• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4e Battle of Good vs. Evil: Ice Archon & Co. vs. Eye Of Flame & Co.

Infiniti2000

First Post
OOC: My reading of the positions doesn't give Snoopy Combat Advantage, so I'm not sure about the +2. Let me run down the positions:

Ukemil: 60n60e
Flart: 50n70e
Hunter: 50n85e
Frosty: 55n60e
Slim: 55n80e
Snoopy: 40n75e

Bad Guys:
Hunter (gnoll huntmaster, leader): 31hp, injured
Flart (kobold dragonshield): 11hp, bloodied
Ukemil (troglodyte bonecrusher): 7hp, immobilized, bloodied

Hunter will slice Slim with his handaxe, 17+9 for 3+3 damage, and then shift south to 45n85e.

Flart shifts south twice to 40n70e, flanking Snoopy. 4+7+2 misses.

Ukemil makes a stench again, 18+10, Frosty will not be happy about that (slowed and -2 atk/def for encounter). Ukemil then grapples Frosty, 15+7 vs. reflex-2, Frosty is grappled and also immoblized.

All three took 2 damage, reflected above.

Gansk

Explorer
OOC: Those positions are correct, Snoopy gets combat advantage due to his Pack Hunter ability (ally adjacent to target). Flart and Ukemil reset second winds on round 35.

Round 33: Snoopy has 25 hp. Slim has 46 hp. Frosty has 48 hp, nauseated and immobilized.

Slim does not reset (3). He attacks Hunter with reach, then shifts to 50N85E to give Snoopy CA. 6+11, miss.

Snoopy will attack Hunter. 4+12+2, miss.

Frosty will slam Ukemil, 11+14-2, hit for 7+5 cold damage. Ukemil drops to -5 and is teleported out. Frosty moves to 65N50E. Flart and Snoopy take 2 cold damage at the start of their turns.

Infiniti2000

First Post
OOC: What good is grappling anymore? Is it a complete waste of time? I didn't think you could attack while grappled since it didn't do any damage.

Bad Guys:
Hunter (gnoll huntmaster, leader): 31hp, injured
Flart (kobold dragonshield): 11hp, bloodied
Spiny (spined devil): 57hp, full

Hunter will slice Snoopy with his handaxe, crit for 9 damage.

Flart attacks Snoopy. 7+7+2 misses. He then shifts southeast to 35n5e.

Spiny the spined devil flies in from the east, ending up at 75n100e15z and hits Frosty with Spine Rain 12+9 vs. Reflex, 8 damage plus 8 fire pus ongoing 5 poison damage and is slowed. I'm not sure if he takes the poison now or later (although Frosty is immune to poison, the question still stands from a rules perspective).

Gansk

Explorer
OOC: You used grapple effectively vs. the elf archer. It is used to set up rogues for sneak attack. Ongoing damage is applied immediately, then at the start of each turn, then a save could end it at the end of the turn. So 10 damage is guaranteed. Flart should have 9 hp.

Round 34: Snoopy has 14 hp, bloodied. Slim has 46 hp. Frosty has 32 hp, nauseated.

Slim does not reset (4). He attacks Hunter, 14+11, hit for 9 damage.

Snoopy will attack Hunter. 15+12+2, hit for 6 damage. 12+7+2 vs. Reflex, Hunter is prone.

Frosty will move to 45N50E. Flart and Snoopy take 2 cold damage at the start of their turns.

Infiniti2000

First Post
Bad Guys:
Hunter (gnoll huntmaster, leader): 16hp, bloodied, prone
Flart (kobold dragonshield): 7hp, bloodied (2 cold damage applied)

Hunter attacks Snoopy while prone, 15+9-2 hits for 5+5 damage (more damage while bloodied).

Flart shifts to 40n70e as a minor action and then stabs at Snoopy, 14+7+2 hits for 4 damage, minimum but enough. Snoopy is teleported out. Flart then circles around to 55n85e.

Spiny continues flying (is half-speed still necessary?) to 70n85e30z and lays down some more Spine Rain, but this time on Slim. 11+9 (+2 also for CA?) vs. Reflex, 5+2 damage plus 8 fire damage plus 5 poison plus Slim is slowed (save ends slow and ongoing poison).

Gansk

Explorer
OOC: Yes, flying is half move unless it says "Hover" next to the creature's Fly speed. Spiny has to do the flanking to get CA on Slim, he doesn't benefit indirectly from flanking.

Round 35: Slim has 26 hp, bloodied & poisoned. Frosty has 32 hp, nauseated.

Slim does not reset (5) and takes another 5 poison damage (21 hp). He attacks Flart, 9+11, hit for 10 damage. Flart is teleported out. Slim uses Shadow Jaunt to teleport to 35N85E and becomes insubstantial. He is still poisoned (5).

Frosty will move to 65N65E. Hunter is teleported out due to VZ rules.

Last edited:

Infiniti2000

First Post
Holy crap, has it been 4 rounds already? I'm getting so tied up in learning the system, I keep forgetting the VZ rules.

Bad Guys:
Brutus (gnoll marauder, leader): 84hp, full

Spiny shoots some spine rain on Frosty, 17+9 for 4 damage plus 7 fire. Frosty is now bloodied. Spiny flies to 90n50e30z.

Brutus the gnoll marauder and new leader of Evil teleports into the arena at 70n65e and stabs at Frosty with his spear, 17+10 (no really I did reroll) hits for 4+6 damage, not actually injuring him. He also takes a bite of his bloodied opponent, 15+7 hits for 4 damage (which now bypasses the resistance, which I agree 10/- is wayyyy beyond reasonable). Brutus is feeling the cold, however, and is prepared to deal with it.

Last edited:

Gansk

Explorer
Round 36: Slim has 21 hp, bloodied & poisoned. Frosty has 17 hp, bloodied & nauseated.

Slim becomes substantial, recharges (6) and takes another 5 poison damage (16 hp). He double moves to 55N75E, then uses his AP to Dance of Death to 65N75E. 4+11, miss. He is no longer poisoned (15).

Frosty swings and misses, no he hits with a 5?
No, he misses because he's nauseated 5+14-2. Frosty uses his AP to second wind, bringing him to 29 hp, no longer bloodied. If Spiny landed, he takes 2 cold damage along with everybody else.

Last edited:

Infiniti2000

First Post
OOC: Oops, sorry, Spiny did not land. I intended him to stay up in the air as long as possible.

OOC2: Sometimes I preroll my d20 to "warm" it up and I kid you not, I got 3 17s in a roll. To the best of my knowledge, it's not loaded, but I'll switch d20s anyway. :)

Bad Guys:
Brutus (gnoll marauder, leader): 82hp, barely injured due to cold

Spiny flies in a circle around the foul pole and down to 105n55e20z. Spiny shoots some spine rain on Frosty, 6+9 misses due to the second wind.

Brutus clobbers Frosty, 13+10 hits for max 14 damage (Frosty takes 4, still not bloodied). Brutus uses an AP to swing again, 4+10 misses! What a waste of an AP. He then shifts to 65n60e.

Gansk

Explorer
OOC: I don't warm up my d20's, but I do switch them based on gut feel. :)

Round 37: Slim has 14 hp, bloodied. Frosty has 25 hp, nauseated.

Slim does not recharge (1). He moves to 65N50E and swings. 9+11, hit for 8 damage.

Frosty hits, 12+14-2 for 9 damage. 15+9-2 vs. Fort, Brutus is immobilized.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads