4E Class Survivor - Round 14 (We now have the final 5)

Which class do you want to vote off the list?

• Barbarian

Votes: 59 34.7%
  • Fighter

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Rogue

Votes: 24 14.1%
  • Sorcerer

Votes: 46 27.1%
  • Wizard

Votes: 28 16.5%

• Poll closed .

Destil

Explorer
We also have 3 strikers, 1 controller and 1 defender (I guess it really is mostly about dishing out damage).
Fighters and Wizards don't lag in damage at all in their respective rolls when well build, so I think you have a point there. Of course the ranger is gone, which shows you need to do it in an interesting way...

Wizard. Needed to contain class features that define controllers in addition to controller powers. Barb or Sorc is going this round, but I'd rather chip at the big design flaw from early 4E.

Dausuul

Legend
Very tough call on this one; I like all the surviving classes. In the end I picked sorceror, just because it has such a strong thematic overlap with wizard, and of the two I think I still prefer the wizard by a hair.

And it looks like another close-fought battle for this round between the last two "non-classic" classes. (And by "non-classic" I mean "they aren't older than I am.")

Last edited:

Cadfan

First Post
I think its sad that the ranger got kicked out because one build has a reputation for sitting still and being a point and click damage dealer, and the sorcerer is being kept because people were so happy that WotC released an arcane character that can sit still and be a point and click damage dealer.

Theroc

First Post
I think its sad that the ranger got kicked out because one build has a reputation for sitting still and being a point and click damage dealer, and the sorcerer is being kept because people were so happy that WotC released an arcane character that can sit still and be a point and click damage dealer.

>.> I don't know rangers that well, but I liked the Dragon Magic Sorcerer, who basically needed to get up in his opponent's faces for AoE. At least, that's the playstyle it seems to suggest with 'Close Blast' powers.

I voted Wizard this time, because while the Role says: Controller, I did not see much 'control' in the brief glance I gave the powers... and I preferred the concept of magic being something innate to your character, rather than learned from a book.

Cadfan

First Post
Theroc- Alright, fairness requires that I admit that the dragon sorcerer has some incentive to go to close range, and to do so in a rather unique manner with a build centered around close blast attacks. Though this isn't as strongly woven into the build as you might hope.

But that's one build out of four. The Ranger is the inverse. Two builds out of three require you to fight in melee.

Just seems that if we're going to get rid of blasters (and I'm ok with that), the sorcerer really should go.

Simm

First Post
Barbarian. I have nothing against berserker characters and nothing against using the name barbarian for them, regardless of how accurate it is, but barbarian with magic just rub me the wrong way, give me the AD&D barbarian who couldn't use any magic to begin with.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases