4e Battle of Good vs. Evil: Ice Archon & Co. vs. Eye Of Flame & Co.

Infiniti2000

First Post
When does the Resist reset? Remember that Al bled at the beginning of his turn, which would count against the resist 25, depending on whether the resist resets before or after his turn (or before or after the bleeding). If he bleeds, he would be dead. If he's dead, I would bring in two reinforcements.

Bad Guys:
Al Gore (gargoyle): 3/46hp, bloodied, grabbed, statue-form
Bono (gnoll demonscourge, leader, SW): 9/106hp, bloodied

Al Gore shifts out of statue-form as a minor action, then as a move tries to escape the grab with an untrained acrobatics vs. reflex, 2+7 fails (I assume Dex). Having no other option, he reverts back to stone form as a standard action.

Bono attacks Peter, 17+13 hits for 12 damage, bloodying him! I don't think this makes Peter prone yet, however, because he wasn't already bloodied. Bono then shifts to 60n60e just to find out what happens. ;)

Gansk

Explorer
OOC: I think that the resist starts before the bleeding, but I characterized the damage as wound damage, which is separate from weapon damage. Since stone form resists all types of damage, I was counting the types separately. Too powerful?

I think you're right about Peter, he needs to be bloodied first.

Good Guys:
Robert (warforged infiltrator): 38/66hp, injured (+5 AC/Ref)
Gertruda (grick alpha, leader, SW): 113/116hp, injured, Fort 20
Peter (spectral panther, SW): 23/46, bloodied

Round 54:

Robert recharges (6). He moves 4 to 35N85E and fires (normal) at Bono. 1+16, miss.

Gertuda releases Al and attacks Bono, 3+13, miss. He shifts to 60N65E.

Peter shifts to 60N55E and pounces on Bono. 6+14+2 for CA, hit for 21 damage. Bono is down at -12. Bring on the dragon!

Infiniti2000

First Post
Ladies and Gentlemen! The moment you have all been waiting for...we bring you Snarfblat, the first 4e dragon! :D

OOC: In 3.5e, DR 25/- that also applies to magic would be insanely powerful. For now, let's say the bleeding occurs before the reset so we don't need to retcon.

Bad Guys:
Al Gore (gargoyle): 3/46hp, bloodied, statue-form
Ton Loc (young black dragon, leader, AP, SW): 280/280hp, full, cloud of darkness
Bono (gnoll demonscourge, ex-leader, SW): -20/106hp, ongoing acid, -4 to ac, dying (1)
Kip (kobold archer, AP, SW): 23/23hp

Al Gore shifts out of statue-form as a minor action, then uses earthpower ram to shift to 30n85e. He attacks all three Good guys with a claw (leader of the pack still apply?):
Peter: 1+15+2 misses
Gertruda: 19+15+2 hits for 11 damage (1 gets through)
Robert: 8+16 (no leader) for 7 damage

Ton Loc the young black dragon appears at 50n50e (large) and breathes acid at Peter, Bono, and Gertruda: vs. Reflex, 8 acid+5 ongoing, target takes a -4 penalty to AC.
Peter: 16+7+2, hits
Bono: 10+7+2+?, hits
Gertruda: 9+7+2, hits
Ton Loc then uses one of his two AP's to generate a cloud of darkness in a burst 2 around the dragon (encompassing Gertruda, too, I think). Everyone within the cloud is blind except the dragon and Robert cannot target anyone in the cloud.

Bono starts dying (6).

Kip the kobold archer appears at 35n115e and fires an arrow at Robert, 10+9+5 misses. Kip looks scared.

Gansk

Explorer
OOC: Unconscious guys can't lead, so no +2 for Bono. Al does not hit Robert's souped-up AC. It is +4 to hit unconscious creatures with a ranged attack, not including CA. Ton could have done the darkness first, giving CA vs. Gertruda, still resulting in an acid hit.

Give Ton another AP (2+1 default). Only AP use per round. Note that the darkness area is static, and Ton still needs to recharge even to sustain it another round as a minor action.

Good Guys:
Robert (warforged infiltrator): 38/66hp, injured
Gertruda (grick alpha, leader, SW): 99/116hp, injured, Fort 20, blind
Peter (spectral panther, SW): 10/46, bloodied, ongoing acid, -4 to AC, blind, insubstantial

Round 55: (Robert and Gertruda reset SW in round 57)

Robert steps to 40N85E and fires a normal shot at Al. 12+16, hit. 8 damage, Al is teleported out. "You're next, Meepo!"

Gertuda shifts to 50N60E and attscks Ton, 5+13-5, miss. He makes his save (12).

Peter becomes insubstantial and shifts to 65N50E. He misses his save (6).

Gansk

Explorer
Drow Wand Mage

You may have a hard time finding the stats for the drow wand mage. Here they are.

