D&D 4E 4E Character Optimization WOTC rescue Handbook Guide

MwaO

Adventurer
People playing 4e now Discord Channel
Here is a link to people playing 4e now and talking about it. Lots of people. Lots of resources for finding games, building PCs, running games, etc...

Given the death of the online tools, people are likely going to need more support to play 4e. This has a variety of people good at different things. Myth-weavers as an example is a pretty good way to make a character sheet, but there are other options as well.

MwaO

Adventurer
I put my 4e hybrid build here. Not sure if it's in the right place but just thought I'd contribute to this thread.
Just in general, best to start your own thread, don't force people to download files, and keep it a lot more simple as to what you're doing.

A lot of the build revolves around illegal elements or elements that don't work that way(Sword of the White Well is from a deleted feat, Hex Expertise is as well, powers that don't say they're hidden from the enemy are not hidden from the enemy, telepathy, conjuration, dominate from Touch of Command ends the monster's turn, you cannot take unleveled at-wills from Binder as a hybrid Warlock, etc...it also revolves around fast talking the DM and party, both of which tend to have negative consequences.

Brains

Villager
Just in general, best to start your own thread, don't force people to download files, and keep it a lot more simple as to what you're doing.

A lot of the build revolves around illegal elements or elements that don't work that way(Sword of the White Well is from a deleted feat, Hex Expertise is as well, powers that don't say they're hidden from the enemy are not hidden from the enemy, telepathy, conjuration, dominate from Touch of Command ends the monster's turn, you cannot take unleveled at-wills from Binder as a hybrid Warlock, etc...it also revolves around fast talking the DM and party, both of which tend to have negative consequences.
Thanks for the feedback MwaO. I was basing it on a compiled errata, wasn't aware there was another one (relevant to my interests please share where do i get this). There are other MBAs and expertise feats thats an easy fix... no plans of staying hidden, just disguised for a round at the start for better positioning (i'm assuming cannot re-disguise after disguise is blown) ... touch of command 1 turn dominate is a lot already (only planned to make it speak something when the trigger happens) ... there is errata that added a level to those binder warlock powers ... 0 plans of fast talking a DM (I agree that is dangerous). as to the party, they don't need to comply, point was to offer them something in return for something else of about equal value ... like how warlocks make deals with their patrons.

MwaO

Adventurer
Thanks for the feedback MwaO. I was basing it on a compiled errata, wasn't aware there was another one (relevant to my interests please share where do i get this). There are other MBAs and expertise feats thats an easy fix... no plans of staying hidden, just disguised for a round at the start for better positioning (i'm assuming cannot re-disguise after disguise is blown) ... touch of command 1 turn dominate is a lot already (only planned to make it speak something when the trigger happens) ... there is errata that added a level to those binder warlock powers ... 0 plans of fast talking a DM (I agree that is dangerous). as to the party, they don't need to comply, point was to offer them something in return for something else of about equal value ... like how warlocks make deals with their patrons.

The Binder Warlock powers do not have a level. And just in general, <you are unaware of me options> tend to be of limited value in a party who cannot do that well in something that's about to go to combat. And you're probably triggering that dominate as fast as you can in combat, which also means you need to use its standard action assuming the DM has made the combats appropriately challenging to the group.

If you're doing a build, you keep tactics separate and explain the tactical options that are from the build. If there are party options that would enhance your options, again, put that into a post as part of the thread, but that's last stuff. Look at Grey Ioun Stone Marker as an example — I start with a level 13 build so people can see what its immediate progression is from heroic to paragon, I then show a level 21 for paragon to epic, and a 30th eventually for capstone. I explain the at-will pieces that make it do its basic thing and then explain how they work together, even at a table where the DM knows it is coming and what options are based on those pieces. Done.

Remove ads