• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4e adventure included in Midnight chronicles DVD

Blastin

First Post
I didn't think it was too bad. It's meant as a TV show pilot, so it's about that level of writing/special effects. I have seen much worse acting.

crash_beedo

First Post
It's about the level of a B-movie you might see on the Sci-Fi channel - definitely not cringeworthy. I'd probably rank it around the level of the second Dungeons & Dragons movie. Pretty impressive when you watch the special featurette and realize it was a bunch of FFGers and the Prez that put together the movie. The script, on the other hand, is trying to do too many things... introduce too many characters and sub-plots, set-up as the pilot for a hypothetical series. It could've used more focus.

Definitely a nice surprise to see the 4E adventure PDF stuck in there. It's a short adventure, just enough to introduce the flavor of the setting.

Erekose

Eternal Champion
I'm bumping this question... anybody knows?

I bought the "package" as we have played Midnight in the past. The movie was OK - most disappointing was the fact that it's not a complete story (a part 1 with no part 2 yet?).

Also no HD version yet - there is a download link but it doesn't actually have a real file attached (at least not yet?).

P

PaulofCthulhu

You get both versions. I downloaded both of them on the day it was released on DriveThruRPG, then burnt the HD version to disc.

It is essentially a TV pilot also in the sense that no plot issues are resolved. It's all set-up for something. I found the bad guy/protagonist's sidekick is the most entertaining character.

Putting out a 4e adventure along with the 3rd Ed rules did seem.. a bit odd.

Remove ads