Drow Wand Mage:[sblock]Level 11 Artillery
Medium Natural Humanoid
Init +7 Perception +6
Hp 45 Bloodied 22
AC 25 Fort 15 Ref 21 Will 17
+4 defenses vs. ranged attacks
Speed 6
Dagger (Standard melee, at-will)
+5 vs. AC, 1d4+5
Wand Blast (Standard ranged, at-will)
Range 20, +13 vs. Ref, 1d8+8
Icy Ray (Standard ranged, recharge 4 5 6)
Range 20, +13 vs. Ref, 2d8+13 cold and slowed 1 round
Combat Teleport (Immediate reaction, recharge 6)
After melee attack by adjacent enemy, +13 vs. will, teleport enemy up to 3 squares.
If enemy no longer has the reach to attack, the attack automatically misses.
Str +5 Con +5 Dex +7 Int +11 Wis +6 Cha +7
[/sblock]

Infiniti2000

First Post
Gertruda was at 60n, so she shifted to 55n not 50n, right?

Ton Loc takes an immediate reaction to Gertruda missing, swiping at her with his tail, 10+8+2, misses.

Bad Guys:
Ton Loc (young black dragon, leader, AP, SW): 280/280hp, full
Bono (gnoll demonscourge, ex-leader): 21/106hp, bloodied
Kip (kobold archer, AP, SW): 23/23hp, full

Ton Loc fails to recharge the cloud (2) or breath weapon. He tries a double claw attack on Peter, 1+8+2 misses, 11+8+2 hits AC-4 for 4 damage (so Peter takes 2). Ton Loc will burn another AP in an effort to heal up Bono. Success! 18+4 (big chance that was, but Ton Loc has pathetic attack bonuses).

It is no longer darkly cloudy.

Bono healed up to 26 then took acid damage. He attacks Gertruda from prone, 18+13-2 for 14 damage (take 4). He saves from the acid (16).

Kip says, "No, please! Not in the face!" He fires an arrow at Robert, 1+9+5 misses. He decides to burn his AP while he's alive, and tries again, 14+9+5 hits for 5 damage.

Last edited:

Gansk

Explorer
OOC: I should have said move, not shift. Gertruda stays at 50N60E.

Good Guys:
Robert (warforged infiltrator): 33/66hp, bloodied, +5 AC/Ref
Gertruda (grick alpha, leader): 116/116hp, full, Fort 20, +2 defenses
Peter (spectral panther): 14/46, bloodied, +2 defenses, insubstantial

Round 56: (Robert and Gertruda reset SW in round 57)

Robert moves to 60N85E and fires a debilitating shot at Bono. 16+15+2, hit. 11+5 sneak attack damage, Bono is stunned.

Gertuda takes her second wind.

Peter moves to 50N15E and takes a second wind. He makes his save (13).

Infiniti2000

First Post
OOC: If Gertruda moved, then doesn't she provoke an OA against Ton Loc? The bite would still be a miss, but I think it would happen ('cause he has reach), 4+10+2. Actually, before her turn was finished, she was affected by acid with a -4 to AC, but that's still not enough to hit. The -4 to AC wouldn't apply to the immediate tail slap, which was after her turn.

OOC: Ton Loc I believe also gets an OA (this round) vs. Peter, 6+10+2 misses AC-4. (If I had made it by less than two I would've said Peter took his second wind before moving.)

OOC: Btw, I think you have been doing the recharge wrong for Robert. He supposedly recharged on a 6, but he recharges only on a 3. He doesn't recharge on 3+, he recharges explicitly on a 3. For evidence of this, look at the dragon's cloud recharge.

Bad Guys:
Ton Loc (young black dragon, leader, AP, SW): 280/280hp, full
Bono (gnoll demonscourge, ex-leader): 5/106hp, bloodied
Kip (kobold archer, SW): 23/23hp, full
J'klict (drow wand mage, AP, SW): 45/45hp, full

Ton Loc recharges the cloud (3) but not breath weapon. He activates his cloud.

Bono does nothing.

Kip fires another arrow at Robert, 16+9+5 for max 8 damage.

J'klict the drow wand mage appears at 80n115e and fires an icy ray at Robert, 18+13 vs Reflex+5 for 24 cold damage and Robert is slowed one round (max speed 2).

Last edited:

Gansk

Explorer
OOC: Monsters don't threaten with reach anymore in 4e unless they have the threatening reach ability (very few have it). They can only use the reach to make attacks, not to take OA's. The reach on the tail slap is only good vs Gertruda, who could miss Ton from 2 squares away.

All the documents I'm looking at let Ton recharge the cloud on a 3 through 6. There was some debate at the beginning that only the explicit number recharges, but the more minor abilities seem to have lower numbers and the more dangerous abilities tend to have a 6. I'm pretty sure that x through 6 is correct, not x.

Kip took his AP last round, so it should be taken off his condition summary.

Good Guys:
Robert (warforged infiltrator): 17/66hp, bloodied, slowed, +2 defenses
Gertruda (grick alpha, leader, SW): 116/116hp, full, Fort 20
Peter (spectral panther): 14/46, bloodied, insubstantial, invisible

Round 57: (Robert and Gertruda reset SW)

Robert recharges (6). He takes his second wind. "Curse you, Meepo!" Bono is no longer stunned.

Gertuda attacks Bono in the dark. 16+13-5, hit. 14 damage, Bono is teleported out.

Peter turns invisible.

Infiniti2000

First Post
Stunning is one of the most dangerous abilities, so I can't believe it would have a 66% recharge chance.

I'll update actions in a little while.

Remove ads