[4e] covaithe's E1: Death's Reach

Oni

First Post
As far as I can tell, there are no items that increase the number of surges, only the surges value.

The only thing that's even close that I can think of is one I took, the ring of tenacious will, which lets you sub your chr mod for your con mod on your surges per day.

And writing that reminds me, I think I left its daily power off my sheet.

renau1g

First Post
As far as I can tell, there are no items that increase the number of surges, only the surges value.

I think you're right, there are some items that allow you to heal for what your surge value would be I think (or maybe that's just my utility I forget)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Batin, Master of All Places is up. Removed his explicit connection to the Raven Queen (as that wasn't really apropos now), but did add ties to each character:
Batin's Background said:
It is Batin's unique mastery that has brought Batin to the attention of many. By some fate, or karma, or doom, he is often in the place that he is needed most. While it was Seranax the Reaper that slew the death giant Ruskvold, it was Batin's knowledge of the crypt tunnels that showed the dragonborn the way. When the one known now as Massacre broke the boundary of time, the master of space showed him how to navigate the passages of thought once more. It is rumored that the great Kylek first heard of the depravities of Ch'thuul from a shadar-kai wanderer of similar appearance to Batin. And it was said that a master of sword magic was at the helm of the astral skiff that delivered Kalas the Merciless to a hidden githyanki stronghold. Sometimes there are rumors that Batin was in different places at the same time. To which Batin only smiles his inscrutable smile.

Batin can donate HS to Orelal's rituals if it doesn't tie him down to one place too long... :)

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=stonegod]
A couple things I noticed.
- You have the magic item listed as jagged broadsword in the stat block, but it should be a bastard sword
- In the stat block he's listed as a Rouge, but isn't he a swordmage?
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Perception is from Eladrin Education, Stealth is from the background Birth Among Another Race (Shadar-Kai) Stealth as a class skill...

Ok, I missed the background. That's fine, then.

I am Eladrin, and increase my teleport distance by 2 instead of 1. (does the daily power of this benefit from the property, I know it says "not including" but does that mean I should do 6+2 in order to include?)

Problem is, Fey Step teleports you 5 squares, so adding 2 gets you 7. As I read it, the ring's daily power does benefit from its property, so you teleport 8 squares with the daily item power.

It has implement as a keyword, so I believe it would receive everything any other power with the implement keyword would receive. I can't shed any light beyond that... When you make a decision for how it functions let me know, and I'll update.

Yeah, I need to do some more research, I think. What I'm looking for is to see how the CB handles enhancement bonuses to damage with other powers that don't involve any dice, e.g. Cleave, Reaping Strike, etc. If there's some consistency, that might imply an interpretation.

I just realized they are from Dragon 373... Mundane +1 item bonus to hide or move silently respectively. May I have them? please...
Hide? Move silently? What are these strange terms you speak of? :) Funny, the compendium doesn't know anything about these items.

I had 20,000 left over from taking Cloak of Distortion (Level 19) instead of a Level 20 item. Which was cleared for others here. If that is not ok let me know. That does put me up 10,000g. The majority of which will be converted into ritual components I'm sure...

Yeah, that's not a problem. What I've been doing with these characters is trying to recreate them in the CB one step at a time. I give 800,000g and start buying things, and check that I don't run out of cash before I run out of items to buy. The confusion is with the free wizard rituals. I tried to pick out the most expensive rituals to give you for free and buy the rest, but I'm not at all sure I did it right. That could easily account for the missing cash.

New question, Does my shroud of life and death kick in if I walk up to a creature? They have come within 3 squares of me... I don't see why it wouldn't. But have been wrong on things like this too many times not to ask.

No, but it does kick in next time they start their turn, if they're still within 3 squares of you at the time.

renau1g

First Post
Hide? Move silently? What are these strange terms you speak of? :) Funny, the compendium doesn't know anything about these items.

Should be listed under adventuring gear in the CB. They grant a +1 to stealth checks to hide (camo) and to move silently (footpads). They cost 30gp for the camo and 5 gp for the footpads.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Just popping in to say I'm here. I don't think there's any more changes needed on Sarenax, at least for now. Cov, I'm fine with making Divine Power changes after the first encounter, if that's cool with you.

Anyway, I'll catch up on this thread soon, take a look at everyone's characters ... but I've got a ton of other threads to catch up on as well.

Stonegod: I like the tidbit on Batin you posted in the thread here. Seems to fit his mystery quite well :)

Remove ads