[4e][Paragon] Kombat Kraziness (closed)

Victim

First Post
And just a friendly reminder: PCs will be getting 1 AP at the end of this encounter (if you live, obviously). And you can only spend 1 AP per encounter (unless you're a monster).

So there's no reason not to spend your Action Point in this fight. Unless you don't have one, but I think the only people who used them last encounter used something to gain another one.

Graf

Explorer
Glib will be saving that AP for a triple move > retreat strategic repositioning off the board.

(j/k -- we do need to get out from behind the 8-ball a bit though... maybe we should all "take a fall", pretend to go down, get the dragon to land?)

[d]--[/d]

And... he mentioned two dragon hordes... does that mean... his horde and someone else's (which is not my favorite thing to have heard) or that he's killed two other dragons and is using their hordes to pay mercenaries?

Victim

First Post
And... he mentioned two dragon hordes... does that mean... his horde and someone else's (which is not my favorite thing to have heard) or that he's killed two other dragons and is using their hordes to pay mercenaries?

Maybe you could ask him.

covaithe

Explorer
I had hoped to save Web for the dragon, but this is probably a better use of it anyways. That will give us at least one round to pound on Stormy2 without much interference; hopefully two or three. If Narbel can keep shambler3 occupied, and Xak can get out, we could be in better shape. Assuming the dragon doesn't roast us all in that time.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Im not sure I can resist dropping a blade barrier on top of 3 immoblized foes.
I think a wall 5 can be placed to hit their new locations, without killing Xaf, but If anyone sees a problem with this idea let me know.

9 (daily) Blade Barrier; if creature enters or starts turn in barrier, 3d6+8 damage & 5 ongoing (sv ends) wall 5 within 10 squares ; difficult terrain, sustain minor

Does creating a wall prevoke? If I wait for Torment he can Guarding strike to protect me.

covaithe

Explorer
As someone who likes to push foes around the battlefield, Tharos is happy to have walls to push people into, but... I'm uncomfortably aware that the stormrages, at least, regenerate at a pretty quick rate, and can get healed by the dragon. Doing bits of damage to them piecemeal is not a winning strategy. I think we need to be concentrating on one at a time as much as possible.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Note that Xak can't currently be damaged, no matter what you do. When (if?) he finally gets out, he can exit in any adjacent square so he can probably evade the Blade Barrier.

But yeah, Enveloped is a tad boring in a play-by-post. Not to mention the fact that nobody can help him make a save. Though now that I think about it, I can actually trigger more saves myself freely using powers since nobody can make opportunity attacks either. Need to keep that in mind.

Victim

First Post
Note that Xak can't currently be damaged, no matter what you do. When (if?) he finally gets out, he can exit in any adjacent square so he can probably evade the Blade Barrier.

But yeah, Enveloped is a tad boring in a play-by-post. Not to mention the fact that nobody can help him make a save. Though now that I think about it, I can actually trigger more saves myself freely using powers since nobody can make opportunity attacks either. Need to keep that in mind.

Yeah, I was surprised you didn't use your save granting powers last round. That's basically the worst save ends condition in this fight. The only other save ends power is the after effect from the dragon's fear.

Walls are type of Area power IIRC, so they provoke.

Graf

Explorer
To the other players: I think we need to support Victim by posting for rena1g. It's not fair to ask him to run the PCs.

These combats are a lot of work, Victim's making it look easy but it's a grind.

Especially now that we're in the sort of middle rounds; speaking from experience the novelty wears off and it takes a lot of mental stamina to keep pushing a game forward.

I really don't have time to do it (so I'm a hypocrite) but if anybody can take 15 minutes and skim his sheet and pick an action...
I think it'd be appropriate and good and show our support for Victim and the great game he's running.

Can anybody step up?

Remove ads