenland" included with the Midnight Chronicles DVD.

From the website:
"The Heart of Erenland" takes place in a region of Eredane known as the Westlands, approximately ten years before the events in Midnight Chronicles. Players already familiar with the movie may recognize several characters and locations in this adventure, including Loren Landring and his young son Gaelen, the scheming Lesher, the wise and secretive Grimnor, and the town of Blackweir.

Set for 1st level heroes, the appendix of this adventure includes four pre-generated characters, designed to help reinforce some of the essential themes to the Midnight setting, particularly the rarity of magic:
"

Wonder if this means Midnight will be coming to 4e? Or is this old news?

Old News I'm afraid. The movie and pdf adventure have been available from rpgnow for a while now. It caught a bunch of people off guard as the adventure is only included in the bundle with the 3.5 revised Midnight setting and the movie and the bundle does not say that the adventure is for 4e. It was only when people opened up the adventure pdf that they found out it was for 4e.

Whether FFG has any plans for a 4e Midnight book I have not heard one way or the other.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
The description mentions two versions of the movie, one of them in HD. If you buy it, do you get to download them both?

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Old News I'm afraid. The movie and pdf adventure have been available from rpgnow for a while now. It caught a bunch of people off guard as the adventure is only included in the bundle with the 3.5 revised Midnight setting and the movie and the bundle does not say that the adventure is for 4e. It was only when people opened up the adventure pdf that they found out it was for 4e.

Yikes! That would be extremely annoying!

Whether FFG has any plans for a 4e Midnight book I have not heard one way or the other.

They were looking for 4E writers early before 4E came out, but I think once the first GSL hit (or was delayed for the 1,000th time), that was the end of that.

Remove ads