[4e: Nevermore] Big Trouble in Little Oaktown (Recruiting)

jaldaen

First Post
Hello All,

I'm the writer/designer of the newly released Nevermore campaign setting (see my signature for more details). I'm interested in running a PbP game using the 4e D&D rules coupled with the Nevermore rules. Since I haven't run a PbP game, I suspect there will be some growing pains involved, but I'm willing to learn.

At the moment, I am planning on running a 4e version of Big Trouble in Little Oaktown (a True20 adventure). Here's a blurb about the adventure:

Big Trouble in Little Oaktown takes place within a sleepy little hamlet with an otherworldly problem. The history of Oaktown has always had its tall tales and strange happenings. Some whisper that a door to the underworld exists nearby, while others recount stories of monsters walking the streets at night. However, over the past thirteen nights children have been dissappearing from their homes in the hamlet of Oaktown. After the last kidnapping a group of the missing a group of passing adventurers receive a mysterious dream. What does this dream mean? Where will it lead them? What will they find when they get there? These young heroes will soon discover the answers to these questions and many more as they unravel riddles, overcome obstacles, and face off with their foes in the unpredictable dreamlands.

This adventure introduces a group of heroes to the world of Nevermore and is intended for a party of four to six 1st level heroes.

Character Creation: You may create your own character using the 4e core rules (anything found in the D&DI Character creator is fair game). Characters will be built using standard point buy and will have 100gp to buy equipment. In addition, you will also need to purchase the Nevermore campaign setting book from Expeditious Retreat Press. You'll need it in order to learn the add-on rules (such as dreaming surges, aspects, etc.), finish building your character, and get a good feel for the campaign setting.

Please post a file of your character (pdfs prefered). If using the D&DI Character Builders, your character sheet should say legal under your portait.

Recruitment: If you are interested in joining this campaign, then post your character below. Please include a file of the character's 4e core rule and Nevermore-based stats, and a brief overview of your character's background. Your backgrounds can include some connection to Oaktown, including one of the missing thirteen children (sibling, niece, nephew, etc.).

Start Date: My current plan is to start Novemeber 30th (the week after Thanksgiving).

Frequency: A minimum of two-posts per week, preferably one post over the weekend and one more over the week. Some weeks we may slow down or speed up depending upon how busy life is for the group.

If you have any other questions (or if I missed something), then let me know and I'll get back to you ASAP.

You can also find more information about the Nevermore campaign setting via the FAQ and demo.

tsadkiel

Legend
I'm certainly interested.

Aden Thol, Blacksmith's Apprentice

Born to a poor family on the outskirts of Oaktown, Aden was apprenticed at a young age to a dwarven master smith in a nearby city. After several happy years spent learning both mundane smithcraft and the rudiments of the secret forge magic of the dwarves, Aden has nearly completed his apprenticeship, and for the first time in years, his master has given him leave to return to Oaktown and visit his family. When he arrives home, he discovers that his baby sister has been taken.

Aden is tall and a little heavy, with green eyes, freckles and a mass of unruly red hair. Strangers tend to assume that he's just another lout with a big hammer, but he's much smarter than he looks.

Stats:
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Aden Thol, level 1
Human, Artificer
Birth - Among Another Race: Among Another Race (Dwarf)
Background: Birth - Among Another Race (Endurance class skill)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 12, Con 14, Dex 11, Int 18, Wis 13, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 12, Con 14, Dex 11, Int 16, Wis 13, Cha 10.

AC: 16 Fort: 14 Reflex: 15 Will: 13
HP: 26 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
Endurance +7, Arcana +9, History +9, Thievery +5, Heal +6, Perception +6

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics, Bluff, Diplomacy, Dungeoneering +1, Insight +1, Intimidate, Nature +1, Religion +4, Stealth, Streetwise, Athletics +1

FEATS
Artificer: Ritual Caster
Human: Weapon Proficiency (Craghammer)
Level 1: Action Surge

POWERS
Artificer at-will 1: Aggravating Force
Artificer at-will 1: Magic Weapon
Bonus At-Will Power: Thundering Armor
Artificer encounter 1: Burning Weapons
Artificer daily 1: Icebound Sigil

ITEMS
Ritual Book, Craghammer, Leather Armor, Thieves' Tools, Flint and Steel, Backpack (empty), Adventurer's Kit
RITUALS
Brew Potion, Disenchant Magic Item, Enchant Magic Item, Make Whole
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

Nevermore specific stats:
Background: Awakened
Awakened At Will: Unbalancing Force
Awakened Feat: Potent Restorables
Awakened Skill Focus: Thievery

Aspect: Elemental Spirit (Fire)
Elemental Rejuvenation
Fire Resistance 5
Wrath of the Elemental

jaldaen

First Post
tsadkiel,

Your character looks great! I especially like your choice of aspect for your artificer and your character's background connection to the plot. They should fit in nicely with the rest of the story. ;)

jaldaen

First Post
A pre-Thanksgiving bump!

If we can't find a couple more players by Monday, then I'll cancel this campaign and think of something else to take up my free time. ;)

Remove ads